News:

We still have stickers and magazines from the original Save John From Cincinnati Campaign for sale HERE!

Main Menu

Hit Or Miss II

Started by Sven2, August 11, 2010, 08:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skor

I have been reading and reading and reading! Will post my list when I get home, summer is good. Big Sur is healing me! Of course it helps lots that I was worked on by the most incredibly gifted massage healer. He worked on my leg and hip for more than 2 hours yesterday and I am feeling so damned good, I am a new me. Back in hte game? I think it may happen, working on my heart to believe...

OceanFlower

@skor: good for you! and i don't know if this qualifies as a hit or a miss but last week went to the doctor and he took blood to run some tests... the usual stuff... so Friday afternoon i go to pick up some scripts and instead of two scripts there are three... and i ask the pharmacist what this third one is and he looks at me like i'm a fucking idiot and says That's your thyroid medicine... oh really! first i heard of it... so i pays me money and gets on the customer service phone... it's 10 minutes of five on Friday and man i need to talk someone.. anyway long story short the nurse says, Well Mr Oceanflower your thyroid is failing... normal range in .035 to .040 and mine ticked in at .058... its a weird scale causer the higher the number the lower your thyroid is working.... which probably attributes to the fact that i've gained 15 lbs in the last six months, feel tired and sore most of the time... cranky and unable to concentrate properly which also might account for some of the stupid careless mistakes i've been making at work... at any rate i'm taking something called levothyroxin at a very low dosage 0.05 mgs... and this morning when i woke up i didn't feel like Dracula rising from his coffin.. and the beat goes on! what a drag it is getting old!   :P
OceanFlower

skor

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Ocean. Hope it works out for you. After I had the massage work I went to Esalen for a day and soaked in the mineral springs. Have you ever been there?http://www.esalen.org/place/hot_springs.html
Then I had a second massge shortly before flying home. My body feels better than it has in ages. I have a headache, though, this humidity and pressure is intense, they say a hurricane is coming, I hope it dwindles down to nothing, we do not need a major storm anywhere right now.

OceanFlower

skor: we are in the periphery of the storm right now the coast is getting hit pretty hard tho... it's actually kinda balmy out!  ;D
OceanFlower

SaveJFC Admin

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to tell you that I am 1 mile from the ocean on the Jersey Shore and just on the edge of the storm serge area.  The town of Spring Lake, just east of me, is under mandatory evacuation but since our house is 1.2 blocks from there we can stay... don't know if that's good or not  :-\

I found this app online that shows the projected course over Google Map and you can add or subtract different criteria.   Pretty interesting stuff...   http://crisislanding.appspot.com/  I'm in zip 07762

Hope everyone stays safe today!

Trishah
Work here, Cass.

skor

Good luck in the storm, Trishah! Stay dry and safe!

Sven2

How are you - Flower, Trishah, Skor?
We are fine, no power loss even, just some pine branches on the lawn.

Skor, how are you? You weren't under evacuation orders?
We went to the Second Story Theater on Thursday and I was going to leave a greeting card on your doorstep, but it was too dark and we couldn't find the house!  :-[
Do no harm

skor

Got power back last night-whew! Just in time to start classes today, on Thurs I have 3 2 hour classes, back to back with no break. As I write this I am a limp rag, I'll get used to it soon. Lots of cleaning up to do, but no major damage. My dad lost water and it came back on with such force it broke his pipes, that is taken care of now so we put the pieces together and continue on.

Sven- you are too cruel! One day I will catch you here, throw you over my shoulder and take you to eat oysters. Just you wait! I just can believe you would not invite me to go to the theater with you-that would be FUN!

Sven2

Oh, Skor, that's a lot of spoiled food, and life in candlelight and probably more inconveniences,  but thank God you weren't washed out into the ocean or into a wild and muddy river!
We here didn't even sneeze! Next time it'll get us, for sure!

As to the theater - I thought I saw you in the lobby! (I don't see too good, though!) To top it - the play was about Maria Callas,  how do you like that? Sorry, couldn't stop myself, I know it's cruel...... :-*

Just saw "Barney's Version" - didn't expect it to turn out so well. What a good real love story and great acting and a little bonus - Dustin Hoffman and Bruce Greenwood in supporting roles.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

all's well in the flatlands... it was just like a really bad wind storm nothing remarkable!

@sven: I related so heavily to Barney it ain't funny...
OceanFlower

Sven2

Oh, Flower, if the only Barney's affliction that makes you sad is being desperately in love - that's great!
May the other one miss you.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

true but look how he f'd it all up... dead junkie gf... ex-wives.... I mean i'm pretty much on the straight and narrow now but overall i could relate... it was a great story and Dustin Hoffman was a delight i thought...
OceanFlower

Sven2

I'm with you on all that, Flower.

Thought to mention a movie you might enjoy, bittersweet like all trips down memory lane, The Music Never Stopped. Did you get to see it?

Read somewhere that Mr. Milch and Mr. Mann are not on the best terms, someone called Milch "embattled". Gave me pause, what if "Luck" turns out to one season show like JFC?
Do no harm

OceanFlower

I was hesitant about that Music flick but i'll take your advice and give it a look... i just saw a movie last nite called Incendies.. what a flick! very intense, emotional, but if you're gonna watch it fasten your seat belt!
OceanFlower

skor

I'm still working on my Danish, with a few Swedish and Norwegian films thrown in to keep me on my toes. The last one I watched was, "A Somewhat Gentle Man"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386683/
I thought it was very good. But then I like those bleak landscapes and dark, subtle humor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk