News:

Find JOHN merchandise at Cafe Press!

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxon

Sven, are you still looking for some book titles?

Sven2

Waxon, I am curious as to what difference is between the reading list for grade school students 30-20 years ago and today. Do you  find anything on your daughter's reading list that you yourself had to read at that age?
Do no harm

backinthegame

Well always; but I've been feeling that way a lot myself of late...

... so I thought I'd stop in and say hi; seems like y'all have been busy, so I'm gonna need to catch up.

Waxon

Quote from: Sven2 on July 09, 2010, 09:35:20 AM
Waxon, I am curious as to what difference is between the reading list for grade school students 30-20 years ago and today. Do you  find anything on your daughter's reading list that you yourself had to read at that age?

I couldn't tell you.  I remember Dr Suess - but I was probably older when it was read to me - or I read it than kids today.

HEY, BACK!  Don't be a stranger.

SaveJFC Admin

Quote from: backinthegame on July 10, 2010, 03:12:25 AM
Well always; but I've been feeling that way a lot myself of late...

... so I thought I'd stop in and say hi; seems like y'all have been busy, so I'm gonna need to catch up.

Glad to see you back, Back  ;)

Yes a lot is happening.  Please check out the parade page I've created.  I'd like feedback before we go live...

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/parade
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, how's it going? The toes and fingers and all? Guess your summer is busy, eh?
Stay in touch.
Do no harm

Tali

Forgot my password again, had to sign back up and not only, 1 - think of new password, but then, 2- unscramble a word, and, 3-do math! Lots of reading to catch up on - Liked seeing the parade! I couldn't post to it (probably have already forgot new password) or 9 years old computer w/questionable DSL is just not the Camino. I saw there was a tech thread, I'll go look... Very Glad I missed out on being a stinkweed girl though!

Sven2

:D  Oh, Tali, that's cruel! If I had to unscramble something, (besides scrambled eggs, that is) I'd just quit and go home! Or I'd ask Skor to do that for me, she's got something like a black belt in Scrabble. Is that the same game?  ???  8) On top of all that the math problems - that would've done me in!
How could your computer last that long? Do you give it vitamins, what's your secret?

No, you'd make a beautiful Stinkweed lady!

P.S. Tali, you don't need to remember your password. Just  Look at the bottom right when you log in next time and mark a little box "forever" to stay logged in.

Do no harm

skordamou

Hello folks!  Here I am totally relaxed, actually have time to write and think, BUT no internet or cell service. I'm unable to spontaneously post much, except for times like now, when I am at the local library!

Sven2

A note to every visitor - thanks for reading, why don't you register and introduce yourself, we'd have a chance to know you better. "And who are you? - I am a friend of Shaun. - He is my friend," or something like that, you know?

Note to the old friends visiting - say "Hi, I was here", or just write your name, like people do, sometimes on overpasses, sometimes on a cliff, sometimes on the sandy beach at the ocean.

Try it, it won't hurt!!! :D :D :D

Do no harm

raymac

Hello Friends! Just got back online recently after a hiatus of several months. Didn't miss the internet too much but did miss checking up on the good folks here. Sven has been trying to coax me over here through FB messages and I thought she was trying to lure me back to the FB threads. It finally dawned on me(just yesterday) that she has been talking about the BBs here! I found an old message of hers that had the link to here and after 10 or so trys at the username and password I hit the jackpot and now you are all stuck with me again. I just got a netbook so I'll be around imposing my musical and poetry tastes on the monadistas out there. Love to see Sven posting Bukowski...warms my heart! I am AMAZED that there is activity over here. I had been a big advocate of posting here(even before HBO pulled the plug) but everytime I stopped by there was NOTHING being posted. I basically gave up on this site. It is truly amazing and shows the power and impact that this great show had on our lives that there is activity over here. I'm adding this site to my favorites and will be around more often. Love to all!

raymac

While I'm at it...thanks to Trishah!

skordamou

RAY!!!! I am smiling, just signed on and saw your post. It is so very good to see you here. Being offline is not the worst thing. I am currently on an internet "diet", spending time in Vermont, lakeside in a rather remote area. I am too hardcore to go cold turkey, I check in at the library, haha. I am very curious to know if you have been writing, and whether you would share anything with us.

SaveJFC Admin

Hey Ray!  There you are!  Great to have you back around.  I'm really busy and don't get a chance to post here right now as often as I would like but I do keep checking in... and of course make myself available if there are any tech problems.

How is your work going?  And your family?  Hope all is well with you and yours.

Did you see that YouTube pulled our 2400lbs of Birdseed video?  Sony thought it violated copyright infringement.  But there is still a copy here on the main site.  Couldn't let that one go to waste after everything it took to put it together.
Work here, Cass.

jcalmit

I live in florida and had to go to San Diego this pass week for business.  Why being out their I had to stop by Imperial Beach to see where JFC was filmed.  It was good to see the hotel from the show.  Any news on if they are going to give it another go? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk