News:

NEW Media Gallery!  Add your images and then add them to your posts!  Enjoy!

Main Menu

In the Language of Music

Started by Jimmy Two Nutz, December 08, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Closing song, Episode 8 of "Luck".
Am I A Good Man - Them Two
Do no harm

Sven2

Sorry, couldn't resist. There is something about angels and a choir, and it's great to feel young when the spring comes again.
Fun.: We Are Young ft. Janelle Monáe [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

This week for your SciFi Pizza Friday listening pleasure, we have two tunes by Bobby Caldwell.  Enjoy!

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

For your listening pleasure this SciFi Pizza Friday...

One of the best from the great duo Seals and Crofts. Seals and Crofts are Jim Seals (born James Seals, October 17, 1941, Sidney, Texas) and Dash Crofts (born Darrell Crofts, August 14, 1940, Cisco, Texas). The soft rock duo was one of the most successful musical acts of the 1970s. They are best-known for their hits "Summer Breeze" and "Diamond Girl". Seals' younger brother, Dan Seals was also well known as one half of another successful soft rock band in the same time period, England Dan & John Ford Coley, as well as for his success as a country artist in the mid-1980s. The duo disbanded in 1980, and both members went on to become public advocates of the Bahá'í Faith. They reunited briefly from 1991-1992 and again in 2004, when they released their final album, Traces.

Beautiful harmonies!

The classic... Makes me miss the 1970's

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Nice, to both of ya, Trish and Watcher, the summer must be treating you well! Thanks for the tunes, in this heat one's brain gets to almost boiling. Now Manhattan in ice is traveling from Greenland, gawd, what's next on the agenda!

Hope you guys are staying cool.

Joe Cocker - Dont let the sun go down on me.wmv
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

A tragic day...  Gloom hangs over this SciFi Pizza Friday...  So, here's some Michael McDonald classics to bring a little pleasure to your night...

Michael McDonald - You Belong To Me
I love the bass line in this...  And the pictures the guy choose just makes me smile  ;D

QuoteUploaded by dreamrealitysyndrome on Feb 5, 2009

Song wasn't up, so I thought I 'd see to it that it gets posted.

I didn't have any real clips to go with the song, so I threw in a bunch of Saab 900's ;-)

Patti LaBelle - On My Own ft. Michael McDonald

The Man, Myth and legend in Michael McDonald sings with soul diva in Patti LaBelle back in 1986. A real klassic.

What A Fool Believes - Michael McDonald

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Here is this week's SciFi Pizza Friday music from my UK friend, Juilan...  This week it's 3 tunes from R&B artists Ashford & Simpson from the 1970's.  Enjoy...

Ashford & Simpson Have You Ever Tried It.
Finally another great tune from the same 1973 album "Gimme Something Real" for you to enjoy for your Pizza with.

Ashford & Simpson wrote songs for many people before starting out together, they even wrote for Marvin Gaye.

Have a great sci-fi pizza weekend.

Ashford & Simpson - Anywhere
This song is a really nice track from the same 1973 album.

Ashford & Simpson Aint that good enough
I hope all is well in the life on the other side of Atlantis...

Time for the heavier type of R&B for you...  This track was on their f1rst album entitled "Gimme Something Real" back in 1973.  Nicholas Ashford died just last year (may his soul rest in peace).

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Better late than never...  Here are this week's SciFi Pizza Friday tunes from my friend Julian in the UK...

Ace -- How Long (1974)

I am sure you remember this classic tune by British band called Ace. This was among the first singles I bought while I was still at boarding school; brings great memories.

R & J STONE We Do It

Another classic song by British husband-wife team Russell & Joanne Stone. I used to wear out the groove of this tune on my old vinyl.

Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)

This was a classic back in 1975 on the international club scene performed by Nat King Cole's daughter; I am sure you used to wear out your high heels dancing away to this tune back then. I was still at school hearing this song on Soul radio shows.

Have a wonderful Sci-Fi pizza weekend.

Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk