News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

In the Language of Music

Started by Jimmy Two Nutz, December 08, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

You know, Mz.Lily, it still surprises me - why's that instead of nice bare-naked ladies we see those sturdy lumberjack men, huh?  :D :D :D

Nice song though!
Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Wavewatcher, I think you introduced The Black Keys to the BB - thanks to you I now have an addiction to the band, listened to most of their albums.
Band of Horses too - it was you, was it not? Thanks again!  :)

"Share and share alike", is that the correct quote?
Do no harm

Sven2

Thought Skor Might like it - vacations, new semester and all that jazz!

Natalie Merchant - Verdi Cries.
Do no harm

wavewatcher

woke up today with the Beatles on the brain..like many other days

Pearl Jam - I've Got A Feeling

Sven2

I watched a PBS documentary about some "Secrets" of Beatles the other night and beside "revelation" about Lennon's youthful sexapades and experiments and his first marriage having been kept in shadows to better market the quartet, there was nothing much. That however left me wondering, what does real, messy and troubled often as it happens, existence of an artist means afterwards - after poetry, or music, or a canvas are finished, the author expired and the public might not be interested in their personal travails? Is that even marginally significant - who did what in their earthly life.

The song is by an English band, strangely about Tijuana, why - who knows, have they visited the border city? Loved someone there? Is that just the name that's got their attention? Nice song though.

Gomez - Tijuana Lady (Live @ hmv Liverpool)
Do no harm

wavewatcher

I believe that most true artists are always creating. The public attention to their private lives, while inevitable, is still a pathetic commentary about our society. The best way for the artist to counter this intrusion is to continue to create (and maybe hire some security :))
I am an avid GOMEZ fan for over a decade now. Sven, you should check out "Liquid Skin", their coolest album..IMHO.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk