News:

NEW Media Gallery!  Add your images and then add them to your posts!  Enjoy!

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassie

Hey bar-tender, give me a BEER, and charge it to Sven2's acct 8) How come this place says it has guest, but no one is saying much???
Loosen up FOLKS!

Eccles

I am greatly enjoying Showtime's 'Shameless.' In some respects it reminds me of 'JFC' insofar as it explores the themes of family and community; obligations realized as blessings, grit and grace, and belonging. I don't think I've enjoyed a show so much and been as touched by one in years.

cassie

(Shameless).
Thanks for the suggestion Eccles and very nice to meet you.   I am cassie. (work here Cass)I must say I love reading your post.

After all these years 

Eccles

Quote from: cassie on January 24, 2011, 05:38:08 PM
(Shameless).
Thanks for the suggestion Eccles and very nice to meet you.   I am cassie. (work here Cass)I must say I love reading your post.

After all these years 

It's nice to meet you, Cassie.

I've been thinking about the phrase: "work here, Cass." I think it expresses much the same thing as "living in the present moment," which is something we were discussing earlier on this thread. In a scene with 'John,' Cass defines herself: "I'll always be that girl from Hibbing, Minnesota." She looks to the future with fear and trepidation. She does not get what John means when he tells her to "work here" because the one place she isn't is "here," or in the present moment - she's either back fretting about what happened in Hibbing in the past or else she's fretting about what hasn't yet happened in the future. On her own in the hotel room looking at the stuff she recorded she grows increasingly frustrated because she is concentrating - she is concentrating on finding the hidden meaning of the events rather than simply observing them. It's like she is trying to find awareness instead of waking up to it. But she learns a better way.

I'm rambling.

cassie

Please, please ramble on Ecccles.. I love waking up and reading your post.

skordamou

I just finished a marathon watch of two seasons of "Lie to Me". Truth be told, I just loved watching Tim Roth with all his appealing quirkiness. Not a bad show, actually. Makes it a bit difficult to look at people's faces in quite the same way. Garret Dillahunt as a guest star in one episode, more Jack McCall than Dr. Smith.Too bad, I like his gentle, generous side. Erlemyer, though played a role truer to character.  I haven't been watching much real-time TV, so I have missed most of the new roles that the I.B. gang have taken on. Still, I always feel a sweet remembrance when I do see them.

cassie

Ok I need a drink and is there a tarot card reader in the house 8)

skordamou

Hi Cassie! Welcome. Were you with us on the HBO board, perhaps with a different name? I'm wondering if I know you or if you are new here. Just saw your post on another thread about Jimmy 2 Nutz, so you do go way back.

cassie

hi skorda.... the only thing I've dropped is ten pounds.

Sven2

Have you, really? Wow, that calls for a new name, bright and light new personae, Cassie! Not that you have to look like those undernourished teens anyways.
There is nothing against anorexia more convincing than photos of Isabelle Caro.
Do no harm

cassie

just trying to get healthy Sven, feels great, especially when others come up to you and recognize you have shed a few pounds ;)

Sven2

As I was cleaning my old e-mails, I accidentally clicked on the link to HBO site. So I looked on their series and - surprise - there is Deadwood thread. It's been started some time in November 2010, and now has 4 topics and no more than 35 replies total.

They really missed the train on that one. Probably tried to revive the discussions - remember how lively were Deadwood and JFC BBs once? Now that they want to sell more blue-ray "Deadwood", reopening a site for the show looks like a cheap and crude sales trick. 
Do no harm

skordamou

Funny, I also visited there recently and saw that. I had not been there in ages and ages. I still can't figure out that site and even if I manage to get where I want to go, I can't read the text. It was prtty much my home for awhile, but that was then. Though I must admit that I am looking forward to "Luck."

skordamou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJQM5xBaRXI
Happy Birthday, Trishah! Enjoy your day! (and all the snow!)

skordamou

How do I post a youtube again? I forgot! Sorry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk