News:

We still have stickers and magazines from the original Save John From Cincinnati Campaign for sale HERE!

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cissy

Hi everyone  :) nice to see you here. I was just thinking about you too Tammy, it is good to hear from you. Don't see a listing for the 'new site', saw the parade, which said I'm not Cissy Yost when it says to click here, but some days are like that.
Wish I could find any of you, from reading below, I'm probably not supposed to be writing this here, there seem to be other places where my post would be more in tune or relevant to the name of the room, I apologize for not being able to find them.
I do keep coming by, I was being distracted by the posts from 2007, thinking I must be in the wrong place. Again, Hello old friends, good to see your posts here :)
A lonesome high
A funny time cry
The blues
The blues
The blues

SaveJFC Admin

Looks like the old gang is getting back together!  This is really wonderful.

Cissy, it might help to go into your profile and change your layout so the most recent posts are on the top of page 1.

Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > then check the boxes next to "Show most recent posts at the top." and  "Show most recent personal messages at top."  Then save.

Also, this is Barry's Bar and anything you can say there you can say here... we don't discriminate  ;D    But if there is something that obviously goes under another topic area then it's best to post there just so others can find it easier.

And, the "new site" is www.JohnFromCincinnati.net and you can login to this forum from both the new site and johnfromcincinnati.net...  same forum, two sites.  I spent a good deal of time adding photos to the gallery on the front page of the new site.

OH>>> has anyone been over the www.JFCexperience.com site yet?
Work here, Cass.

skordamou

Stopped in for a quite light-on-the-alcohol Bloody Mary. Back to work tomorrow. It's funny how clearly I remember this day three years ago, when we were on the BB and there was a buzz of electric excitement coming through the ether. Tempus fugit, as they say.

SaveJFC Admin

And I remember it with a mixture of feelings as the cancellation was a "rumor" at the time and I was hoping that when the last episode aired there would still be good news about a second season.

On the other hand, that last scene with "Bill" in his wife's upstairs room was and still is magical and wonderful and that I will always remember fondly.

And of course... it brought us together. 

Anyone up for a game of pool?
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Tammy, you've made it! With you here the bar now feels like a really lived in place! Get better and think about a new campaign, BOSS was a great "F you, HBO" enterprise, unforgettable, because of you. 

Skor, I was looking for you today all along the Sachuest Beach!  :-* The sand was unbearably hot, frying pan, and I suddenly remembered how Butchie screamed, "Fuck, fuck, fuck", running barefoot on the hot asphalt from his van to the door of Snug Harbor.
So what if some are gone and others - too far away? Doesn't change the past and doesn't kill the future.
Do no harm

skordamou

I thought that was you, Svennie. I almost asked you to go for a Del's lemonade, but I lost my nerve. I still can't believe that you come and stay so close to me and won't share oysters. I love you anyhow.

Sachuest Point is one of RI's most special places.  So very beautiful and wild feeling.  Taki's sister's U.S. memorial service was held there, with half of her ashes tossed into the sea, got a special dispensation from the Greek Orthodox Church because the place meant that much to her. I will go walk the trails after Labor Day. Have you visited jerusalem? If not, you really must next time you come down here. It is where I go clamming. Taki's family's built the first house there on the waternthere, a summer cottage so that his father could base his lobster fishing there for the summer. Back then it was quite an ordeal to travel from Newport, before the bridges. It is so sad that his mother sold the house without telling anyone, it would be so wonderful to have that place now. Oh well.  We still go there and clam, I think clamming in Jerusalem is the best way possible to spend a day, I hope I get there this season.

I am back to work. It is good, my classes are full with shiny new faces.

I have alot going on,esp. with Taki and my parents.  I was getting frustrated with the internet. In part because I feel you all here are my real friends and yet when it comes down to the nitty gritty of real life, what we sometimes need is a warm body that can give a hug or go sit under a tree and drink wine. I've come to terms. As with everything, it is a question of balance. Not to forsake one for the other. I am back. Glad to see everyone here.

Waxon

Quote from: skordamou on August 30, 2010, 03:09:24 PM
what we sometimes need is a warm body that can give a hug or go sit under a tree and drink wine.

Who couldn't use that!  I have two little warm bodies that are pretty good at hugs, but wouldn't last 3 seconds under that tree.  As for them drinking wine - well, believe me, I am tempted sometimes!

Anyway, glad you are back, Skor.   Gin and tonic coming right up! 

(Might have some bad weather coming your way.  Hope it moves back out to sea.)

skordamou

Yes, we certainly do not need a major storm. We have had them in the past, hurricanes are not pleasant. Years ago, Taki's family lost their house, and his father lost his fishing boat. After that his father sailed straight out to sea whenever a hurricane was coming.
But if we get a cooling breeze that will be good. It is insufferably hot here, very close with no air. I have 2 fans on me, but still have to jump in the shower every once in awhile.
I could really use that gin and tonic about now, Wax. Thanks. I need to wind down a bit, I am always nervous the first week back to work. No reason for it, just happens. I really do like what I do.

Sven2

Oh, Skor, if that woman had a red, like a cooked lobster, face, then it must've been me. (Did I look pleasant to your loving eyes? :D 8)) I am still roasting and roaming in your home state, my classes start after Labor Day. As to the Internet, it could be either menace or a blessing, sometimes both, but life without it would be bland like mashed potatoes. I cannot imagine this place without you. Any of you.... and even those souls long gone that are just shadows on the walls still speak and smile to us on occasion.

I wish we could continue with the story. We should just rename it "John from Cleveland", as it was done in some spoof on YouTube, than all bets are off, total freedom, we'd include latest trendy nonsense - vampires and such, eh? Just kidding......(Though I'd love to have Aaron Paul for a part in JFC!)

Waxon, what is your summer drink of choice? Mine is Limoncello  martini on the rocks. Last call for summer concession, place your orders!

Do no harm

Sven2

Wow, Skor, we are here at the same time! It's HOT, you're right.
Nah, you would do just fine, don't you worry your pretty little head!
Do no harm

Waxon

Quote from: Sven2 on August 31, 2010, 11:45:10 PM

Waxon, what is your summer drink of choice? Mine is Limoncello  martini on the rocks. Last call for summer concession, place your orders!

My preference is not based on time of year but where I am drinking it   ;)

That being said - I just have draft.  (Later when I get home I might just have a little Irish Whiskey)

BTW, Can you imagine what a stranger might think if you approached them on the beach and said "Score?"?  8)

Sven2

Wearing a bikini I'd probably risk it,  :D :D :D :D :D
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I've been so busy I haven't even checked the news in days until you mentioned weather here... category 4 hurricane?  :'(  Well...  I guess that's one way to get the junk out of the yard and lawn watered  ;D
Work here, Cass.

Waxon

:D   Now thats keeping a positive light on things!

Waxon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk