News:

We still have stickers and magazines from the original Save John From Cincinnati Campaign for sale HERE!

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

I know Waxon will look gorgeous in a bikini,   8) :o :P Farley, good to see you claiming the place for yourself!
Do no harm

skordamou

Fars! How good to see you! Are we here?How exciting!

Sven2

"In preparation of the celebration"

To everyone interested and Save (T-a):

The BB is open but our numbers are abysmally low.
Since after the exile from HBO, our permanent move to the new home here coincides with the 3rd anniversary of JFC premiere, I think it calls for a "big and huge" public announcement. I mean that we (Save) have a mailing list of some hundreds of e-mail addresses of JFC fans, who haven't been contacted for a while for the lack of news.
I think and suggest to send everyone an invitation to the revamped JFC forum for the family reunion.
The time is tight, the June 20th is close, so we have to decide ASAP.

Any thoughts?

Maybe we also should ask in the invitation, if anyone wants to say a couple of words about the show and its effect on their life, or ask to say anything whatsoever about it. I hope that would remind people that the board exists and is active once again.

JFC deserves a parade!
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I do have the mailing list and I have a way to send out mailings to all of them, so all we need to do is figure out what we're doing!

And to that end...  I have an idea of how to do the Parade!

http://www.thehorizontalway.com

I am talking to my programmer to see if we can add a commenting script to it so that each comment will appear to the right of the other... So it will really be like watching a parade  ;D  And I've asked him to make it possible to add video to the comments... what's a parade if you can't see it in action!

I've told him the deadline is the 20th.  I'll keep you informed.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, the e-mail should be an invitation to the renovated headquarters, not something grand though, and I think it would be better if you and Back (or any one of you) could write that. Would you mind asking  Back to write an e-mail? I read again his letter to Milch and liked his style very much. By the way, maybe we should send a thank you letter to Milch, not that it would produce any results for JFC. That would  be just a sign of our appreciation of the show and gratitude. I don't know if that's such a good idea though. He never answered to Back's letter or anything else we sent as I know.

The horizontal layout is interesting, if we also could incorporate still shots/pictures from JFC. Think of something else, you have the knowledge. Parade is just a symbolic word for a celebration here, I think. Whatever we could accomplish would be OK by me. Definitely better than doing nothing.

Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I have moved the technical discussion to another thread.

And I have emailed  BackInTheGame to see if he's up for, well... getting back in the game lol.

Sry, couldn't resist!
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Oh, thanks for telling me,  I thought I'm getting nuts!
Do no harm

Sven2

Hi, Patrick!,
Say a word if you are still around. I made myself an invisible Sven - to watch over and "slay" spammers.
Did you notice almost 2000 of unknown (let it stay this way!) entities? I wonder what are they doing here.....I visit Deadwood forum on occasion, there are only 37 registered, but they come and talk, keep their connection.
Great quote from Ovid, Patrick. (on FB). That disaster is terrible and a warning.
Do no harm

Sven2

Waxon, regarding the tattoo on Moana fingers that you posted on the technical thread  and on FB.
I saw a short fragment of a documentary about Hawaii surfers. The "wolfpak" (sic!) marks Moana as one of vigilantes who are self appointed  protectors of order on Hawaiian  beaches - they stop violence, fights, etc.
Thought to mention, though you may already know that.
Do no harm

Patrick

0--<

Didn't know where to put it, so it landed in Ep. 18

Kai and Shaun help out in the Gulf

feel free to edit, add, fix up   ;D

Sven2

That's a great scene, Patrick! That's what they would do, definitely, you are seeing that right. No, no need to touch or move it, however it probably would fit better at some future point in the story. But - it's not written yet, so why not leave it there? Or, if you wish, move it to "Write Your Own" thread, up to you.

That's a wonderful and surprising gift, Patrick. Thank you very much!
There should be even more coming from you, I'd say!  ;D
Do no harm

Sven2

Patrick, it seems to me that the scene will be better noticed - and appreciated - on "Write your Own" thread.
What do you think?
Do no harm

Farley

Hi guys, just wanted to say  hi!!! I love the parade idea like a carnival of JFC fun.. Stay Strong

Patrick

Quote from: Sven2 on June 15, 2010, 08:38:39 PM
Patrick, it seems to me that the scene will be better noticed - and appreciated - on "Write your Own" thread.
What do you think?

I think you are right, I didn't see that thread - it has been moved  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk