News:

Check our Marc Ostrick's new site JFCexperience.com for behind the scenes video not seen before and much much more!

Main Menu

In the Language of Music

Started by Jimmy Two Nutz, December 08, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Wow, lots of good music, thanks, Trishah.
I don't get to the computer much lately since getting Samsung latest Galaxy, unfortunately our BB is not suited for mobile use. Feels like returning to the forgotten place - you noticed the ceilings lower, the peeling walls, and the whole place smells different, if you know what I mean - eve returned somewhere you haven't been for a while?

Found just one new song that I liked, from a typical "chick-flick", feel good forgettable movie, so here it is. Seriously, forgot the title immediately. Oh, it back - "Loosies".

Please Believe Me, by: Hightide Blues
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

SciFi Pizza Friday -  Music to Groove by....  More tunes from Julian in the UK....

Bloodstone--- Who Has The Last Laugh Now

This also came out on the 1972 album "Natural High."

Charles Love is the second guy on the left and he is the lead (baritone) singer, the main songwriter and lead guitarist. Charles McCormick on the f1rst left is the one leading the (tenor) vocals.

Pure natural soul with very little electronics used. These guys are still alive and going strong into 2012.

BloodStone Mix

I am going to take your mind to the deepest type of soul music there is as composed by legendary (and I mean legendary) gospel/soul-funk group "Bloodstone."

The f1rst 5 minutes is the track "Ran it to the Ground." The second half is the track "Never Let You Go." Both songs were on their f1rst album entitled "Natural High" released in 1972, but this group was formed in 1962 when they did music out of pleasure and not for money...

You most likely never heard this song, but this group had a strong influence on most R&B, Soul and Funk Bands formed back in the 1970s to the present.

See all them cars?! Did you have any one of them back in your heydays?! LOL.

Bloodstone - You're still a young man

This is the Bloodstone live in Cleveland, Ohio a few years back.

The sound of this tune note for note is just as good as it was produced in the studio back in 1973 on the album entitled "Instant Love." Very few groups can do this live.

Charles Love is the man 2nd from left with Charles McCormick 2nd from right, both giving it their all together on the song "You're Still A Young Man."

Try catching Charles Love's jacket and his hat! LOL.
Gospel and Soul at its rawest!!!

This should infuse your pizza with plenty of soul this weekend.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

There is a recent film about this singer, Sixto Rodriguez - "Searching for Sugar Man". Talented and shy, he never made it, not like some of his contemporaries, obnoxious, arrogant, or just lucky, who clawed and fought their way to limelight.

Strange fate... good music.

Rodriguez - Inner City Blues (Live on KEXP)
Rodriguez - Crucify Your Mind (1970)
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Hey Sven, thanks for the Rodriguez tunes!  I saw him on the news this morning and thought it an amazing story... wow.

And now for my contribution this late summer SciFi Pizza Friday from my UK friend Julian...

I am sure, I've sent this one to you before. When I first heard this tune, I really thought it was by Hall & Oates.  This was number 1 for about 32 weeks back in 1977.  I am checking up on the Funk band Slave with only Mark Adams in the videos

http://youtu.be/Hn-enjcgV1o

Remember this when you probably told your ex the words of this track, when it got "Hotter Than July in 1980? LOL.

I literally wore this track off, when I bought this album it back in 1980 that I had to buy another one of this album!

http://youtu.be/ISbkwLvrUDM

I was only about 10 when I first heard this track and became a Stevie Wonder fan as a result. This album and his previous album started his classic period for the next 4 years... And certainly music ahead of its time.

http://youtu.be/cY2fz5RBgvQ

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Another Friday Night music-fest...

Guilty - Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb

This one is a classic by the one and only Gospel singer Patti Austin... A duet with James Ingram on her 1982 album Every Home Should Have One.
Patti Austin & James Ingram ~ Baby come to me

Surely, you must remember this tune...
just friends - Carol Bayer Sager featuring Michael Jackson
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Some '70's retro from Julian in the UK for this SciFi Pizza Friday... enjoy  ;D

"This one is from Joe Thomas (plays flute and saxophones) released in 1976.  This tunes tells you exactly what you are doing tonite! That is "Galaxy Dreamin'."

Joe Thomas - Galaxy Dreamin'

"Finally, this one will take you to 'Venus' for your Sci-Fi pizza mind trip. Again from the same 1976 album "Feelin's from Within." A real 'ahead of its time' gem and classic. "

Joe Thomas - Venus

Sending you Jazz for a change! This Joe Thomas on flute on the same 1976 album "Feelin's from Within."  This tune is timeless! I also like the bass flowing with the beat of this tune.  Do not mix this Jazz artist Joe Thomas (born 1933) with today's R&B artist Joe Thomas (born 1973).

Coco - Joe Thomas
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Your weekly dose of SciFi Pizza Friday music videos from Julian:

This one came out in 1970, when you were still using the old typewriters. 42 years of technology passed by, you are using the Android technology.  Sci-Fi turn reality. How's that for a change?

The Impressions-Times Have Changed (Leroy Hutson)

Mellow as a cello...   At the time of this film' release, I was still at boarding school. My older "music mad" sister had this soundtrack album 'Three The Hard Way' (a film starring Jim Brown, Jim Kelly and Fred Williamson) which had this track 'Wendy.' She played this tune almost everyday back then.   Hope it mellows out the stress out of you for the weekend Sci-Fi treat!

"WENDY" BY IMPRESSIONS 1974

Another mellow as a cello tune.  Again from the 1974 'Three The Hard Way' soundtrack album.  I will be playing, relaxing and reminiscing to a lot of my old classical mellow tunes for the weekend.

"HAVING A BALL" BY THE IMPRESSIONS
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Greatly appreciated, Trishah, some beauties there!

Just got new Bob Dylan album, Tempest, didn't have time to listen yet. There are only pieces and covers on YouTube.
Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle
First Listen: Bob Dylan's Tempest

Here is a cover, kinda relevant to JFC, "Roll On, John", although.... it is for John Lennon.  
BOB DYLAN-ROLL ON JOHN(COVER)

Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Good Saturday to you all!

I went to sleep early last night before Julian sent the weekly music videos, so here is the SciFi Pizza Friday (Saturday :-) tunes...

One more time. This one came out in 1969.

Evil Ways ~ Santana

This was on the 1976 album called "Amigos."

He has plenty of soul his licks.

He is definitely one of my favourite guitarist, if not my favourite.

Enjoy...

Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's Smile), Santana

A taste of the great Carlos Santana.

Well All Right ~ Santana

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Another belated SciFi Pizza Friday music fest...  But it's a real goove'in one!

"Oh What a Night".  Same title, different song! This tune came out in 1959.

The Dells - Oh What a Night

I am sure you know this tune.

December 1963(Oh What a Night!)-Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons-Lyrics

If you are tiring of me sending you these tunes, "Blame It On The Night!"  This night tune is more up to date than the previous.  This artist is actually a comedian by trade, but he is so very talented that he should have made it bigger than he did.

Finis Henderson - Blame It On The Night (1983)

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

It's a long and slow song, not for the impatient souls. I just found this band, "The Dears", don't even know who they are.
The Dears - Saviour
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Sorry for not posting on my SciFi Pizza Fridays the last 2 weeks, it's because Julian's computer was crashing and he had to rebuild it and get all his programs reinstalled!  YUCK!  He's almost done with it so hopefully this Friday we will have more good music to post :D
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

What - someone still REBUILDS their computer? What, from scratch?

Yeah, less vids per page might do the trick, it's terribly slow.
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk