News:

Check our Marc Ostrick's new site JFCexperience.com for behind the scenes video not seen before and much much more!

Main Menu

Hit Or Miss II

Started by Sven2, August 11, 2010, 08:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skordamou

OceanFlower

Really? this has got to be for the haole flatlanders! LOL!  :P
Man somebody decided to eat not one but two cans of sardines
at work yesterday didn't even have the common sense or decency
to at least rinse the tins out b4 throwing in garbage marone a mi!
it smelled like the Fulton Fish Mkt on a really really hot day!
Stupidity should be a life threatening disease or at least very
painful n'cest pas?  ::)
OceanFlower

Sven2

Quote from: Eccles on February 08, 2011, 01:13:29 PM

I think the 'Justified' Season One Finale is one of the most enjoyable and moving episodes of anything I've seen on TV in recent years. I'm looking forward to Season Two. By the way, the creator/writer/executive producer of the series is named Yost. So there's that too.

The season finale was easily the best of the whole season, I agree, Eccles. The first episode of the second season is frighteningly medieval, its atmosphere reminded me of Deadwood pigs in Mr.Wu possession, eaters of human flesh - it was that disturbing.

Do no harm

OceanFlower

what am i "missing" here  ???
OceanFlower

skordamou

Hi Ocean- It's good to have you back around here.

OceanFlower

thanks skorda! life's been crazy lately & doesn't look like its gonna stop neither!
the craziness i mean! been on the go since i stepped off the train in Cary the usual
catastrophe! life as we know it! LOL!
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

wow! total deadsville here!  ::)
OceanFlower

cassie

..what?? flower said.. dead,... totally agree.

That's winter

OceanFlower

I saw The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest last night--not bad but having read the book no real surprises of course.. Salander's punk rock costume during the trial is to die for and worth the price of admission alone!

Anyone who is familiar with The Girl series written by the late Stieg Larsson might want to check out the detective series written by Henning Mankell who supposedly inspired Larsson to write the The Girl trilogy. It's on my reserve list at the library of course but considering Mankell has written 11 books I hope I won't have to wait 3 months!

Also waiting for Andre Dubous III new book called Townie. Apparently the reknowned write Andre Dubous his father left the family for a younger woman in a state of destitution while he was living the high life at the university getting toasted as an award winning writer. In the meantime, Andre III's brother is almost beaten to death by some local thugs and his sister is raped. In answer to that Andre man's up starts lifting weights and turns himself into one bad ass motherfucking street fighter to get his revenge. Being an old street fighter myself I am looking forward to that one. Under the influence of my first "hippie" girlfriend I guess you might say I became a pacifist during the late 60s & during that time only had three fights all of which centered around defending her honor. The first was because some idiot who had just gotten out of jail molested her almost to the point of rape. He was bigger than me, vicious and a much better fighter. I went into that fight knowing I was going to lose but nobody fucks with my girl. I was getting my head squashed under his boot in the gutter after flailing pool cues at each other when the cops showed up & he ran off. 2d: a friend of her brother's made a comment about her cleavage while i was out the room. I followed him out to the VW van he was in and bitch slapped him around a little; 3d overturned an entire table of glasses and pitchers of beer on some idiot who made a rather rude and lewd comment to my girl right in front of me at the local bar where we used to drink. Good thing I was a pacifist eh??  ;D
OceanFlower

Sven2

Flower, you just have to have a single thread where we could simply read your fascinating vintage stories. Remember Mitch and Cass - "I like vintage"? :-*

The latest "hit" I saw recently in our Portsmouth independent bookstore (maybe the last one surviving) is "Android Karenina", a sci-fi/horror retelling of the classic love story. Who the heck is Ben Winters?

Here is the trend for you - just grab a classic novel, and replace the characters with robots, zombies and flying saucers.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

sorry it was just my imagination running away with me!  :-*  :P

or to misquote the great late James Marshall Hendrix:

"Oh man, you really wanna hear all those old songs?"   8)
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

two flicks:

Town directed & starring Ben Affleck; not bad a bang bang shoot em up bank/armored car robbery flick! Ben's pyscho side kick steals the show: after ka-nocking down an adversary w/ a sledge hammer shoots him in the knee & quips, "Oops there goes college soccer!"   :D

Conviction interesting true story starring Hilary Swank but again Minnie Driver steals the show! the recent Oscar winning Melissa Leo as a very bad cop!  :-*
OceanFlower

Sven2

As I'm in recovery, - mind you, not in the AA 12 steps or in Overeaters Anonimous, just from a rather boring flu, I spent last couple days on the couch, surrounded by 5 different clickers, watching everything there was on TV and Netflix.

"I Am Dina", a Scandinavian flick was too much for my weakened spirit, I got the screams of a burned woman embedded in my mind forever. It's a blend of animalistic sex, romanticized horrors of life in the North, with the  unneeded intrusion of a devilishly handsome Russian anarchist. I think the heroine killed him too, I'm not completely sure, as the end gave me more shivers.

Bleak in content and beautiful in cinematography "Girl At The Lake", Italian thriller, very concise story about the ways people take on or try to escape tragedies in their life, with the tying knots end, that I loved, that was weirdly comforting in a "moment of grace" sort. Watch it, if you don't mind reading subtitles.

"Original Sin", where Angelina Jolie shows good expanse of legs and Antonio Banderas looks like a stunned cow. Pretends to be a romance, I believe it's a comedy.

Just finished a book "Mercury Falls" - hilarious at the beginning, wears off at the end, a story from a supposedly fallen angel perspective on one of many attempts of Armageddon, where linoleum plays an important part and it's funny, believe it or not!  Am reading now "Snakewoman of Little Egypt", an anthropologist meets a woman, an ex-convict, location is somewhere in the Bible Belt, time is present. Interesting.

Talk to you y'all later, work time.
Love,
Sven.

Do no harm

Sven2

Flower, now it's you and me, merchant-zombies don't count.  :D :D :D :D :D

Remember Mr. Frey, the author of the fake memoir (that whole scandal I think was a clever marketing ploy)?
Don't know if you read about his new book, you'll love it.

"A drinking, pot-smoking bisexual Messiah who lives in the Bronx, that's the setup for the upcoming James Frey book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," his version of the second coming."

The price is very steep -  $50.00, not that I'm buying anyways! Maybe for the Kindle price, out of curiosity.

The man is very industrious, if not plainly shameless, he's founded a "fiction factory", hires English lit graduates to turn his ideas into books. However, "I am Number Four" is one of the fruits of such labor, so maybe the business model will be spreading.

I finished in one night "The Bells", a novel-melodrama in three acts, it's a remake of "Cry to Heaven", just more baroque. What are you reading?

Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk