News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

Movie Title Game

Started by laurel, August 07, 2010, 11:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

The Golden Compass (2007)

THE GOLDEN COMPASS -full movie (1/11)

Apparently the full movie can be viewed on YouTube in 11 parts. 
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

A lot of movies now available online. "Golden Compass" is a good one, I like it too.

"Silence Is Golden"
http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi755368985/
It's a short, only 3.25 min.

Now go out, or hug your man/woman, pet a dog or something!

Do no harm

Sven2

Obvious follow-up, "Silence Of The Lambs".
Do no harm

laurel

Lions for Lambs.. 2007... Tom Cruise

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

laurel

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

OceanFlower

The Assassination of Richard Nixon
OceanFlower

SaveJFC Admin

Assassination of a High School President (2008)

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

"All the President's Men". Classic, and Redford and Hoffman are still young....

Is real investigative journalism dead?

Do no harm

OceanFlower

All the King's Men...

in answer to your question svennie: it was Eisenhower of all people who warned against the power structure of the "military-industrial complex" some one suggested in the 90s i think that the media should be added to that equation as well... unless its completel dumbed down to the lowest common denominator i don't think most people in the USA care... i saw a rather whimsical video where this Aussie news guy went around the US introducing himself as the the PM of Australia... nobody knew that the PM is a woman after all....

no one in the United States of America could name a country that started with the letter "U"...  (think about it!)

one guy named the Axis of Evil as Mississippi and New Jersey something like that...

nobody knew what religion was worshipped in Israel or where the West Bank is... one guy said New York... yeah that was the West Bank Story...

one guy could not answer this question: who did America fight in the Viet Nam war?

he also had a map that showed Australia as North Korea and most Americans pointed to it and said, Yep drop an A bomb on that one.... OY!!

as a joke I asked some of the my co-workers these questions and with very few exceptions nobody could answer correctly... all but one got the "U" question right... however a few did answer Uganda, Urugway (sp) Ubekisthan (sp) so i'll give E of effort on that but only one guy was able to answer the United State of America... oh btw a few folks got mad at me for asking these questions!!   :P
OceanFlower

skordamou

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

OceanFlower

oh man one of my favorite movies.... Kate is sooooooo freaking hot!! I didn't understand why everyone was so worked up about The Reader... Kate did it all this one!! LOL!

ah what the hell,

Children of the Corn

a really horrible film actually!
OceanFlower

Sven2

Flower, "For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow".

No limit to ignorance it seems. There is a good Green Day song on the subject, cruel though...
Green Day - American Idiot-Official Music Video

"Little Children" is a wonderful film,  I remember it very well. The screenplay is tight and very good.
"All the Invisible Children", seven shorts about children from different countries. Not very entertaining, some tragic stories.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

The Invisible (2007)

THE INVISIBLE trailer

And the whole movie starting with part 1:

The invisible MOVIE 2007 part 1
Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk