News:

Welcome to the JohnFromCincinnati.net & johnfromcincinnati.net forum.  An extraordinary show brought us together... Extraordinary people keep us coming back.

Main Menu

Technical Forum & Website Discussion Thread

Started by Sven2, June 09, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

I'm glad to still be able to do it.  I really love JOHN and the spirit it promoted.  This is but a small thing I can do to keep it going...  Like I said from the beginning...  I'm in it for the long haul  ;D
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Huh? C'mon, Watcher, dark times in the middle of summer, just days after the solstice?

Although, yes, Trishah's efforts are commendable! No opinion on what should be disconnected or redirected, it's too confusing anyways, so it's your decision, Trish.

Been remiss, sorry, busy doing nothing. Reporting back for duty.
Hope everyone is swell, nice to see someone here - once in a long while.

Do no harm

Sven2

Trishah, I couldn't  post a YouTube video the usual way, is that my computer, or the site, or something else? Couldn't see any posted vids on this thread either, just blank squares. 
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Quote from: Sven2 on June 29, 2012, 02:01:06 AM
Trishah, I couldn't  post a YouTube video the usual way, is that my computer, or the site, or something else? Couldn't see any posted vids on this thread either, just blank squares.  

Hey Sven, glad to see you are still around :D

I just checked the music thread and I can see all the videos and they play just fine for me.  I'm going to post a vid link in this post and see what happens when I submit it...

Olbermann Interviews Dorli Rainey 84 Year Old Pepper Sprayed By Seattle Cops

Update:  The script changed the link properly and the video is viewable for me.  Maybe you need to clear your cache and make sure your flash is updated?  Anyone else having a problem with vids?
Work here, Cass.

wavewatcher

Svennn! I knew someone must still be around!
Whenever I have posted a youtube video here, I need to preview it and then post it before it takes hold.

Sven2

Thanks, both of ya! The updated flash did it.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trishah, there is a problem with posting a photo here - Tali tried and I did and nothing came out.  If you know how to do that, would you please, explain? Mind you, I could post pics from the web, from Twitter, etc, but not from my own files.

Need help!
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Quote from: Sven2 on July 03, 2012, 06:04:42 PM
Trishah, there is a problem with posting a photo here - Tali tried and I did and nothing came out.  If you know how to do that, would you please, explain? Mind you, I could post pics from the web, from Twitter, etc, but not from my own files.

I'm not sure how you did it before, but this is the way I know how will work...

• Go to the "Media Gallery"
  • If your image fits a category go into that category.  If not, then use the category called "Our Group Pics"
  • Upload your image from your computer into that category.
  • When done, go back into the category and click on your new image.
  • At the bottom of the image there will be 3 types of codes you can use.  The top one is the BB code you can cut and paste into your post.

It's a little round about but I can not find another way to post images straight from your computer into a post.

Trishah
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Will try, thanks, Trishah.

Good way to get you on the BB - asking you a technical question, right? ;)
Do no harm

wavewatcher

Hey Trishah..could you please approve my picture of Venus in the Media Gallery so that I can add it to my post in a "Bit of Everything"..Thanks!

SaveJFC Admin

Quote from: wavewatcher on July 06, 2012, 10:13:16 AM
Hey Trishah..could you please approve my picture of Venus in the Media Gallery so that I can add it to my post in a "Bit of Everything"..Thanks!

It has been approved :)

Also, I've changed the setting so I think the images will be automatically approved from now on.  We'll see if I got the setting correct and just hope this doesn't lead to abuse by bots or not.  Hopefully not... keep your fingers crossed  ;D
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Quote from: Sven2 on July 06, 2012, 12:05:56 AM
Good way to get you on the BB - asking you a technical question, right? ;)

Well... one way at least  :D

I have a friend in the UK who sends me music videos every Friday... For years I've taken Friday nights off and do a "SciFi Pizza Friday".  I save up all my SciFi shows on DVR all week and watch them over pizza on Friday nights.  I've done some work for my UK friend and my payment are Friday Night Music Videos to view before I close down for the night.  So I think I may just pick one or two and post on our music thread... Hey... and today's Friday :D  Hummm... wonder what they will be this week...
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

OK, OK, duly noted, m'dear! :D :D :D

Until Friday then!
Do no harm

Sven2

Trishah,

I couldn't get to the site from Firefox, tried Chrome and it worked. Why is that happening? BTW, Chrome also doesn't work  fully - the images don't open.
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk