News:

Welcome to the JohnFromCincinnati.net & johnfromcincinnati.net forum.  An extraordinary show brought us together... Extraordinary people keep us coming back.

Main Menu

Further Days of JFC, His Visit, Episode 18

Started by Sven2, June 09, 2010, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

That is the last episode that was being written on HBO BB before we were thrown out. Re-posted here for everyone's convenience - in case someone wants to continue that episode or simply refresh in their mind where the characters were left.

The rest of the story is here:http://furtherdaysofjfc2.blogspot.com/

My apologies for the plain text, it will take some time to work on bolds and itallics.

Finished! (beautifying, that is, bolds, etc.)
Do no harm

Sven2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun breaks over the IB pier as Joe is fishing... He feels a bite, and we see him fight to reel the fish in. A sudden snap, and the fish is gone.

Joe: God damn it. Another one lost.

To his left, we see John, hands in pockets, collar raised.

John: They are not lost Joe, you are not lost.

Joe: (surprised) Jesus, frat boy, you're gone for six months and that's the best you can come up with?

John: That's the best I can come up with.

Joe: Well, if I've ever seen shit fucked up like this before, I don't remember when. Tell me you have a plan!

John: I have a plan.

Joe: Well a-fucking-men...

John: A fucking-men!

John looks up to the sky and as he does so Joe's fishing line tugs in his hands.

--backinthegame

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Butchie is sitting on the front step of Yost's house. Shaun comes out of the house skateboard in hand...and seeing Butchie, stops and sits beside him.

Neither one speaks for a while.

Shaun: Happy Birthday, Dad.

Butchie looks at him confused.

Butchie: What day is it?

Shaun: It's the 13th.

Butchie: You remembered my birthday? You know my birthday? Christ, I hardly know my own birthday. I don't even know y....

Butchie stops suddenly with a look of self disgust.

Shaun looks at the ground. Tipping his skateboard over he uses one end to draw a monad on the concrete walkway by his feet.

Shaun: I know, Dad.

Butchie (shaking off his self loathing): What a day, huh?

Shaun (looking up at Butchie with a smile): Helluva birthday present.

Butchie: You don't think....John....?

Shaun: I dunno.

There is a long moment of silence.

Butchie: Hey! Seeing how it's my birthday and all, how about we go for a hot dog?

Shaun: What about them?

Butchie and Shaun look up at the news vans and cars that have gathered on the street in front of the house. Mitch and Link are talking to a group of reporters.

Butchie: Yeah, you're right, we better go over the fence.

Butchie and Shaun disappear inside the house.

--Waxon

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Early morning at the Motel, Barry rises to a new day...

Barry:
What a beautiful morning, would you agree, Teddy? Today is the day we start anew here. The renovations to the rooms are nearly complete. I see a grand reopening ceremony. Must remember to ask Ramon about... that one room though (eyes gazing downward).

John appears outside Barry's window.

John: Barry the fairy still fears Mr. Rollins, Barry should not be afraid, Barry is stronger than that now.

Barry: You are correct in that assumption, my dear sir. I have risen above that tawdry incident. I am in control now, you speak the truth.

John: I speak the truth.

(a knock on Barry's door).

Ramon: Barry? Barry, it's Ramon, breakfast is almost ready, hot coffee, eggs, sausages, come and get it.

Barry: Ah, entrée vous, Ramon, I was thinking of you. How are the preparations going.... I had a dream last night..

Ramon: Did you dream of numbers, Barry, numbers? Wait, I'll get a pen... mi número, mi número...

(Barry glances back at his window, John is gone)

Barry: (to himself) My, Teddy, Ramon and his numbers, whatever does he think I can do.... Yes, today is a new day, my past is behind me.... We will start with a light breakfast, then on to one last inspection of the rooms. Of course, it might seem odd that there is no longer a room 24. It was a good thing to eliminate that number, just darn bad luck to keep it. Right, Teddy?

Barry and Teddy head off to breakfast.

--Myles17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Butchie stands at the edge of the ocean. Sand and pebbles wash over his bare feet as he gazes out into the surf. Five teenagers are paddling out on their surfboards to meet the formidable breakers some 100 yards out from the shore. One by one, they pop up onto their boards only to be tossed like rag dolls into the chaotic whitewater that crashes down onto the beach. The blond one grabs the biggest wave of all and rides it in like he was born on a surfboard. He cruises all the way into the beach and steps off the board right in front of Butchie. It is Shaun.

Shaun: Hey, dad...

Butchie: Hey handsome, nice ride.

Shaun: Yea, I guess.

Butchie and Shaun walk together down a quiet IB street. It is late afternoon.

Butchie: So, you cool with everything? Your gram and gramps seem at peace with the whole deal, how about you?

Shaun: I'm cool, gramps says things are gonna be different this time. I heard them talking the other night...he says he isn't gonna make the same mistakes he made with you. He's talking about a trust fund or something.... and having him and grams go out on the road with me.

Butchie:
Yea, well, he's a wise old soul and grams would probably torture and kill anyone who would mess with you. You can trust their judgment, let them handle the little fucking details and you just concentrate on the surfing.

Shaun:
I know, Dad.

They arrive at the Yost's house. The street is empty. The din of unwanted publicity has finally died down.

Butchie:
Listen, man, I'm heading home. Grams is pissed at me again so I'm gonna give her a few days to cool down. I'll catch up with you tomorrow, stop by?

Shaun (smiling): I'll be there.

Shaun heads inside. No one is home. He makes himself a sandwich and goes to the back, where he sits in a lawn chair. He pulls a joint out of his shirt pocket and lights it. After a couple of hits he starts to eat the sandwich.
Twenty feet above him a baby bird tries to walk around its mother's nest. The baby wobbles around, walks to the edge and plummets head first into the rocks below, not far from Shaun's feet. It is dead. Shaun looks sadly at the little ball of feathers. He gets up and walks inside. Cicada music fills the air as the back door swings open and Shaun re-emerges with a shoe box and shovel in hand.
He walks over to the lifeless lump, gently picks up the carcass and places it in the box, then walks over to the far side of the yard and begins to dig a hole.
Shaun stops digging and looks at the box. He can hear chirping and see that the top of the box is moving ever so slightly.
He opens the shoe box and the baby bird flies out into the open air, landing on a tree branch at eye level with Shaun. The bird shakes its head several times, looks at Shaun and flies off into the night sky.

--Zippyfan
Do no harm

Sven2

A cloudy windy August day at Imperial Beach.
A young man sits alone, knees up to his chest, his long hair blowing in the breeze. He stares out at the pounding surf crashing on the beach. A lone figure silently approaches and stands behind him.

John: Michael , Michael Smith. Your new beginning is near. Young Dr.Smith raises his head slightly.

Michael: John, I thought I felt your presence here. Come, sit with me.

John sits, knees up to his chest, both men staring out at the horizon.

Michael: This extraordinary gift you have given me. I...... I am still trying to adjust.

John: My father has given you this gift. Michael will adjust.

Michael: But I am unsure, I have doubts.

John: Dr. Smith once had doubts. Dr. Smith knew what he wanted. Dr. Smith had a vision to make the world a better place. You are Dr Smith.

Michael:
(looking up) I was, now I have to start all over again, I must take a different path this time.

John: Start all over again Michael. Take a different path.

A few moments of silence fall between them as a brilliant ray of sun shines down from a break in the clouds.

Michael: (sighs) I've been given this opportunity to rewind 20 yrs and change the course of my destiny. Was my life meant to touch so many others?

John:
I don't know Butchie, instead.

Michael:(smiling) I've been accepted to UCSD, I start classes in September .

John:(smirking) Is UCSD in Cincinnati ?

Michael: (laughing, looking at John) I don't know Butchie, instead.

As the orange and red glow of the sun setting beneath the clouds on the horizon, the two wind swept figures sit together on the beach as seagulls circle about crying.

--Myles17

------------------------------------------------------------------

A big trailer is parked on the outskirts of Huntington. It's painted black, with the white Stinkweed logo and a Stickman emblem. Inside is a specialized bus/studio, with the full setup for a TV broadcast.

Link, with a bottle of beer in his hand, is in a swivel chair on wheels slowly moving along a line of TV monitors showing scenes of surfing.
Jake Ferris enters the bus.

Jake: You playing hard to get, amigo, checked out from the hotel.

Linc:
One of the pretenders.... (humming) My pretty countryside, la-la-la, like you give a flying fuck! Don't fucking bother to open your mouth, I know why you're here.

Jake: I.... am here as your friend.... I know you saw it coming. It's been finalized, Linc. With the downturn the board had to sell Stinkweed. The offer like that, it makes perfect business sense.

Linc: Yeah, like pissing against the wind. Those homegrown dickheads and their shitholders know exactly zilch about surfing or... curing malaria.... (lifting the empty bottle) Give them my fucking best!

Jake: Listen... that rainman.... there were expectations...

Linc: What, for a giant mothership landing, to kick the shit out of everyone, or for a fucking freak show they could sell? Which one you leeches had the money riding on? Get the fuck outta here, Jake, get back to your trough, or you'll be late. Don't forget to wash your hands, asswipe.

Jake: Fuck you too, Link, you're on your own!

Linc:
(watching Jake leave) So you say, left all and followed.... Ha, not for long, brother. (he grabs another bottle, opens it and takes a long pull, looking at the monitors) Surf's up, ladies and gentlemen.

Suddenly all the TV screens turn black, then the face of John appears on every one of them.

John: A leopard can't change his spots, Linc. My father is shy doing his business.

Linc: Halle... fucking... lujah! Didn't think I'd see you again.

John:
No place like home! (smiling) Don't do heavy lifting with light equipment.

Linc: I'll drink to that...
Joe Cocker Mad Dogs - Cry me a River 1970
Joe Cocker / Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Cry Me A River, 1970
or the alternate
Joe Cocker/Mad Dogs and Englishmen, The Letter, 1970

--svengali2

Blurry shapes appear to move through a dark haze becoming brighter and more distinct. Then the understanding that the movement is a bird sitting on a driftwood railing on the other side of Barry's patio beyond the glass doors. Cass stands silent looking back as she and the bird share a moment of clarity. The sun is much lower than last she noticed. How long had she been gone this time? A couple hours at least.

She turns her attention on the computer monitor on the desk in front of her then takes a seat and checks for new files. Apparently the movie is going well today. There was a 130mb upload to Dwayne that started not two minutes ago. That new website he started, thespiritofjohn.com, has really helped keep our little enterprise financially afloat. Not that John needs help doing that, or that Barry isn't willing. But this way the IRS won't have any reason to ask questions...

"Questions" she mutters to herself, more a statement then, well, a question. She has become so used to not questioning. So unlike her... the old her. The old her would want to know exactly when her workroom had become Barry's living room. Just sort of happened. And Barry... Why does she enjoy having Barry as a roommate so much? He's not the sort of person she would have befriended... well, she mentally took that thought back. He is loaded and she, the old her... well...

For a moment the differences between what she was and who she is felt like a gapping abyss. How. Why. So many questions... with unknowable answers. She's become oddly comfortable living in the ambiguity of it all. The answers are not unknowable, she reminds herself; just not knowable yet.

"The end is near."
"Yes. John. The end is near." She wasn't startled as she knew he was there, behind her, for his silhouette had appeared moments earlier reflecting off the monitor screen. She doesn't turn but instead opens the file that just stopped uploading and starts it from the beginning to see what Dwayne will be posting today. As the images stream by, Cass feels her mind open. A minute, two mintues go by and then a feeling breaks through... a feeling that seems to tell her some of the answers are close. But what answers and to what questions. Maybe answers to the questions these video segments keep bringing up. "Like what to call it," this film, this chronicle, this act of faith...when it's finally ready for the big screen.

"Questions.. more questions without answers."

And as quickly as that...a startling relief passes through her. John's reflection has vanished. She opens the title sequence in the video editor and types the nine letter title. Yes. The movie is going well today indeed.

--SaveJFC

Bill Jack's house. Bill slices an apple into pieces while listening to Zippy's rhythmic chirping.

Bill: What now, bird, you'd request a golden crown? Oh, lest everyone forget who fed your hungry mouth.... Jesus Christ, Zip, you screwing with me again? I'm a laughingstock for speaking like a snake handler! What's next, you want me to put on a tutu like that fucking weasel Hoover, that dishonorable thieving meister?

Zippy: Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!

Bill: Forget that, pal, sing or don't sing, he's not coming back..... How do I know! Must've been sent to recharge his fucking batteries.... if anyone in the fucking world is interested in the opinion of a retired cop.

Bill feeds Zippy few pieces of the apple, goes to the couch, and begins to read from a book he picks up from the table, first silently, then aloud.

Bill: We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep......(he listens to Zippy) No, I didn't say I hate Shakespeare, pal...... Zip, you know I was fucking distrustful of that prestidigitator. Couldn't believe it was my Lo talking through him. What I'd give to hear her voice again!

Zippy dances on his perch nodding in agreement.

--svengali2

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Little Feat - Willin' then Don't Bogart That Joint - 01.02.09
Night is spreading its wings above Imperial Beach. The camera, like the night itself, is seeing everything and everyone as it sweeps down the dimly lit city streets.

The front door of the Internet Café is closed; Jerry drags out the trash to the container in the back, wipes her hands on the apron and goes inside.
In a room at Snug Harbor Ramon reads a worn old volume in bed, closes it and shuts the light.
The room where Barry stays is empty; the beach in the picture on the wall seems deserted, as if the sea lion and the whale departed a long time ago to some other island paradise.
In the next room Palaka is learning to play saxophone, slowly tapping his fingers on the keys.

On the pier, where anglers are waiting patiently for their catch, Vietnam Joe finishes his joint, flicks the roach in the water and starts collecting his fishing gear.

Vietnam Joe: Told him I'm not gonna give up herb.... Maybe I should've.... Bad sign, been seein' ghosts when sun's up, first the frat boy..... who the hell it's gonna be tomorrow?.... Mag, you good sweet woman, was it somethin' I said? Tomorrow is a long time, brother....

Vietnam Joe slowly walks down the pier talking to himself, looking smaller with every step, finally disappearing in the darkness.

--Svengali2

---------------------------------------------------

Windows in Mitch's clubhouse are open to the night breeze. Cissy and Mitch are in bed. Bursts of laughter and sounds of music are heard from the Yosts house.

Mitch: Santa Anas are coming. It seems every year the fires start earlier and burn longer.

Cissy: Fuuuck! I knew it! Can you smell it ? Can you smell it, Mitch? I knew it, it's pot! You fuckin' allowed this whole farewell thing, they fuckin' smoke pot and there's this girl!

Mitch:
Come on, Cissy, he is 16, you can't pin him to your skirt. Besides he'll be touring with the big boys now. When I was his age..... (he moves close to Cissy and puts his hand on her belly) you and me, remember?

Cissy: (with a short laugh) Couldn't keep your dick out of me for an hour. All the places were we fucked... Remember that path, next to the chaparral.... What's there now, eh?

Mitch: Overgrown and gone, Cissy.

Cissy: Are we fucking old? When did that happen, Mitch?

(Mitch doesn't answer. They lay silent, embracing each other).

Cissy sits up in bed and lifting her arms starts tying her long hair in a knot.

Mitch: You are..... so....

Cissy: What, as big as some old fucking hag like Leona Helmsley? Am I too fat for you now?

Mitch: Cassiopeia! That hair....

Cissy: That skinny little blond still gives you an itch? Such an unforgettable pussy she had, eh?

Mitch: Good God, Cissy, for once, would you not swear like a drunken sailor! Cassiopeia is a constellation named after a beautiful Greek queen, she had long golden hair.

Cissy straddles Mitch in one fluid movement.

Cissy: You're a fucking romantic, Mitch. A constellation! (She bends down, kissing him) Ride your magic carpet with me!

Mitch:(readily) Would be.... happy..... to oblige, but I.... think I've grown..... roots, Cissy. (They are not moving for a moment) How long couldn't I levitate for? Since that jokester in the deck disappeared.

Cissy:
Do you think we'll see him again?

Mitch: Nah, probably not in our lifetime.

Cissy: Whatever.... fuck me.... or make love to me, your choice.

The breeze and the moonlight, love and sorrow blend into a tune heard from a distance.
Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights

In deep darkness we hear John's voice.

John: I listen! .... Cepheus lies next to Cassiopeia in the sky, the only husband-and-wife couple among the constellations.... Meet the fucking Jetsons!

--svengali2
Do no harm

Sven2

Shaun stands at the toilet relieving himself, he closes his eyes and tilts his head back.

Shaun: Man, I'm fucked up, what's going on? (to himself he thinks "John, what's going on"?)

John: (standing behind him) Got to put mustard on your hot dog Shaunie!

Shaun spins around startled, quickly zipping up his shorts but having difficulty.

Shaun: John! Dude you sacred the shit...

John: Scared the piss out of Shaun Yost.

Shaun: Yeah dude, you scared the fucking piss out of me! (Shaun weaves a bit and leans over looking into John's face and smiles a wide drunk grin) Dude, watch this! (Shaun steps back and losing his balance several times he traces a pattern on the floor with his foot, then he spins around and throws his arm out almost falling as he starts laughing) Line forms to the left! (Shaun reaches in his pocket and with some effort pulls out a condom and holds it up to John, Shaun grins widely)

John: Got rolled and the stupid beaners forgot to check his pockets.

Shaun: (laughing at what John said), Fucking right man, I rolled a fatty (slurring and hanging on to John's shirt front) Dude, I'm so glad you're here! I'm having a kick ass party, man, everybody's here...come on, come on, I got to introduce you to my girlfriend!  (Shaun fumbles with the door and eventually opens it. He pulls John out and into his room which is filled with people loudly talking and moving in a chaotic rhythm to the music blaring from the speakers in the corner. Oblivious to the fact that no one ispaying any attention) Hey everybody, this is John, he's my friend... from Cincinnati! (only Adam hears Shaun and gets up off Shaun's bed and stands in front of John)

John: (looks down in Adams face) The lighthouse is gone.

Shaun: Oh man, my Grams, Grams... and Gramps they've been takling about you.. But don't tell them anything...not tonight...

John: Not in their lifetime Shaunie.

Shaun:
Ohh oh but my dad... my dad.... is wondering where you been too... (Shaun steps away from John and smiling heads over to a girl standing in the corner who is smiling at him and holding up a joint for him)

Adam: (watching Shaun and smiling) Butchie gone wild.

John: Butchie Yost?

(In the clubhouse Cissy and Mitch stand at the window looking toward the sunset)

Cissy: (Drawing in a deep breath) It actually smells pretty good!

Mitch: I must really have a brain tumor, I could have sworn there was a naval radio complex on that bluff over there.

Cissy: Maybe I should go down and bum a joint, shit, he probably doesn't even know how to roll one.

Mitch: That's right Cissy, maybe you should crash Shunie's party and show him how to do it.
Cissy: (looks at Mitch dismissively) I think I forgot to put out mustard for the hot dogs. (Cissy walks out and stands briefly at the top of the stairs).

(Back in Shaun's room Shaun walks over to John with his arm draped around a girl)

John: Cissy's gonna show you how to do that.

--SpiritontheWater

----------------------------------------------------------------

Butchie is sitting in his van looking out at the remaining pink clouds following the sunset, suddenly John is kneeling behind him in the space just between the seats, he is holding out a hot dog for Butchie.

Butchie: (surprised) Jesus John! Where the fuck did you come from!

John: I brought you a hot dog, Butchie.

Butchie: I see that buddy (Butchie takes the hot dog) Thanks... but where you been, pal? I was beginning to think you bit the dust at the contest.

John: Some things I know Butchie, (he points up in the air)

Butchie: Is that right? What do you know John?

John: Everybody died, Butchie.

Butchie: What's that buddy?

John: Everybody dies Butchie.

Butchie turns in his seat and looks at John.

Butchie: Everybody dies... or died , John?

John: Everybody died.

Butchie takes the hot dog and looks at it.

Butchie:
Is that right? (he peels the bun away from the hot dog and examines it more closely) Damn, John don't you know a dog's gotta have mustard on it?

John: Some things I know Butchie.

Butchie: Yeah? Well you don't know hot dogs for shit, what else do you know buddy?

John: Kai did not die, Butchie, Shaun was by her side.

Butchie:
(drops the hot dog on his lap) What the fuck are you talking about John, did something happen, do I need to be going to Hawaii?

John: (reaches in his pocket, pulls out a packet of mustard and hands it to Butchie) Work here, Butchie. Kai showed you how to do that.

--SpiritontheWater

Dwayne stands up and repositions the camera facing the shoreline, and then he holds up a photo. The land is now vacant, the land that the picture proves beyond doubt that the structure was there no less than six months ago. He reads the photographers inscription beneath the photo "Elephant Cage - May '09"

Dwayne:
This is big! (he flips the page before his eyes and in front of the computer screen broadcasting the bare strip of headlands, then he sticks it out in front of the camera to record it) Now you see it now you don't! This is huge! (he locks the box down over the camera and computer and heads back down the pier toward IB).

--SpiritontheWater

-------------------------------------------------------

Cass pulls the Porsche over to the curb at the entrance to the pier and holds her camera up to focus its lens down the length of the walkway leading out beyond the sand. There are only a few people walking there now and she immediately recognizes Dwayne as he sees her and walks quickly toward her.

Cass: Well, there's Dwayne, that's somebody at least.

Dwayne: (waving at Cass like he's hailing a taxi) Excuse me miss... (he hurries awkwardly to the car)

Cass: It's Cass, we met at the motel.

Dwayne: Yes, Cass, I'm sorry... Hello, may I impose on you to give me a ride to the Café, (he opens the door to get in) Something extraordinary has happened...

Cass: (Grabs her camera off the seat before he nearly sits on it) Sure, why not, you're the only familiar face I've been able to find today, I could use the company. (She looks past him and stares down the pier again)

Dwayne: Are you looking for someone in particular?

Cass:
Yes actually, I was looking for John, or Butchie, they seem to have just disappeared.

Dwayne: That's not all that's disappeared.

Cass:
What do you mean?

Dwayne:
You remember a navy radio station that was out on the headlands just up the coast there? (he motions over his shoulder with his thumb)

Cass: Uh yeah, I think so, the thing with the fence around it?

Dwayne: Yeah, then you've seen it, well, it's not there anymore, it's just gone, vanished!

Cass: (stares ahead blankly) You're kidding, I think I have some footage of that place.

Dwayne:
I'd like to review that if I could.

Cass:
And get this, there's another place I took some footage of, the old lifeguard tower down by the fire pits... it was a Historic Landmark, and I drove down there this afternoon and it wasn't there anymore. I filmed there the day before the contest, and it was definitely there then (She looks at Dwayne and he looks at her, then Cass starts the Porsche and they pull away from the curb)

--SpiritontheWater

---------------------------------------------------------------

Barry walks across the courtyard of the Snug Harbor heading toward the office but stops suddenly, he looks up at the evening sky and takes in a deep breath; he is clutching Teddy in his arms.

Barry: For every end there is a new beginning, twilight sounds approaching dawn. (he holds out Teddy and looks at him) Did you know that Teddy?

Barry looks at the ground where he is standing and then turns around in place and looks back and forth from one structure to the other and then back straight down the driveway as if to assess his exact location . He stops and stares out toward the street as a car drives by.

Barry: (quickly lifts a hand to touch his temple) Have I not seen my own end Teddy, has twilight come and dawn passed unnoticed for me? (he looks from side to side again) In this very spot I remember a brightness, laughter and song, all quieted now. (he looks around again, his eyes falling on a spot where there is a large pile of dirt surrounded by the broken asphalt) It's darker now. ( he looks up at the second story balcony and notices the lights next to the doors glowing amber) Softer. Good choice Teddy, those fixtures.

With a loud scraping and squeaking noise the door to the lounge suddenly opens and a patch of light cuts through a shadowed path from the door to Barry's feet. Ramon is standing in the doorway.

Ramon: My cousin's gonna fix this door tomorrow, hinges are gone, metal on metal where the weatherstripping used to be.

Barry:
Ramon!

Ramon:
(smiles at Barry and motions for him to come inside) I got a little surprise for you!

Barry:
I am surprised Ramon, by each new moment it seems! (he walks over toward the steps leading up into the lounge and the two of them step inside, Ramon closes the squeaking door behind them cutting off the illuminated path, leaving the place where Barry was standing in the darker light)

--SpiritontheWater

Do no harm

Sven2

Barry steps inside the Lounge and immediately sees the linen covered , candle lit tables on which Ramon has spread out an assortment of dishes. He next notices the newly remodeled bar, complete with a very large mirror behind it which is etched with the image of a large blue whale spanning it's full length.

Barry: Ramon! You have been working here! And you have preserved the memory of my dear friend!

Ramon: (he smiles at looks proudly at the deeply etched mirror) Cincinnatus.

Barry: But how did you...?

Ramon: I'm not really sure about that...

Barry: (lifting his hands and tracing the arc over the mirror) And the blue lights are exquisite! (he looks at Ramon and shakes his head in amazement, several cobalt blue pendant lights hang arched above the etched mirror to illuminate the back bar shelves which are full of colorful and neatly arranged bottles) A masterpiece!

Ramon: I was hoping you'd like it. My cousin's sister, she done that acid etching, she does lots of stuff like that. And your lights, they worked out good, huh?

Barry: Wonderful, Ramon! I am speechless (he looks down toward the white linen tables and walks over touching a small flower filled vase) to the last touch.

Ramon: Not just me working everything around here. (Ramon points up to the beam over the bar and Barry looks up to see it is fully covered with stickmen, fully stretching from one end to another and then he turns to see the same images continuing all around the walls of the restaurant, the line running continuously from corner to corner to corner and back again, seemingly endless. Finally his eyes come to rest on the far wall behind the large stage where the stickmen multiply into rows and rows covering the wall entirely.)

Ramon: Some things have gone a little crazy around here.

Barry stares at the stickmen covering the wall, then he looks up over his head and sees that he is standing directly under one of the stage lights, he is illuminated in its blue beam.

--SpiritontheWater

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Butchie pulls the van in the parking lot at the Snug harbor and backs into the spot directly in front of the door to his room. He flips open his cell phone and dials, then puts it to his ear.

Butchie: Damn... yeah Kai, it's Butchie again, message one fucking thousand, I got some weird shit from John just now and I really need to hear something from you like real fucking soon... ok, well call me when you get this. (he hits the end button) Fuck!, miss you, love you...miss you. (he rubs his hands over his face and through his hair then shakes his head as if trying to wake himself up, he takes a deep breath and then relaxes in his seat and looks out around the courtyard and motel. He notices the lights next to the room doors on the second balcony and several windows that are lit as well.)

Butchie: Looks like you're back in business, Barry. (suddenly he sees a row of adjacent doors opening at once and in unison several people step out and close the doors behind them) What the fuck is this now? (He watches as all the people turn and walk in line toward the stairs and descend. He watches as the group, evenly spaced, walks slowly, with an almost precisioned unity, over to the door of the lounge and the lead person opens the door. Butchie can hear the loud scraping sound as the door opens) That's some weird shit," table for eight fucking robot tourists", "we're from Cincinnati!" Oh yeah? No shit, could have fooled me! (he gets out of the van, goes around and opens up the back, next to two surfboards there are two large boxes with his name marked on the side, he pulls one out and carries it over to the door, he opens the door and drops it on the floor just inside then goes back to get the second one.)

Butchie: (he closes the back of the van and holding the other box looks over toward the Lounge as the last person enters, he looks back up at the row of rooms with lit windows and notices one room in the middle is dark, four lit on one side and four lit on the other) Friends of yours, John?

--SpiritontheWater

As the screeching door is closed behind them the eight guests move into the room and begin looking around. Barry and Ramon are both frozen in time and though unable to see the guests, in their their mind they hear everything that is said as in a dream which passes in mere seconds.

A tall thin man walks over to the bar and looking up at the row of stickmen reaches out and touches one, the figure glows white at his touch.

Guest One: Walter Waxman at your service!

The teenage boy among them walks over to where Barry is standing and examines his frozen form, he puts his hand out in front of Barry to see the blue light cast on his palm. He turns and watches as two others each take chairs and carry them over to a place a few feet apart from each other on the side wall to the right of the bar, each one climbs up on the chair and reaches up to touch stickmen along at the ceiling's edge.

Guest Two: Skippy Fandango!

Guest Three: Sherri Kay.

Both stickmen begin to glow, one yellow, one green. The figures remain lit as the two climb down and put the chairs back in place at the table by which Ramon stands frozen, lifting the lid on a tray of enchiladas, the steam now suspended cloud-like above them.

Sherri: (sniffing the air, she looks into Ramon's smiling face) All the numbers we have could never amount to the value of this work, there is nothing better than a well made taco and cheese enchilada combination.

A man with brown hair and a medium length beard wearing a worn leather vest walks over to the pool table and grabs a cue stick, he turns and places its tip on a stickman that glows a deep purple.

Guest Four: Harley Miles.

Jumping up the step on the opposite end of the pool table, another man, slender in build and dressed in black head to toe, his hair black and slicked back, snatches up the cue sitting on the table and wielding it like a sword touches the tip in a thrusting motion to dead center of the circle on his stickman. With a flash it lights blue.

Guest Five: Seth Blackinsgame, (he turns to the table and grabs the rack)

Seth: Nine ball, Harley? (Harley turns toward the table and pulls a couple of balls out of the pockets rolling them toward Seth)

Harley: My break, call your pockets.

Stepping on stage a man in a scarf and hat stands upright and salutes Barry. The teenage boy rolls his eyes at the sight. The man turns with exaggeration and still saluting marches to the back wall, then with the toe of his shoe taps his place on the wall, turns around again and drops his salute. The light glows pink, the boy snickers.

Guest six: Kaplan Pierce, awaiting orders!

A loud crack is heard as Harley breaks and the balls scatter about the table. The boy walks around Barry and then over to Ramon, he dips his finger in the enchilada sauce, quickly pulls it out and sticks it in his mouth. A woman sitting at the bar between Sherri and Skippy Fandango slides off the barstool and with everyone turning to watch her, glides over to the jukebox, she looks at the selections for a moment and then reaches up and touches a stickman directly above the machine. She leaves her finger in place as the red glow seems to glow ever brighter, then gently lifts her finger above a place that could be the heart and turns back to the room leaning back against the colorfully lit jukebox.

Guest Seven: Anastasia... Strawberry Stevens. (she tosses her long auburn hair and lets it fall across her shoulder, the boy pulls his finger out of his mouth and looks up an down her red dress, his comment is unintelligible except for the word Strawberry).

With an exaggerated shake of his head ( as if to clear his head of the thoughts he's having) the boy turns and outstretches his arm pointing directly at the mirror behind the bar, the mirror is now outlined in neon and in the center of the now trimmed in blue undulating whale is a tiny white stickman oscillating back and forth. He turns his hand with palm out as in introduction.

Guest Eight, Jonah Walker, everyone! (the others immediately begin to chide him, and with a second flip of his wrist the neon goes out). Aw fer chrissake, give a lad a break, takin' yourselves much too seriously you all are, I was just havin' a bit of fun and if he'd been here like he was supposed to be, then we'd be all a bit more lively now, wouldn't we?! (he jumps up quickly and knocks his knuckle twice on a stickman above the bar and it glows in amber) Paddy Mclure then, if you must have the truth! Now let's get on with it. Barkeep! I'll have a pint thank you please!

Walter: A bottle of Pacifico for me if you got it!

--SpiritontheWater

----------------------------------------------------------

Butchie sits on a new sofa and tries to get comfortable, unable, he grabs a couple of the pillows and throws them on the floor, he reaches over and grabs one of the boxes and slides it over toward him next to the coffee table. He pulls it open and takes out the thing on top, a thick wad of colorful cloth, when he unfolds it, we see it is so large that he has to stand up to open it fully. It's a banner with the face of Bob Marley overlaid with a large bright green marijuana leaf. Butchie looks back at the box and reaches in and pulls out a large multicolored glass bong.

Butchie: Well, thank you once again, my little chicken of the sea! But I hope you got some dope in that box 'cause I got a prescription for a little medical relief! (He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a small square piece of paper and tosses it down on the coffee table. He lays the Bob Marley banner over the arm of the sofa and begins to rummage through the box, he doesn't find any weed) Damn!

Butchie takes the bong and carries it into the kitchen, he opens a cabinet and places it up on the top shelf. He walks back over to the sofa to pick up the Bob Marley Banner and his attention is taken as he notices the lighted window of the lounge. He sees the light from within flickering and hears the muffled music.

Butchie: Disco down, Barry. (he walks back into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator) That's what I'm talking about, Ramon, uno Cerveza por favor! (He slides open a drawer and pulls out a bottle opener and then cracks the cap on the beer letting it fall rattling across the counter. Taking a drink he then turns and hits the play button on a small stereo system on top of a low bookcase, where a couple of books lay tossed on the center shelf, Kem Nunn's Tapping the Source, and Tom Robbins' Another Roadside Attraction. He takes a swig of beer and begins to move to the music just as his cell phone rings, but the music is too loud for him to hear it)

Bob Marley - is this love

--SpiritontheWater
Do no harm

Sven2

The sound of a helicopter is heard and all the guests look up toward the ceiling, Bill Jacks is behind the bar, Shaun and Vietnam Joe sit side by side looking at eachother. Paddy steps in between them reaching to take the beer Bill has drawn for him.

Paddy: Pardon me mates, part the seas, I got a thirst that needs a song you probably never heard of (Paddy turns and walks back over to the juke box and pushes a button)

Rod Stewart - Rhythm of my Heart

Shaun and Joe look over their shoulders watching him as he does so. The other guests all watch as Paddy takes a long swig of beer and closing his eyes begins a private dance in front of the jukebox as the music fills the room

as the lyrics start we see a montage of images around IB, a street view of the Snug Harbor Motel, outside the Cafe looking in, Meyer Dicksteins car pulling up at the head of the pier, the helicopter hovering over the beach, a large bonfire on the beach, then down the avenue to the front of the Yost house, toward the clubhouse and out Mitches window over and above the clubhouse to rise above the yard and Shauns friends out around the half pipe, Adam standing in the middle of it looking up toward the sky, then rising up high above IB looking down at the city lights

As the line "... Rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum" - Cut to Hawaii - Kai stands on the front porch of a beach bungalo, it is trimmed with perpetual Christmas lights, the place inside is crowded with surfers partying. She flips closed her cell phone and looks out to the horizon as the sun dips below it.

At the line"I got lightening in my veins" cut back to the Lounge- In the corner of the room Strawberry Stevens pulls the handle on the antique slot machine there. and Paddy watches her as she does so.

Cut back to Hawaii at next chorus- Kai looks toward a small bonfire out on the beach when she hears laughter, a boy is wrestling a girl to the sand. A young surfer girl comes out and steps next to Kai putting her arm around her shoulder, they watch the two frolicking around the fire together.

At final two chorus' cut to outside Butchie's room looking in through the window - he is taking items out of the box and setting them on the coffee table, he looks out the window again and then draws the curtains closed. A moment later, next to his door, the amber fixture alights.

--SpiritontheWater

A loud banging on his door startles Butchie, he turns down the music and steps quickly and quietly over to the door and peers through the peephole seeing Freddy and Palaka. He opens the door and begins to speak but is cut off.

Freddy: What the hell are you doin'? Where the hell have you been?

Palaka: (over Freddy's shoulder) He's been lookin' for you!

Freddy:
(turns and gives Palaka an icy stare) Any one who's made it past the sixth grade could tell from my question that I'd been lookin' for them, it's called inferring.

Palaka:
(backs off a bit) Infer, confer, juniper, I know...

Freddy: (points across the parking lot) You stay out here, go talk to that horse over there (Palaka turns and sees a carousel horse over near Ramon's garden, Freddy steps inside as Butchie stands aside closing the door behind them)

Butchie: Was wondering the same thing about the two of you, thought maybe you caught a flight outta here. (Butchie walks over to the refrigerator and pulls out a couple beers, as he does so Freddy looks down and sees the prescription slip on the coffee table and after reading it rolls his eyes and puts it in his pocket while Butchie is looking the other way. Butchie walks over and holds out a beer for Freddy, Freddy just looks at it but does not take it. Butchie sets it down on the coffee table)

Freddy: Where I been is why I been looking for you. I want to have a talk with that whack job friend of yours.

Butchie: John?

Freddy: No, your mother (he shakes his head) I'm talkin to another donkey! (Butchie looks embarrassed, but gets the sarcasm)

Butchie: Ok, Ok, don't get your blood pressure whistling, I've seen him, he just gave me a hot dog (Freddy looks incredulous), but he appears and disappears Freddy, I got no line on him anymore. Think he's moving on or up or whichever way the fuck he goes.

Outside in the parking lot Palaka stands next to the carousel horse with one hand on it's carved mane

Palaka: The boss is been seeing things that aren't there, well, not seeing things that were there, ah, I don't know, the kid's friend is who he's lookin' for. Maybe the doc is who he needs to see. He fixed up my hand pretty good I guess (he looks at his hand and flexes his fingers, then runs his hand down the mane again and down the back patting it on the hind quarters) What are you then, spruce?

--SpiritontheWater

Noah sits down next to the small fire just back from the cliff edge on Walkara's bluff, he braces against the cold offshore breeze that bends the flames backwards. He rearranges several candles along side the blanket wrapped body of Moana to keep them from blowing out. The fire light illuminates Moana's frozen face. Noah reaches over and picks up his guitar, With tears in his eyes and his voice breaking he shouts a few words over the edge, down toward the highway as a couple of speeding cars pass below, then he leans back and begins to play, and sing

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Redemption Song

Behind them, looking on from a distance in the dark, there are several horses standing and watching, the fire light flickers in their eyes as they bob their heads up and down and nervously rut the soft ground with their hooves.

--SpiritontheWater

-----------------------------------------------------------

Moana: (opens his eyes and turns his head toward Noah) Whatcha cryin' for Bruddah, If you don't put some more wood on da fire I'm gonna freeze to death up here. You all got some cold ass offshore's around here. Brudduh need to bring the fire inside.

Noah: (looks down at Moana trying to tighten up his blanket and move closer to the fire. He see's him knock over one of the candles and grabs it to set it up again before it goes out) Did ya not hear te song man?

Moana: I heard the song, I heard the man himself sing it in the islands before he died. It brought a tear to my eye then but not anymore, The whole world can sing a song of freedom and as long as there a man in charge it'll just be a song. We're only free from this world when we die. (he reaches over Noah and grabs a few small pieces of wood from a small pile and throws them on the fire) Damn man, is this gonna take much longer... freezing my coconuts.

Naoh: Nah we done now me brudduh; bringin' da warm back to da frozen soul (Noah reaches over and grabs the rest of the scraps of wood and tosses them all on the fire, a column of sparks rises up above them, they both look up to watch it)

--SpiritontheWater

Bill Jacks:
(standing behind the bar with a vacant look on his face) so, what can I get you boys, a shot of self loathing? (he pours a different shot for Shaun and Joe)

Joe: I've had more of it then I care to remember (he tosses back the shot and slams the glass back on the bar)

Shaun: (lifts his shot glass up and looks at it's pale greenish amber color through the lights) What is this?

Bill:
You'll know it in the morning, Shaun.

Shaun drinks the drink and sets the glass down on the bar. He makes a face and shakes his head with a shiver of disgust.

--SpiritontheWater

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rod Stewart & Amy Belle- I Dont Want To Talk About It
[thanks svengali]

One by one each of the eight guests take turns walking up to Barry and Ramon, each one whispering something to them the others cannot hear. As each of them speak to Ramon, they also take a plate and fill it with the food he has prepared and cover each plate with a bowl.

Anastasia walks over to Barry and after looking at him a moment, compassionately wraps her arms around his neck. She gently holds him for a moment more and before separating from him, plants a kiss on his cheek, her lipstick leaves the image of a perfect pair of lips

Montage of Anastasia holding Barry, Cissy hesitating at the bottom of the steps to the clubhouse, Shaun holding his girlfriend. Meyer at the pier, Dwayne talking to Jerry, and Kia and Butchie standing alone , Tina walking down a dark street. Adam across that street watching her.

Paddy: (seeing the kiss, walks over to Ramon's table and taking a cut strawberry rubs it to his lips and then plants a kiss on Ramon's cheek, he looks at the stain with satisfaction) Hardly fair to leave this poor man out now don't you think Strawberry?

As if on cue the guests file out through the front door, they walk off together carrying their plates of food down the driveway of the Snug Harbor across the street and into the dark.

Final verses of song in the background fade...

As the front door softly closes behind the guests, Barry and Ramon continue as if no time has passed. They look at each other though, at the same time, Barry quickly wipes unexplained tears from his eyes. Ramon immediately notices that the tray of food he was just showing to Barry is now empty of its contents

Ramon: (still holding the lid to the tray) How'd that happen?

Barry: (walks over and looks down into the tray seeing only the scraped out remnants) Somebody's been eating my porridge said the Mama bear. (he notices the stain on Ramon's cheek) And it looks like Goldilocks has given papa bear a kiss!

Ramon: (seeing the kiss on Barry's cheek, he points to it) Looks like Goldilock's been getting around.

Barry: (looking around the room) Strange things do seem to be happening here Ramon, (he laughs) is that an understatement? (he nods over toward the bar and sees two shot glasses and a bottle of Johnnie Walker sitting on the bar. He then notices that there is a neon outline over the mirror, it is lit and the whale is undulating and the tiny stickman is oscillating back and forth in the center) And Jonah is in the belly of the whale!.

Ramon: (looks surprised) I got a cousin who does Neon, but he didn't do that!

--SpiritontheWater

Do no harm

Sven2

Cat Stevens - Sad Lisa Lyrics

Linc sits in his vehicle watching, he stares at the flashing street light and then continues watching Tina, he checks his side view mirror. Tina stops under a street light on the corner of the highway leading out of town, a neon sign in the window of the laundromat illuminates her in flashes of red, it reads "always open" but the laundromat is closed. Linc rolls his window down a bit.

Adam watches out of sight, tucked in an alcove between two buildings, he looks back and forth between Tina and Linc. Niether of them has noticed him

Tina: (looks back and forth down the highway in each direction, a car coming into town slows down suddenly as it reaches the corner where she is standing, she watches it for a moment and then looks away, the car speeds up again and continues on) Gimme a break.

Linc: Jesus Christ.

Tina looks back toward Linc and smiles weakly though she is too far away for him to really see it. He watches her as she stands on the edge of the curb and then turning to walk back up to the store front pausing to look in the windows. She turns again and walks to the curb, she stands again looking up the diminishing highway.

Headlights catch his attention in the mirror and he watches to see an approaching limousine. He tries to see inside when it passes but the windows are dark.

Linc: (sits up in his seat) Here we go, heads up honey.

Tina notices it too and paces impatiently as the limousine glides up slowly and stops at the curb. A rear side window rolls down and a bald man's face is seen.

Tina: (pulls an envelope out from her leather jacket and hands it to the man, as she does so another window rolls down and a woman with long blond hair looks out at her and smiles, Tina shakes her head) Oh yeah, fucking Christ, you're just made for each other, honey, it makes me sad that you are too stupid to run. (Tina turns her attention back to the man who is looking in the envelope) You ever come near me your pathetic life is on the DA's desk. (Tina turns and walks away as the dark glass closes and the limousine pulls away. She walks quickly back across the road to where Linc is waiting.

The man in the limousine looks out the back window and sees her get in. He also sees Adam duck around a corner and disappear.

Linc: (rolls his window back up) Everything Ok?

Tina: We'll see. (she looks at him and reaches over and takes his hand) Thank you.

Linc: Anything you need is yours.

Adam: (stops and leans his head back against the wall, he is breathing heavy and was obviously scared, he wipes tears from his eyes, he flashes back on the image of a girl with long straight black hair, she sits on a bed crying in a room down a long dimly lit corridor, a small boy stands at her door helplessly watching her, then another image of the boy being led back down the same corridor and pushed into another room; the door being locked behind him) I know it ain't right to kill Lord, but I can't let this go on anymore...

--SpiritontheWater

--------------------------------------------------------------

Freddy, carrying a couple of shopping bags walks to the door of his and Palaka room and hearing slow, stuttering notes of the saxophone angrily hits the door with his foot.

Freddy: What the fuck you think you're doing, moron?

Inside, caught in the act, Palaka quickly tries to take the mouthpiece out of the instrument.

Freddy walks in and carefully puts the bags on the floor. He comes close to Palaka and rises his fist, Palaka, cowering in fear shields himself from Freddy with the saxophone.

Palaka:
Ahmm, boss, just a lesson, admiring your ahhm art, like a friend, you know, with respect and such....

Freddy:
(stops his fist in inch from Palaka's body) You fucking lowlife, want me to play the instrument with all your spit inside squirming with the fucking germs? (he grabs the sax from Palaka, and takes the mouthpiece off.)

Appeared in the room John looks attentively from Freddy to Palaka, tilting his head to the side.

Freddy: (notices John, to Palaka) Lock the fucking door, you idiot! (to John) Speak of the devil!

Palaka: Ahmm, boss, he walked THROUGH the door....

John: A music lesson.

--svengali2

-------------------------------------------------------------

Meyer Dickstein stands at the end of the pier looking out on the moonlit water. He looks back and forth between the moon and the sea.

Meyer: Law and order? I cannot say that I see it. I have honestly tried my best to do due diligence but I must say without reservation (he stops for a moment and shakes his head to compose himself) there is no order.

Car salesman: (startling Meyer, he stands leaning over the rail with a fishing pole in his hand about ten feet away from where Meyer is standing) Aw hell man, yer lettin' the men in black flash the damn bullshit thing in your eyes! Take another look at what you're looking at pal. (the car salesman waves his hand about and Meyers head follows it up and down like it is attached somehow) Yeah, that's right, down in the water or up in the air, whatever, it's all the same, order 'n anarchy side by side, you ain't gonna divide 'em!. So now you take those shiney shoes of yours and get back in your "car" and get outta the dark and go see that little woman of yours... Jesus Christ, if there's any body who's outta place on this pier it's you! (speechless, Meyer turns to leave, he stops for a second and turns back toward the car salesman)

Meyer: Thank you. I think I know what you mean.

Meyer walks back down the pier toward his car, as he exits the pier and steps onto the concrete he trips and stumbles forward

Meyer: ( looking back at the divide he stumbled over) I cannot tell if this is a lie... or the real world. Did I or did I not see the end of all of this? (Before getting in his car he bends down and examines the front fender, the paint is charred and almost totally black, he points to the fender as if presenting evidence) There again is further evidence for what I am saying (he takes a few steps back and opens the car door, he gets in behind the wheel) It was just after I left Barry, I thought I heard , but then I saw... (he closes the door and starts the car) There is just no way of explaining (pulling away from the curb he continues muttering to himself)

As he reaches the first stop light Meyer notices the car that pulls up beside him, he rolls down his side window and is assaulted with the sound of the revving motor. The occupant rolls down his window and smiles at Meyer, it is the car salesman in the El Camino.

Car Salesman:
First one to the finish line build's a fire we all can warm our wet shorts and sandy feet by! Give it your best and John will ride shotgun if yer lucky! (as the the light turns green the El Camino peels out and leaves Meyer in a cloud of smoke. Meyer stalls at the stop light and sits watching as the El Camino races at full speed down the road ahead of him)

Car Salesman: (Reaches down and pushes a button on the radio, he shifts, less than flawlessly, and after a few near stalls himself, gets scratch in every gear and sails down the highway right through the center of town) Said it all so clean...
Eagles-James Dean

Montage of everybody.

--SpiritontheWater

Beneath the pier several men sit and watch the moonlit waves swell and crash against the pilings. The sound echoes against the underside of the wooden cathedral above their heads. One man with a Rembrandt style moustache looks to the side as two figures approach.

Man with Moustache: Who goes there?

Sheri: Just a couple folks from Cincinnati! Bringing you a plate of food from the Snug Harbor.

Man With Moustache: (sits up and looks at the two people walking across the sand toward him, he struggles to get himself up and does so just enough to take the plates being offered. He hands the first plate to a friend standing nearby and then takes the second plate for himself, as he draws the bowl away from the plate to see what is beneath it a cloud of steam rises away. He watches it rise and disappear, then replaces the bowl over the food) A bounty! Thank you!

Skippy: It is our pleasure but not our handiwork I must say! It is Ramon who you would honestly give thanks to. These delectables emanate from his hand alone I must tell you!

The two men take the plates and remove the bowls covering them, They both sit next to each other and eagerly devour the tacos and enchiladas. Neither bother to concern themselves as to fork , knife or fingers.

--SpiritontheWater
Do no harm

Sven2

Noah and Moana walk in to town and as they approach it's edge they see a small figure sitting on the curb, as they get closer they see it is Adam and he is eating.

Noah: (startling Adam) Well, it looks like you're managin' to git ta belly full as usual.

Adam: (half choking, stops from eating, his fingers dripping with enchilada sauce, smiles up at the two) Hey Noah! Yeah some dude walked up and handed it to me, said it came from the Snug Harbor and Ramon. It's good! Want some? (he lifts the plate up but Noah waves it away, Moana however grabs one of the tacos)

Noah:
(giving Moana a look) Naw boy, you eat dat food the good Lord has delivered to you, (looking at Moana again for emphasis) You little body needs da nutrition. (Moana hesitates only briefly before stuffing the Taco in his mouth)

Moana: What? I don't get hungry too?

Adam continues to eat and clean the plate, Noah stoops down and picks up the bowl sitting beside him.

Noah: We better take dis plates back to Mr. Ramon den, he probably be wanting dem back.

--SpiritontheWater

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. White stands listening on the phone in the hall outside his office, he is looking at the paintings, he hangs up the phone and dials another number.

Mr. White: The boy was seen in town... no he has obviously not run... there should be no excuse for you now. He was without protection... Watch the Yost house and the Motel... I want him brought to me!

He puts the phone in his jacket pocket and leans down to look more closely at the painting before him, in the midst of the crowd of the damned he sees the image of a group of small boys being dragged away struggling against long beaked creatures, naked but for their black wings. He laughs to himself.

Mr. White: There you are my boy. You are coming with me one way or another, and you can bet your friend Shaun Yost will be accompanying you this time...

--SpiritontheWater

The car Salesman looks in his rear view mirror and sees the flashing blue and red lights, he laughs and pulls over. Anderson gets out of the police vehicle and walks up to the El Camino.

Anderson: (warily looking down into the face of the Car Salesman, before he can say anything he is interrupted)

Car Salesman: you know the first time I seen the red and blue light on that frequency was when they pulled me over at Roswell, course they were flying a saucer then, damn near out run 'em too if it weren't for the sand, they got you when you're stuck on terra not so firma.

Anderson:
Sir!

Car Salesman:
But this isn't new Mexico is it? And you haven't been let in on the secret. I guess it's only fair to tell you that I pulled you over because you're driving under the influence of thinking you got the right to use that gun and a cage on a person who's hurtin' nothing and nobody. On top of that your lights are too bright and likely to scare the berjeebers out of a fella and 'cause him to lose control and run in to something! When law isn't bringing about a damn lick of order but a court order transfer of dollars from my account to theirs it's time to take that uniform off and come throw some burgers on the grill with the rest of us. Before it's too late is what I am meaning. (Anderson just stares at him and is interrupted again as he is about to speak) I'll let you off with a warning this time but it might be the last one you get so don't push your luck. (he puts the El Camino in gear and peels out, officer Anderson stands dumbfounded watching as the car speeds down the road in a white cloud)

John: (sitting in back seat of the police cruiser when Anderson gets in to radio the dispatcher) The El Camino is reverse engineered.

--SpiritontheWater

The Eagles - Those Shoes

Cissy opens the door to Shaun's room, she runs her fingers through her hair before stepping in, the music is blaring through speakers set up in windows directed outside. She cautiously looks around the room, seeing only a couple of kids sitting on his bed making out, and another pair doing the same over in the corner, she enters the room and sniffs the air

Cissy: (she walks over to Shaun's night stand and looks in an ashtray) Did you smoke it all already? (the couple on the bed look at her) Party over? (the boy and girl both motion toward the backyard. She takes a step and trips over a pair of red high heeled shoes with ankle straps) What the fuck is this! ( She examines the shoes she has tripped over) Oh gimme a break, little sluts. (the girls both look at her) Oh just deny it, go back to your sucking on him...

Cissy walks out the back door and is prevented from proceeding further by a crowd of kids pressing up against each other. A haze of smoke hangs in the air and suddenly a wave of a cheer raises above the pulsing music. She sees Shaun rising up above the crowd as he floats in the air above the half pipe.

Cissy: That's just fucking perfect, everybody here for the show. Let's get high and watch the miracle boy break his neck again. (She watches as a large cloud of smoke rises in front of her and obscures her view of Shaun as he sails into the air again, the boy, exhaling, turns around and hands her a very large joint, he is about six feet tall, tan and well built, wearing only a pair of colorful trunks and thong sandals, he has blue eyes and a bushy head full of white blond hair)

Boy: Here ya go lady. Take a hit off this!

Cissy: (looking him up and down) Jesus Christ! (She hands him the mustard bottle she has been holding) I'll trade ya! (She looks at the joint and eyes wide at it's size, turns and steps back into Shaun's room, she hesitates briefly before exiting and sees Shaun again through the high window as he appears again above the crowd, arching in mid air grabbing his board and stretching a leg out. She shakes her head and laughs) Checkered Vans, got 'em drooling. Ten thousand in the bank.

--SpiritontheWater

Cissy walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator, she pulls out a couple of beers, then she picks up a blue bag of Doritos sitting next to a large bowl half full of chips on the table set out for the party.

Cissy: I'm gonna have to go to the store in the morning after these monkeys get the munchies. (she walks out and back up the steps of the club house, Mitch is standing at the window again, she puts the beer and chips down and holds out the joint) Look the fuck at this!

Mitch: (hesitates before turning to acknowledge her, then steps closer to see what it is) Jesus Cissy, is that a joint? Looks like a cigar. You aren't smoking that in here.

Cissy: Yes Mitch, it's a joint the size of a cigar, that's how they smoke 'em nowadays, laws or no laws, guess they figure they might as well go big or go to bed, or whatever the fuck it is they say.

Mitch:
(takes the blunt form Cissy and examines it) Well that's pot alright but the dumb ass kids have it wrapped in tobacco, that's stupid.

Cissy: Sound like a good idea to me.

Mitch: It would.

Cissy: Well, break out some papers then and we can re- roll it, I'm sure you got some papers stashed around here somewhere, we can probably get four or five joints outta it.

Mitch: We?

Cissy: Come on Mitch, they're prescribing it for all sorts of things now, can't ask for a better all natural remedy, hell, it might just help you keep your feet on the ground!

Mitch: (gives her a look, then walks over and reaches up on a high shelf next to a drooping vine. He tosses a pack of zigzags to Cissy) You were always better at it.

Cissy: Ha, I knew it! (she wipes a thick coat of dusty grime from the orange package) Shit.

Mitch: But we're blowing it out the window! (he looks back at the window, and walks over to it again) There's a helicopter hovering over the site, been there for the last half hour.

Cissy: Well if the feds spot us and turn to fly toward us we'll have plenty of time to flush the evidence and warn the kids, Jesus Mitch, you haven't even smoked yet and you're already paranoid! (after deftly breaking up the blunt and rolling a portion of it in a small joint, she pulls her lighter out of her jeans and lights it up walking over to the window she takes a drag and hands it to Mitch, after a second she blows a large cloud of smoke out the window and watches it rise. She spots the helicopter hovering over the elephant cage site and sees its lights flickering) Wow, this is some killer shit! What the fuck are those assholes doing, are you sure that's a helicopter?

--SpiritontheWater

Do no harm

Sven2

William Shatner "Rocket Man"
"Meet the Jetsons"

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
(Cissy exhales a plume of smoke and gazes out the window towards the Elephant cage and the flying object hovering above)

Zero hour nine a.m.And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
(Slow motion of Shaun as he leaves the half pipe below rising to the peak of his jump. His motion is effortless and natural)

I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
(Mitch turns away from the window and begins straightening things on the shelf)

It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight
(Mitch picks up the rolling papers and places them back in their place)

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
(Butchie sits on his couch - lost and restless as though not sure what to do with his time)

Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
(He begins to straighten things on the coffee table)

Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
(Back at Cissy's, Mitch begins to levitate)

Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone (An expression of acceptance (of his fate) come over Mitch's face)

And I think it's gonna be a long long time (Flashback in time to a scene of Mitch surfing as a teenager)

Till touch down brings me round again to find (The young Cissy is sitting on the sand talking to a group of friends)

(The young Mitch looks up to see if she is watching just before disappearing into a tunnel of water)

(Inside the wave, Mitch is mesmerized)

Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
(As he appears from the rolling water, Cissy is watching intently forgetting about the joint she is holding until it burns her fingers and she drops it)

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
(Now we see Butchie as a young boy 8 or 9 years old - trying to surf and getting pounded by a wave)

In fact it's cold as hell
(Cissy, looking kind of strung out, shakers her head in disapointment and turns away)

And there's no one there to raise them if you did (Now a scene of Tina leaving the baby on the doorstep and turning away from the door)

And all this science I don't understand
(Now, Butchie as young adult is shooting up - apparently for the first time)

It's just my job five days a week
(He is already a star as evidenced by the posters on the wall behind him)

A rocket man, a rocket man
(Butchie passes out on the floor and camera pans above him - looking down)

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
(Now back in present time - Mitch's feet lowering back to the ground)

Till touch down brings me round again to find
(He walks to the window where Cissy is still gazing and looks along side her at the "Elephant Cage")

Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
(Now the scene cuts back to Shaun on the half pipe - still effortlessly sailing into the air and gentley touching down.

And I think it's gonna be a long long time ...
(Then rising again, Shaun's motion is as fluid as the waves rolling in the distance. Back and forth, back and forth - he continues. He is lost in the fluidity and repetition of his motions. He is at peace...)

--Waxon

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Jacks is looking at the chess board in deep concentration; Zippy is pacing back and forth on his perch.

Bill: The time delay was Bobby Fisher idea, pal, I'm sure, and you and your "poodle cut" friend got nothing on Bobby, of course he was as mad as anyone in the nuthouse.... dragging his sorry old ass all over to freeze it nowhere else but in Iceland....

Holding his hand above a figure on the board, Bill hesitates. Zippy, with a loud squeaks jumps, does a somersault and holding the perch in his claws hangs from it with his head down.

Bill: Quit your cheap tricks, I haven't touched it, I said "I adjust"..... Now, how come you got free reign, with me being a hapless pawn? No, it's not the endgame, pal, I got somethin' up my sleeve. (muttering to himself) You getting your shitbrain augmented from who the fuck knows where, I may not stand a chance.....

Bill gets up and walking around the room goes to the TV with the sound turned off. For a moment he watches the screen with open disgust, shakes his head and returns to the table.

Bill: We're goin' to hell in a hand basket....or ridin' to heaven in a convertible, and you know, Zip, what my un-fucking-informed opinion is on that subject!

--svengali2

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jerri: (sets a large steaming cup down on the counter and walks away from it, as she passes a young man sitting at a table she motions toward it with her thumb) It's on the counter. (the man looks at her and then back toward his drink)

Young Man: Would have been too much to ask for you to bring it with you?

Jerri: (freezes in her tracks before reaching the computer tables where Dwayne has come in and gone straight to work at. She turns back to the man) Did you pay for shipping? (she shakes her head and turns back toward Dwayne) No, you did not. ( to Dwayne) And where the fuck have you been? And don't give me any big and huge shit.

Dwayne:
(stifles his comment) Well, I have just come from the pier, where I have verified, on film, the phenomenon that I think will explain what has been going on around here lately.

Jerri: What's been going on around here? Like where you have been for the last several days being the full meaning of the question I am still waiting to get fucking answered? (the man who is now at the counter holding his drink looks around the counter for something, he mutters incomprehensibly, Jerry sees him.) Maybe if you'd turn your head a little further and look around the room a bit, expanding your horizons, you might find what you're looking for on the wall with the sign on it explaining everything you need to know! (the man turns around and sees the shelf with the stir sticks and napkins and creamers)

Dwayne: I will explain that too, just as soon as I bring up the rest of the cameras we are connected to... they should show the exact time and space... and what is now gone as a result... (Dwayne works intensely at the keyboard bringing up window after window to the screen)

Jerri: Jesus Christ Dwayne, how about this pair of tits, are they still here or have they just disappeared in to the fucking void you call a mind? Not big and huge enough for you? (Dwayne does not hear or respond to the comment, Jerri walks away angry, she goes over to the condiments counter and starts reorganizing the items) (to the man at the table) Don't get up and leave without leaving a tip if I've got to clean up after you everywhere you go in here. I don't forget a face.

--SpiritontheWater
Do no harm

Sven2

Meyer steps out of his car and walks around to open the passenger door for Daphne, they both look off toward the coastline and see the faint brightening of the approaching dawn, Daphne gets out and smooths her dress, tugging it down at her waist.

Daphne: I'm telling you Meyer, I am stretching the limits of what I can endure, I should have known this was no surprise sunrise breakfast. Instead I don't hear from you forever and in my sleep you hush me like a little girl, and without a single word to acknowledge my worry, and I was worried non stop you know , do you know that?

Meyer: I called, and we spoke.

Daphne: You called but we did not speak, we never speak. I am trying to tell you this... and now I am here with you, without complaint I am here and where are we? A cemetery?!, miles from our lovely home! I was actually going to try the recipe your mother has been pushing on me, her latkes, your favorite she said, and fresh bagels from the deli, they are opening now. And seasoned lamb does not keep forever, perhaps if we had your mother's sub-zero.. It is seasoned Meyer, not marinated like your friends do. (Meyer closes the car door and turns to walk down the grassy slope) and in these shoes, did you consider these shoes? Meyer Dickstein you are a neglectful man. Concern yourself with me, would you if I were giving birth? (Meyer reaches the bottom of the slope and turns back toward her) Are you listening? (she steps over the curb and on to the grass) the ground is too soft for these shoes, Meyer. Is there an open grave waiting? Is that why you have brought me here? (she starts to tear up)

Meyer: You will be fine, I brought you here so you may be with me. Just be careful, it is a small slope, take your time. (He reaches out his hand to reassure her, she awkwardly takes the five or so long steps downward and falls in his arms feigning difficulty) There, you see? It is nothing for you. You are a strong woman, we should hike the Sierras at Tahoe this summer, you would enjoy that.

Daphne: You could have told me I'd need hiking boots, do you see what I am wearing? Do you notice anything but my breasts, Meyer?

Meyer: I do notice them my love. They are lovely. May we proceed?

Daphne: I did not ask you that. (Meyer walks away toward the tombstones, Daphne follows trying not to twist her ankles on the uneven grass)

As the two of them draw near, a large twisted pole is seen out of place amongst the white headstones, Meyer kneels down upon reaching it and begins pulling mud and grass away from the end of it. As it is revealed, he mutters acknowledgment to Daphne

Meyer:
Exactly as I knew it. I couldn't be sure at the rate it was traveling but it was so familiar, I thought it could be nothing else. The lighthouse from the Snug Harbor. It was thrown like a missile as I was coming down the hill from losing Barry to those men in black. It was the last thing I saw before the car was stopped in its tracks and then the heat. Invisible heat. I passed out. I couldn't breath.

Daphne:
Oh my God, you were here? (she looks around and then quickly turns around to look behind her, Meyer stands up beside her and they both look across the hillside as they begin to detect the debris line, even with the location of the twisted light pole they see several other scattered objects along the same elevation running the entire length of the hillside and off into the distance)

Meyer: I saw the whole town from here, everything swept away. In a moment I knew I'd lost you. (Meyer steps over to Daphne and wraps his arms around her)

Daphne: What are you talking about? What has happened?

Meyer: I don't know... but I was sure nobody could have survived.

Daphne: Oh my poor man, (she wraps her arms around his neck and caresses his head) Let's go home now, a graveyard is no place for us. Just look at you, I will roast the lamb tonight.

Meyer pulls away from the curb, Daphne has taken off her shoes and is rubbing her feet.

Meyer: We'll stop by the deli for some lox.

Daphne:
You've finished your mother's mustard dill sauce.

Meyer: Let's not mention that to Moshe, I will be satisfied with his kosher.

Daphne:
I can't wait to tell your mother!

--SpiritontheWater

In the emergency room of a hospital Kai is being propped up on a bed with the help of a heavyset nurse.

Nurse:
The doctor will be back shortly to sign your discharge papers, if you're so dead set on leaving, honey. Are you sure you're not feeling dizzy?

Kai: (she is disoriented and is fighting it) Shit, no, I'm not staying here! (She touches her bandaged head, where it is freshly shaved) Where's that jerk that knocked me out? Who the fuck shaved my head? Jesus, I must look like a freak!

Nurse:
Well, you were brought in unconscious, the doctor had to put in seventeen stitches, staples actually, to close the wound.

Kai: (she suddenly laughs, and the surprised nurse looks at her with suspicion) I got implants! (She lays her head down and closes her eyes. When the nurse leaves the room, and Kai comes to, John is standing next to the bed).

Kai: John, why are you here?.....I think I saw Butchie dead in the water, and he is not answering his cell!

John: 15 years.... a nice round number. You surfed with Shaunie every day he wanted to. You kept Butchie's boards... every day.

Kai: Yeah.... I'm his fuck buddy, John, heard of a pay off? You know, my Mom split when I was three....So..... to sum it up, I look like a fuckin' skinhead, my contract has a two year non-compete clause, I got no money for the plane ticket..... you got a hat, John? (she giggles at the sight of a gigantic red hat that John produces from his pocket, then she carefully puts it on her head so as not to disturb the dressing. John is watching her with the quizzical smile)

Kai: Let's go, John. I'll fly in the cargo hold with you. (when she turns around her hospital gown opens.) Shit, you got a pair of shorts and a tee?

Dar Williams- Mercy of the Fallen

--svengali2
Do no harm

Sven2

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Regina Spektor - "Fidelity" [OFFICIAL video]

Just before dawn Mitch awakens and looks over at Cissy laying on the bed on the floor.

As quietly as he can he gets up and pulls on his shirt and shorts.

He walks out the club house door and down the steps to the car, his surfboard is sticking out of the rear window, he stops for a moment and puts his hand on the board, he caresses its rail for a second and then walks over and opens the car door and gets in. He sits and looks though the rear view mirror for a moment, the first few steps of the club house are reflected in it. He starts the car and pulls out of the driveway.

Cass wakes up in time to see Mitch closing the car door, she slides back down in the seat and watches as he drives away.

Cissy awakens and looks over to see that Mitch is gone, she stares at the ceiling. She reaches over for her cigarettes. She lights one up and lays back again to stare at the ceiling. She blows a cloud of smoke up into the air above her.

Cass starts the Porsche and begins to follow Mitch at a distance.

They drive through the empty streets of IB and down the highway toward the border. When they reach the coast line, both alternately watch the waves and each other; Mitch through his rear view mirror and Cass through the half open tailgate glass past his surfboard.

Butchie awakens and sees images of Kai on the ceiling, she is putting on a red hat to cover up a row of stitches across her half shaved head. John is staring at her with a smile on his face., he is pulling a wad of money out of his pocket and handing it to her.

Kai sits in the airline terminal, she is watching a young couple, both tanned from their island vacation, they are kissing each other and gently caressing.

A young Mexican woman watches as Doctor Smith locks his bicycle to the railing and then follows him as he walks out to the end of the pier.

Beneath the pier, several men sleep, several plates and bowls lay half buried in the sand around them.

Barry walks over to the jukebox and presses the buttons to play a song. Ramon turns the knob on the range top and ignites the burner's flame.

Freddy stands at the window looking out at the parking lot, behind him Palaka attempts to play the scale on the saxophone. Freddy cringes at the missed notes but does not turn .

Cass parks the Porsche next to Mitch's station wagon, he is already dropping his board in the surf ready to paddle out. He looks back and sees Cass standing in the parking lot watching. Cass tears up as the sun breaks the horizon.

Kai's plane takes off and rises into the sky.

Shaun awakens and smiles seeing the young girl beside him. He closes his eyes again, still smiling.

--SpiritontheWater

-----------------------------------------------------

Bill is talking on the phone while the deafening sounds of "I Love my Dog" blare from the old fashioned boom box on the coffee table. He is covering his ear with his free hand so that he can hear better.

Cat Stevens - I love my dog.
Bill: How's graduating first in your fuckin' class from the police academy made you a worldwide specialist on helicopters?... No, I'm not pulling my rank, Anderson, you're still wet behind the ears rookie, whether I'm retired or not! I'm a trained observer... in fact my prime directive was "observe and report" and if necessary fire a warning shot!...... I am telling you..... What? What? Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Hang on a minute, Anderson!

(Bill takes a few steps to the boom box stretching the phone cord, when he takes one more step, the phone falls from the table precariously hanging in the air suspended by the wires. Bill raises his voice) What I listen to in my free time is not of any fuckin' concern to anybody besides my-fuckin'-self and my bird, Anderson!....No, I didn't get a dog, would you listen to me, something's going on at the Elephant Cage, there's no time to waste going through the fuckin' chain of command, especially through that fat asshole, who's gonna lose his post in the next election the way he runs his sinking ship! The minimum the police could do.... Anderson!

(Bill slams the receiver on its cradle, walks to the boom box and turns the sound off.) That's all I'm gonna take of this bullshit, Zip! You have lost your single remaining marble! Who in their right mind would ever consider listening to a song about a dog written by a guy named Cat, for Christ sake!.....Yeah, right, and I would've converted into a goat worshiping pagan were I given such a name, may God forgive his egotistical bastard parents for that offense to human dignity.....

(As soon as Bill settles on the couch with a sigh, there's knock at the door. Bill opens it to Vietnam Joe and a man whose head is covered with a black bandanna, Alejandro)

Bill: Look, who the cat dragged in! And who are you?

Alejandro:
You have a talking bird?

Bill: I am at the end of my rope!

Thanks to congadrambum for the quote.

--svengali2

Butchie shuts off the engine to the VW bus and checks the waves. The rising sun is flashing amber off every surface around him and glaring the windshield.

Linc and Tina sit staring out at the horizon as well, they are parked on a small sandy rise about half way between Butchie and Mitch.

Butchie takes a swig of beer and picks up a large manila envelope off the passenger seat, on the front is written "Shaunie" He reaches in the envelope and pulls out a stack of photographs.

Cat Stevens - If I Laugh
There are several pictures of a young Shaun taken on the same day, close ups from a day on the beach, his long blond hair matted from the water, in each photograph Shaun is making a different goofy face and silly pose. Butchie laughs and his eyes tear up as he looks at the pictures - Butchie standing on a stage with his tongue out holding a trophy in the air, next to him Linc Stark holding up a sponsor banner - He and Kai, Butchie thin and strung out looking, nine year old Shaun standing in front of Kia sticking his tongue out and flipping the bird at the camera. Butchie shakes his head and looks out to the surf again.

Tina is holding a folded piece of paper, on the front is the word Mom, she looks out at the sunrise and sees images of her walking away from the Yost house with Cissy standing in the doorway pushing a toddler Shaun behind her legs and angrily shouting insults at her younger self crying and walking away. Young Shaun is watching as she drives away.

Tina smiles as she sees Shaun at the contest smiling up at her in his wetsuit, waving to him when he stops and looks back while jogging down the sand to paddle out for his heat. Then as he rides the wave gracefully, cutting back effortlessly over and over again and then finally as he catches air on his best wave of the day. She lets out a tearful laugh. Linc looks over at her but does not speak.

Cass stands on the shore filming as Mitch walks up and down the board.

Mitch glides along a small wave, he sees before him the image of a young Butchie standing on the same longboard in front of him; little Butchie with his arms outstretched, knees bent in his small red board shorts, looking back up at Mitch, smiling and laughing, and the wave is forming endlessly inches away from the boy s small feet.

Cass zooms in as close as she can and laughs as she sees an image that looks as if Mitch is no longer on a board but is instead walking on the wave.

Mitch closes his eyes and rides the wave blind, he laughs as he steps, eyes closed, back and forth to the end of his board and back again. Cass pulls back to look not through the camera, but to see with her own eye.

--SpiritontheWater

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

John stands over Shaun, watching him sleep in bed with the girl. On the night stand next to the bed is an unopened condom.

John: Don't you know a dog's gotta have mustard on it? You don't know hot dogs for shit! (picks up the condom and puts it in his pocket) Get down with the beast!

Cissy: (peeks around the corner in to Shaun's room and when she sees the girl in his bed she steps in an walks over to the bed, she looks at the two of them for a few seconds, she looks as if she is about to speak but appears to change her mind. Instead she picks up the girl's purse off the floor next to her shoes and carries it into the kitchen) Let's see who the fuck they sent in to wet his wick. (she find the girls wallet and pulls out an I.d. card) Christina Conner. (she thinks for a second) Conner? Oh shit, don't tell me this is Marilyn's fucking granddaughter, oh that wouldn't surprise me a bit! (she puts everything back in the girl's purse and quietly returns it to the place it was and then walks back out of the room and out of the house)

Cissy: Shit! Forgot to look for a condom wrapper, that boy better have used one, I stuck enough of them in that night stand drawer. After all the talks we've had about it; that little bitch better not have wrapped her bun around it with out one! (she hesitates for a moment but then walks back up the stairs and into the clubhouse, she walks over to the ashtray on the floor next to the bed and pulls out the roach from last night) Goddamn Mitch, hope you're ready to be great granddaddy on fucking direct Tv!, another life in your hands while you're off walking on fucking water! (she walks over to the window and lights it up blowing a large cloud of smoke out the window, she scoffs,) You're not sticking a god damned reality tv camera in his face, I don't care how much money you got!

--SpiritontheWater

Jerri puts a glass with a whitish colored drink next to Dwayne's computer; she is holding another glass in her hand. Dwayne finishes it in one gulp, and Jerri, shaking her head, takes the empty glass and replaces it with the full one.

Dwayne:
The connection should work, not sure if the camera covers that area, if not.... I will have to find the roundabout, and I.... (typing feverishly, with one hand, he grabs the glass and takes a few sips.) I think.... I .....can! What is that? It's not my Simply Green.....

Jerri:
It's what you fucking deserve, Dwayne, rat poison! Finish it!

Dwayne is focused on the streaming images on the computer screen, without any argument he obeys and, without looking at her, gives Jerri the empty glass, returning to work on the computer.

Jerri: You couldn't find your own dick in the morning! Wheat grass, my ass! Thirty fucking bucks for that protein powder.... tastes like shit!

Young Man: So this guy gets preferential treatment, eh? On what grounds?

Jerri: On the grounds of him becoming a beach bum pretty soon. Oh, and you are welcome to file a complaint with the Health Department, maybe they can shut this fucking place down, I wouldn't give a shit!

--svengali2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry: (standing at the juke box as a song ends) I've got an idea!

Ramon: (stops before opening the door to the kitchen lifting the large, heavy lidded serving tray he is pushing the door open with from his hips) Should I call my cousin?

Barry: Call your cousins Ramon! The Snug Harbor Lounge is having an event! We will not remain nothing but a Sad Cafe, Ramon! We will have our light!

--SpiritontheWater

Do no harm

Sven2

Shaun awakens and sees John standing in the corner of his room.

Shaun: What's up John?

John: Get down with the beast Shaunie!

Shaun: (gets out of bed leaving his new girlfriend still sleeping, he walks over to John) What do you mean John?

John: Open mike night at the Snug Harbor Shaunie! Flying saucers pulled over the El Camino.

Shaun: (laughs at John and puts his hand on his shoulder) I'm with you Johnny.

--SpiritontheWater

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry: (picks up Teddy and a small gift bag that was sitting on the pool table) I'll be back tomorrow Ramon, I have forgotten that I have a date with a blue light.

Ramon: A blue light?

Barry: A blue light Ramon, somewhere between Hollywood and Redondo beach...

Ramon: Allright then, I'll get some fliers stapled up around the street.

Barry: Thank you Ramon. And if Noah stops by, tell him please that I will need his assistance.

Ramon: I'll try to find the doctor too.

Barry: (as he closes the screeching door behind him) And your cousin Ramon, for the door...

Ramon: He's on his way this morning.

--SpiritontheWater

Kai and John are sitting on the beach cross legged in the dawn sun rising behind them on the far side of the mountains. No shadows on the sand yet, just a gray twilight only brilliant enough to cast everything that is the beach into a blue air. The surf is flat, glass. Just the tiniest ripple at shore?s edge and in the silence, a rustling of ocean, sand, shell and rock rubbing one another smooth in a whisper.

Kai: Yeah, my crazy hippy trippy parents were real surfers from back in the day. My mom, she surfed pregnant with me up to six or seven months. She wanted to give birth in the ocean on her board like a dolphin, but my dad said, no - that was too far out even for him. and once I was born, dad had me on his board with him when I wasn't more than six months old, cradling me in his arms, riding little three footers, that's how good he was, kept his balance, took the wave and never dropped me. Until the day came when he dropped me on purpose.

John: Purpose.

Kai: Yeah, on purpose. I was only a year old maybe. C'mon Kai baby, he said, swim baby. No lessons, no instructions, not even a warning. He just dropped me into the water, just like that.

John: Just like that.

Kai: Yep. But I was fearless.... no fear whatsoever of this great big ocean.

Kai spreads her arms wide as if to embrace the entire Pacific into her own bosom.

Kai: As a matter of fact, I laughed and giggled the whole time. I thought it was a game.

John: A game.

--congadrumbum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HEAVY "Short change hero" (2009)
The Heavy, Short Change Hero

At the door of Bill Jacks house.

Alejandro: Mia madre! Quatro... four..... four years, I need to....(he pushes astonished Bill aside) por favore! (Alejandro walks straight to Zippy's cage where he looks in Zippy's eyes and freezes up).

Bill: Yeah, don't let me wring your neck, barge the fuck in! I am not the one to ask, that damn crap machine better start making sense or pay the mortgage..... drags here every fucking delinquent degenerate within hundred mile radius!

Vietnam Joe: Found him wanderin' near my plants, Bill!

Bill: (sniffing the air) Are you stoned out of your fucking mind, Joe?

Vietnam Joe: (happily chuckling) Best harvest, Bill, gold seal of approval. Wanna spliff?

Bill: I should confiscate what you got, right here and now!

Dismissing the threat with a nod, Vietnam Joe steps inside the house. Zippy's loud "squawk" turns their heads in the direction of Alejandro. His face is pale, he is leaning on the table for support.

Vietnam Joe: Hey, lookee there.... What do you think your parrot said to that man, Bill?

Bill: Nothing I want to know about.... must've been clearing his sinuses!

Vietnam Joe finds a half full bottle of beer on the coffee table and finishes it off. He makes himself comfortable on the couch and pats the place next to himself, inviting Bill to join him.

Vietnam Joe: You think, Bill, is that maybe, you know, possible for a man to unfuck what's been really fucked up?

--svengali2

Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk