News:

Welcome to the JohnFromCincinnati.net & johnfromcincinnati.net forum.  An extraordinary show brought us together... Extraordinary people keep us coming back.

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Hey Wave!  I'm glad to hear you made it through also!  It's hard to fathom all the others who still do not have power... and worse, no home at all.  We were SOOOO lucky!

I recorded the concert and will watch it over the weekend when I'm not so busy.  Glad to have you back at The Snug :D
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Can't believe my eyes - Wave, long time - should we thank this damn Sandy for your post? That's some silver lining, I'm telling you! Hope you and the family are doing well, ready for the celebrations.

Just returned from a trip around tropical islands myself, glad to see the place quite lively.
Holidays are just around the corner, isn't that grand, aint't that delightful!

Salud!

Love,
Sven
Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

How's everyone affected survived "Nemo"? And why, oh why, they're naming snowstorms now, isn't it bad for some Sandy or Katrina to be reminded of the malevolence of their own name every time someone mentions the calamities? Now, thanks to weather people, we got snowstorms to immortalize. Too much!

Anyways, we got 2 feet of lightweight snow, no power loss, the digging out was easy. Nemo brought much more trouble for Skor and probably Trishah and Wavewatcher. Not sure how is our Flower doing. Hope you guys are ok.
Do no harm

sven

Sven2

I opened JFC fan club page on Facebook and accidentally stumbled upon this photo:

Could anyone explain how it got on the Facebook (Trishah? Was that you?) and what paper had it printed. It seriously intrigued me, and I'd love to find and read that article.

There are few papers in IB, which one was in the photo?

Please, anyone?
Do no harm

Sven2

Happy Forth of July, everyone!

Middle of the summer, all fun and games, ah, but summers are too short. (Unless you live in Arizona I guess). 

Love and hugs,
Sven
Do no harm

ZenOnMars

Greetings, all, hope summer 2013 finds us all well. 

Well, what we know is that in a bit more than a year "WE are coming 9/11/14" :)

Is it too early to suggest thoughts about this upcoming anniversary date -- on ALL and ANY levels?

If anyone is still visiting here, feel free to speak your mind out loud.   8)

SaveJFC Admin

Wow.  At the time 9/11/14 seemed so far away and now here it is...  nearly a year away.  How time flies!

My first thought was to "get the gang back together" and do an online viewing of the show from our DVDs like we did on the year anniversary. 

It would be great to know what Milch had in mind when he wrote that as that would give us some idea of a way to commemorate it appropriately.

Anyone have other thoughts?
Work here, Cass.

ZenOnMars

In an interview, Milch once said he picked 2014 because it was 7 years from the original air date, and that 7 is traditionally a sacred number.  Milch often shrugged off details acting as though they were superficial, but as we all here know, NOTHING about JFC was superficial, especially to David Milch.  :)
And sometimes I think he was being guided by John's Father in Cincinnati, whether he was aware or not. :) :) :)

SaveJFC Admin

Ahhh...  That is a great detail to know!  Thank you for sharing that.  Milch captured our imaginations with the complex subtleties that is JOHN. 

work here cass.
Work here, Cass.

Cissy

Hi, been needing to come here and say a thing.... Lost an old friend.. thing is, I can't stop thinking what would have been if John had come to his door and asked  "What do you want Bobby ?"
I didn't feel this belonged with Tammy, so sharing with the empty bar I guess, I know you are all still here, your spirits are anyway. Just cannot stop thinking about that knock at the door...
Love you all, and that ain't words, you know that.
A lonesome high
A funny time cry
The blues
The blues
The blues

Cissy

You all remember all the monads that appeared in the bar? Now, I think they were us...
A lonesome high
A funny time cry
The blues
The blues
The blues

SaveJFC Admin

Sorry to hear about your loss, Cissy. 

Have we become the ghosts in the bar?  Or is the bar a meeting place for those on their way to some place else?

Things that make you go hummmm...
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Sorry for your loss, Cissy.

Ain't we on a move every moment - cells of our bodies changing, the hair grows, the lungs expand and deflate? The cities change, the planet forms islands and grinds mountains to sand? The stars collide and the space stretches to no end?

No ghosts here, as long as a single soul remembers "what we did here today".

Hmm, although, what exactly did we do that day, eh?  8) ??? ::)

Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk