News:

Come participate in the 3rd Anniversary Virtual Parade! going on now!

Main Menu

Questions, Answers and Theories

Started by Waxon, June 22, 2010, 11:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanFlower

Svennie baby you shouldn't leave a guy hanging too long after he's asked you for a dance. . . .  ;)
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

OceanFlower

Sven2

Oh, wait, wasn't it you, Flower, the handsome devil I've been dancing nonstop for two nights?  ???
Do no harm

OceanFlower

first you make me wait now you make me jealous? just save the last dance for me darlin'!   :-*

did you check the vids with the dance moves??
OceanFlower

Sven2

Bravo, Zodzelig, thank you, alabanza!

I hope you wouldn't mind if I (as a self-appointed guardian and watchman of the BB) re-post your Salon article HERE in its entirety?
I am collecting all JFC related info from all sources in this place, for safekeeping, just in case the links cease to exist or stop working.

IF you mind, Zodzelig, just say so, and I will delete the post immediately, OK?
Do no harm

Sven2

MAY 6, 2011

I Will Go to Imperial Beach: Seeing "John from Cincinnati"
by Zodzelig

"What does it mean for an atheist to write that a one-season television series can serve as a novena against genocide, if only it is watched?  This is what I'm saying HBO's 2007 surf drama "John from Cincinnati" is: a 9-day 10-hour prayer for the intention of preventing a massacre of the world's Muslims, by breaking the fever of the so-called developed world that has held sway since 9/11 and exhibited itself in the celebratory responses to the death of Osama bin Laden. "

To read the rest follow the link below./b]

http://open.salon.com/blog/zodzelig/2011/05/06/i_will_go_to_imperial_beach_seeing_john_from_cincinnati
Do no harm

ZenOnMars

Wow!  Stunningly well said!

I am about to send the box set to a scientist (NASA consultant) and his wife (Doctor of nutrition and holistic arts), and I was going to try to craft a letter that could prepare them for JFC.  To athiests and scientists, a good book to read is "Rolling Thunder" by Doug Boyd.  It is the chronicaled healings done in the 70s by a Shoshone tribal medicine man named Rolling Thunder, in front of hundreds of doctors (MDs and PhDs) at the Menninger Foundation in Topeka Kansas.

If the western mind can "believe" that even miracles are understandable, (requiring perhaps science advanced past current levels), then the possibilities of the John From Cincinnati mythos pop into very real allignment with our troubled world.  If so, folks like Zodzelig, and everyone here, can take the "leap of faith" into the New Golden Age promised in all of our ancient myths.

zodzelig

Thank you Sven2 and ZenOnMars. I'm happy to have the entire essay here as part of a comprehensive JFC archive.

HOWEVER: Could everyone who reads the article here please click on the link anyway? "Open Salon" is Salon's blogsite and it automatically counts the number of times an essay is accessed. It will give me an idea of how many people are--might be?--reading it. Thanks again.

Neil Allen (Zodzelig)

zodzelig

ZenOnMars: Will check out the Rolling Thunder book—literally: my central library branch has a copy. Would not mind a new golden age at all...I'd take a leap of faith for that!

OceanFlower

Rolling Thunder aka John Pope cameoed in 3 Billy Jack films, hung out with Micky Hart of the Grateful Dead and Hart named an album after him. Dylan also named his mid-70s concert series the Rolling Thunder Revue after him and RT himself made several appearances onstage as well.  A totally far out cat no doubt. . . I think I still have paperback copy of his book somewhere in the archives around the house. . .   ;D
OceanFlower

ZenOnMars

Hey, get a load of the symbol carved inside a small shaft within the Great Pyramid of Giza:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028144.500-first-images-from-great-pyramids-chamber-of-secrets.html

Look carefully at the circular inset by the map.

:)
  l
^

Sven2

Yes, it looks like a stickman. Or a smudge. :P
Really, it's cool. Any thoughts on the image, Zen? How did it get there, what do you think?
Do no harm

ZenOnMars

I have NO idea!

But my instinct tends to steer me in a far-out direction.  I think it may be a symbol lingering in our "collective consciousness".  We may be carrying around "genetic memories".  Now what will bake your noodle later is this:  Did Milch "channel" a universal symbol from our ancient past, or did the pyramid builders intuit it from an HBO show that wouldn't happen for thousands of years? :) :) :)

Sven2

Good one, Zen!
Is that a fact that human figures with double size head appear in cave painting in Cro-Magnon era, and that a halo that saints are portrayed with are just helmets of space travelers?  8)
My take is - a stickman is a child's drawing, you remember your own, don't you?  ;)
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk