News:

Check our Marc Ostrick's new site JFCexperience.com for behind the scenes video not seen before and much much more!

Main Menu

In the Language of Music

Started by Jimmy Two Nutz, December 08, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Julian's back!  Yes, some of us still build our own computers   ;)  Here is this week's SciFi Pizza Friday tunes...  Yippee!

I probably sent this to you once before, but I have to send it again.

The Chicago group was dubbed "First Family of Soul" because of their successful five-year chart run; the moniker was later passed on to The Jackson 5.

OOH CHILD by The Five Stairsteps

This track "Sweet As A Peach" came out in 1970; same time and album as the previous track in "Ooh Child."

Hope this takes your groupies back to the good old early 1970s and blows their minds.

The 5 Stairsteps - Sweet As A Peach

I was trying to find the classic tune "Up & Down" by the Five Stairsteps for you to enjoy...

This is former member of the Five Stairsteps Clarence Newton Burke doing great justice to Sly and the Family Stone's tune

Clarence Burke-Five Stairsteps-Somebody's Watching You-Sly and The Family Stone

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Goovin' Tunes for this SciFi Pizza Friday...

Again from the one and only family of Soul. This one came out in 1969.
The five stairsteps - Danger she's a stranger

This came out as a single in 1966, it was written by the legendary Curtis Mayfield on behalf of the Stairsteps.

Have a wonderful Sci-Fi weekend.

The Five Stairsteps - Dont Waste Your Time - Raresoulie

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Never heard of them, thanks, Trishah. That reminds me - here's a song with the same title - "Never Heard of Dylan". C'mon, is there anyone, who never ever.....?

The Finest Hour - Never Heard Of Dylan (Radio Edit)
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Ahh...  Another SciFi Pizza Friday tune fest from Julian :D

This album came out in 1975 (Moonlight Serenade). A brilliant self taught pianist in the Bossa Nova mold.

Eumir Deodato - Moonligth Serenate

This tune is called "West 42nd Street" from the same 1975 album 'Moonlight Serenade'. Sounds like a film score, but I just love the rhythm.

Eumir Deodato West 42nd Street

This track is "Havana Strut." This is still from the same 1975 album "Whirlwinds."

Eumir Deodato is an xtra-ordinary producer who has written tracks for the likes of Kool & The Gang.

Deodato - Havana Strut

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

A day late for my posting these but I'm also a day late for my pizza so I'm having a SciFi Pizza SATURDAY instead :D  More good tunes from Julian...

You know this track... All the members of this group all passed away except the middle singer of the backing vocals (in dark blue suit - Abdul "Duke" Fakir).

"Reach out" to your loved ones during Post-Hurricane Sandy.

the four tops - reach out i'll be there.mpg

By the Four Tops on the 1974 album "Meeting Of The Minds" which is a very good album.

Just listen to the message... It's appropriate to those experiencing the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

FOUR TOPS Right on Brother 70s Soul

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Some cool tunes from Julian...  Whoo hoo!

I send you three great tracks all from Tavares' 1975 album entitled "In The City." This track "Nothing You Can Do" is lively.

Tavares - Nothing You Can Do

From the same 1975 album "In The City." This track was a real chart topper! You was dancin' to this tune in the disco clubs; while I was still absorbing my algebra lessons at school.

IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE - TAVARES

This is from the same 1975 album. This was a real classic in its time.

Classic Slow Jam Tavares - The Love I Never Had (1976)

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Another great set of tunes from Julian for the SciFi Pizza Friday..

Check this one by the band Bread featuring David Gates, one of my all time favourite songs from the "mellow rock" genre :

Make It With You (1970)

Bread Make It With You Lyrics

"Baby, I'm A Want You" is just fine.

Baby, I'm A Want You (1972)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_(band)

Bread - Baby I'm A Want You - Lyrics

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

My apologies, if the song's been already posted here.

Journey - Faithfully
Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Julian has been a little busy so he hasn't been sending my Friday videos for a few weeks.  Here is the one he sent for this week's SciFi Pizza Friday soundtrack... enjoy!

Steely Dan - Do it again
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk