News:

Find JOHN merchandise at Cafe Press!

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CissyYost

Hey Save, thanks for the calendar! what are we supposed to do with it? tell you? what days? I'm really looking forward to this..
It will be a spring cleaning for the mind and heart..

SaveJFC Admin

Add your screen name to the hours that you are NOT available.  Like you would do:

cissyyostNO in every hour that is not good for you.  Then I'll find a time when most people can make it.
Work here, Cass.

Patrick

Just dropped by the bar to say

HELLO  

SaveJFC Admin

Hey Myles!

Barry seems to be very busy.  Lot's of guest starring roles on hour-long drama shows.  Saw him 3 times last week alone.  Guess that's why he hasn't been around here, huh  ;)
Work here, Cass.

Patrick

OK, I'm here to tidy the place up a bit.
Hmm, new tablecloths, check. Well stocked bar, check.
Got some autograph pictures of the JFC cast for the walls, check.
Oh, the lighting, dim it down a smidge, check.
Hmmm, need a menu of bar food munchies... and a cook too.
Opps, forgot the polish for the bar rails....be back soon

Patrick

Just want to say Save, you made an excellent observation yesterday on the JFC threads 'Further days..'
I got to admit to getting riled up thinking the place was closing down
and yet I have not made any real contributions there.
For me lately, it's like the JFC boards are flatlining but I just can't bring myself to say, OK, pull the plug now, it's OK to move on and remember the good times there.
I dunno, maybe its just me, can't let go.

Bartender, hit me again, and make it a double !
.. no teddy, you've had enough.

CissyYost

Hey Patrick! It's good to come here and find you were here too! No posts at ep 10, guess I should look where rooms are still open.
Just wanted to say 'Hi'.
Cissy

CissyYost

If I had a crayon I would write KILROY WAS HERE...... :)

Patrick

Hello there !
Well SaveJFC, if you didn't already know, I think the last wave has come to our little home at HBO. We knew it would, They are redoing the whole Forum, we were notified that we would have to re-register come January 20, what they waited to do was to notify everyone at 5am on Jan 13 that the hbo forums would be shut down at 5pm and that no the current content will not be going over to the new forum, now my guess is, and I may be wrong, is that they may finally purge the old shows and forums. I can't say I blame them really since the Deadwood, JFC, Sopranos, SFU, etc have been off the air for years and the forums were more of just a social gathering that had not much to do with hbo shows, for those threads anyway. It was sad even though we didn't have much left at JFC, it was still a place for me to check in on these past years. It was like losing a friend at 5pm - no more.
So there's the scoop, Maybe they will bring back th forum but I don't expect it next week

Hope you are well and your endevors are successful !
Happy 2010 ! - Long Live JFC  O--<

-patrick

SaveJFC Admin

This is indeed a sad thing.  I am so glad that I did put this forum together as an alternative!  But it is sad that we will lose so much history.

If you want, I can recreate the most active threads we had over at HBO so we can continue them here.  Just post or email me a list of the ones you want to continue and I'll create them.   admin@johnfromcincinnati.net

OH...  It became available so I bought SaveJFC.COM for $13.95 a year.  So much for that guy wanting $4500 for it way back when!!!!!!!!

I have intentions to move the whole site to a new server soon but my free time for this is limited.  I will also update this forum software so we don't get all those spam PMs... ugh.  

Also, I was thinking that maybe we could do a yearly reshowing of it the same weeks it originally aired.  I still have the mailing list.  It's an idea to consider.

I love that there is still a core of us still in touch!  
Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

SaveJFC Admin

JIMMY!  There you are!  So glad you are still around!  We've missed you.

Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

I think it's time to have a viewing. ::)

Patrick

Patrick

TRISHAH,

Thinking of you today, Hoping and praying that you get well real soon.

- patrick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk