News:

Welcome to the JohnFromCincinnati.net & johnfromcincinnati.net forum.  An extraordinary show brought us together... Extraordinary people keep us coming back.

Main Menu

Barry's Bar & Motel

Started by FarleyFarls, December 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatangel

QuoteI miss all my friends......

I miss you too, MB! I've not been myself this summer, with Bitzy disappearance and Troy living for Basic Training on July 25th. I haven't heard his voice since he left! 1 postcard about a week after departure; no mailing address on that.. just a pre-printed "blue" card stating "THIS IS NOT YOUR SOLDIERS ADDRESS!" I received an actual letter on Thursday Aug. 14th dated the 8th.. he was excited! "I've been issued all my gear, got my M16 today, I'm excited!"... Now the hard part is just beginning for him, training and more training. But as he stated I should be "buff" when I get out of basic.
LOL kids? Gotta love em.

Love to all,

T

PS: Where is the bartender???? I'm thirsty! :o
"My Father freelances in Cass' camera." John Monad

raymac

What's a guy gotta do to get a margherita in this joint?

Jimmy Two Nutz

skordamou

I stopped in for a quick drink when I saw the site was down. Pass the tequila, it's gonna be a long night!  :P

SaveJFC Admin

The site was down?  What site was down?  SaveJFC or HBO?  

NOW I NEED A DRINK! 8-)
Work here, Cass.

Patrick

Barkeep !

Get these Ladies a drink , it's on Myles  8-)

chatangel

OMG! I am SO PISSED! No wonder you (Myles) wished Hbo admin a Merry Fucking Christmas yesterday!.. lol seems they're (hbo) trying to wipe their hands of JFC... wonders if it'll pop up on Showtime now? Since it's airing on Showtime in Australia in Jan the 5th to be exact! lol Maybe Showtime bought John and Milch.

CissyYost

Well, it's so nice to come here and see so many of us here!
My first post here I think. You know, I still wonder why there is no more JFC. So much is there. Seems a waist.
But it's still good to come here and see you all.

chatangel

I'll have a Roy Rodgers for tonight's viewing please... set up barkeep! Thanks really  hoping to see everyone there!
http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/chat 6p 7m 8 cst, 9 est! Que your dvd or dvr to the 1st note in Johnny Appleseed please.

Waterbroad

Hey, cool joint.   I hear John's Father is four walling this place.

I have a Roy Rodgers -tall.
The wise teach without telling, allow without commanding, have without possessing, care without claiming.

Patrick

I've sat Teddy on a bar stool with a shirley temple.

I'll stick with beer...bartender, I'll have a Sam Adams black lager,
and nice flat screen you got there, might I request JFC episode #7 please for Dec 13, I'm expecting friends.
Cheers !

Patrick

Hey Save and all
I just wanted to drop by, I think we all should now and then, to say Hello !
And I want to tell you, your respectful, yet unrelenting logic in tactfully handling the 'visitor' at the HBO JFC bulletin boards was brilliant.
I have to admitt that I am not as patient in dealing with someone like that and you did such a calm and smart way of trying to show why this person was alienating folks without being disrespectul to their views.
I bow down to you skills at debating  :)

I hope more of us remember that this site is here and we can talk here,
You and this site are still holding us together as a family, I hope we can hang in there. You all have helped me through a really bad 2008,
and I really mean that. When I think of the things that have happened
to me and the support that I have recieved that really made a difference, I wonder, What if you guys weren't here ?
I do believe it was fate that brought me to JFC, really I do.

Thanks,
patrick

CissyYost

What a good idea Myles! I have been wanting to say something to Save for her immense patience. Give to her my gratitude, for really giving it the old college try with the 'visitor', for reminding me that we are us, you know, Monadistas, and we are not our worse selves that the 'visitor' really can bring out, lives to bring out? Anyway, you are amazing Save, in your giving, and caring, you remind all of us, who we are, really.
Myles, I don't know either. Honestly, I don't know what I ever would have done this past year without you all. You've all been here, for the worst times and the best ones too, and without you all, I don't think I'd have made it through with Mom. So, Thanks! Thanks for being who you each are, and being here.

CissyYost

Four times? Okay, was scared for a minute, wasn't allowed to send you PM Save.. this is , maybe, 3? just taking up space folks, wanna be able to send or respond to messages.. pay no mind, please!

SaveJFC Admin

You are welcome Myles/Patrick.  I am sorry that I did not step in earlier when things started going haywire on the Politics thread.  OTOH, maybe she needed to establish herself the way she had before what I did could make an impact on her.  

So, if you ever have to confront this kind of situation again, and I'm not around, (1) have a clear idea in mind of the end result you want, and (2) let the person know in what way you are on their side, (3) focus on the behavior not on the content.

Now, I think we should go find those Monadista's that have been misplaced.  

Calendar for Retrospective
Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk