News:

NEW Media Gallery!  Add your images and then add them to your posts!  Enjoy!

Main Menu

Hit Or Miss II

Started by Sven2, August 11, 2010, 08:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Hi, Skor, being a night owl, I just saw your post and corrected the link that didn't work.
This is one of unpleasant and depressing movies, sorry for the comment, I didn't get past first few  scenes, so maybe I should stay silent.

I can't watch even something like "Never Let me Go" - these ideas are macabre and dehumanizing in my opinion, so sometimes reviews are all I do!
How are you - long time no see! How's school?
Do no harm

skor

The Scandinavian films are often bleak, sometimes their is a flicker of redemption, sometimes not. I enjoy them, the darkly humorous and the humorless alike. "In a Better World" just arrived, I am looking forward to that one.

Sven2

"Memory of a Killer" - a good story, I think it's Belgian, not Scandinavian, but bleak alright.
Saw "Saint Ralph", a second cousin  of "Billy Elliot", some hilarious coming of age tidbits, with a soft religious aspect.

No time to speak of Weeds season, or Boardwalk Empire, or Breaking Bad. Is anyone watching those? Opinions?
Do no harm

OceanFlower

In A Better World was excellent... great flick! and as soon as I lose a few more pounds (lost seven per doctor yesteray) I'm stealing the main male character's look... white jacket with black crew shirt...

hey ya gotta see Hesher.. a very strange indie movie with Joseph Gordon What? from 3rd Rock, Natalie Portman, and Piper Laurie who is so old now i didn't even recognize her... 

sorry its the playoffs now only time for Big Bang Mike & Molly that kind of thing... peace and stay free!
OceanFlower

Sven2

Whah?  Flower, you LOST SEVEN  pounds in ONE day??!!! OMG, you'll make millions, let me market your diet for just one percent, eh? :D :D :D :D :D
You'd look dashing in a white jacket, Flower, extra pounds or not, Miami Vice style.
Glad you're OK.

"In a Better World" is at the top of my queue, as to Big Bang Mike and Molly - who the heck are those characters?

Do no harm

skor

I loved and adored "In a Better World." Then I watched "Brothers" also Susanne Bier, and after watching the Danish version I watched the American remake. It was as if they had erased all of the shadows.

OceanFlower

@sven: very funny! no it took me alot longer than one day to lose that 7 lbs believe me! with the low functioning thyroid its even more of an uphill battle... once you see the flick you'll see what i mean... when the dad walks into the garage to confront the mechanic he's wearing at crew style black shirt w/ either a white or cream colored jacket but not Miami Vice style.... you'll see... c'mon Sven you're scaring me The Big Bang Theory and the show Mike & Molly... the actress who portrays Molly just won an Emmy for her performance and i hear she's an absolute riot in Bridesmaids... M&M Monday night at 930PM right before Hawaii 5-0... Big Bang thursday 8pm....

@Skor: ok now i got watch Brothers... of course now that it's October i'll be on a monster movie kick all month!

oh BTW i finally broke down at got The American with George Clooney... I don't see why this flick was considered a bomb? first of all its shot on location in Italy... beautiful country.... George plays it very cool and laid back... I guess Joe and Jane Six Pak didn't like it because there weren't any explosions only one car chase scene not too much shooting... and gee you might actually have to have a brain to follow the story line!! but in my own humble opinion this may be the reality of how an actual hired assassin might live
OceanFlower

Sven2

May I suggest for you a Hawaiian shirt with green and pink stripes to go with the white jacket then,  my dear Flower?  :P

Sorry, I don't watch neither 5-0, nor Mike and Molly, although the latter seems interesting. Got to tell you, 2 hrs spent on Bridesmaids were some of the worst ever. I find most of Apatov's creations not funny at all and at times mildly disgusting. So is Kristen Wiig, the Braidsmaids main character, she simply can't act I think.

Saw the first episode of "Terra Nova" - Jurassic Park deja vu and the opening of "Homeland" on Show, some completely unbelievable details made me doubt it is worthwhile.

Other than that - life as usual, the autumn is advancing, leaves turning, air cooling, etc. My young dog is wild with excitement, too bad he can't run freely in fields and meadows, only walk on the leash in a city park.

Do no harm

skor

I want to see a picture of your new puppy, Sven.

skor

Yeah, Ocean, I really loved, "In a Better World", maybe one of my all time favorite movies. After that I watched "Brothers", the Susanne Bier version followed by the American version. The Danish version was so very much better, nuance instead of sledgehammer, but Jake Gyllenhaal was terrific in the remake. Then last night I watched "The Celebration", it came highly recommended but it was just too emotional for me, some parts were great other were simply too intense with screaming and all, the tirelessly dysfunctional family. Now I am back to "After the Wedding" and I am quite certain I will love this one. I've got enough Danish films lined up to last for awhile.

skor

Taki's in the hospital. I am sad and lonely.

OceanFlower

@skor: hang in there kid! you know we love you right? what's the weather like? go outside get some sunshine if any breathe take a walk... get moving!   :P

@sven: couldn't disagree with you more on Bridesmaids I LOVED IT! whenever i see "best comdy" "hilarious" etc on the cover i usually wind up sitting there stoned face for 90 mins... but not this time! c'mon the tennis match w/ AC/DC playing? the bathroom scene? the opening scenes at the bf's house? i guess i'm just easily amused! not to mention the two girls making out on the plane? this was like the female "Hangover"!! three thumbs up!!

also ya gotta watch 5-0 at least once... where else can you see a skinny asian chick take out a meth enraged biker bearing down on her at full speed on chopper with just a simple roundhouse kick dressed in nothing but a skimpy bikini???
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

forgot to mention saw Hanna over the weekend Hanna being played by the girl from Lovely Bones whew! what a flick a 16 year old killing machine but done well.. it's all about revenge! man Cate Blanchette (one of my faves) is a real evil villian in this and made her look almost like a CIA Stepford Wife! I hope they come out with Hanna Part 2! I had to go do some pullups after i saw this! LOL!   :D
OceanFlower

Sven2

Flower, I'm glad you have so much youthful  "frat house" attitude to laugh, but, my friend, bathroom humor never been my favorite. Though, recently I especially enjoyed "Flirting With Disaster" (for the umpteenth time!) and laughed at the first of "Hangovers", so I'm not completely hopeless in this regard.

Got "In a Better World", no one wishes to watch it with me - just a dog, who, I sincerely hope would fall asleep and stop bothering me, at least for a short while.

I'm reading "The Way" a novel about Jesus, who is - surprisingly or not, is portraited as an androgynous heir to the ancient tradition of worshiping Great Mother. You might relate to the idea, Flower, am I correct?

The dog shewed on it, being a hardcover, the library fine would be  $25. Maybe he needed a dose of "enlightenment". :D :D :D :D :D
Do no harm

Sven2

Skor, I'm hoping you are well and Taki is back home from the hospital. You know that I'm worried about you. Please, answer. 
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk