News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

A Bit of Everything

Started by Sven2, July 13, 2010, 03:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanFlower

it took me a minute to figger out we was talking about skin cancer; I have a kajillion hats but don't wear them! I was using sun block all summer but slacked off when fall hit.... now its long sleeve weather anyways pretty much.... let us know how it goeths Miss Lily!!  ;)
OceanFlower

Sven2

Me like, Mz.Lily, that would be your name, if you don't mind of course!
Hang on, kid, doctors are necessary evil  :D. Seriously, you should do just fine. The question though, is your state financially stable, so it won't cut essential medical services like my state did. Now there is a lawsuit: 10 hospitals vs state, - it's a mess!
Do no harm

Water Lily

No sounds good, Mz Lily......lol........ I had the biopsy, and quit the Dr. that was just stringing me along. (my thought) anyhow!  I hope I don't get a phone call, and the rest of my test come back and I can get on to some other health issues..... Flower its best to wear a hat all year round...  On the home front my brother Rich has been here for 2 months and has made our yard beautiful...but, yesterday he fell and hurt his arm, He's in the ER with my husband as I type getting an x-ray.. I might have him until the first of the year now... all have a blessed day.....MzL

OceanFlower

Yo Ms WL: what can I say? I'm an old school diddy bop rocker and its all about the hair! can you dig that? so that's why I am usually sans chapeau unless its blizzard conditions...   :P

@Sven: there is something severely wrong with this country right now! oh wait a minute! I know what it is! wasting millions upon millions of dollars on a stupid ground war that even Hannibal couldn't win while Americans lose their homes, their health, and their minds... i'm an old 60s street radical... maybe its time we took it to the streets one more time!

Power To The People where it has always rightfully belonged!   8)
OceanFlower

Sven2

These guys just fixed neon tubes to their arms and legs, but if someone had real "glow-in-the-dark" wetsuits, I think it would be hot. I wish I had the capital for a start-up!

Nighttime surfing with glowing neon suits.mov
Do no harm

OceanFlower

Nice!  8)

I heard they spotted a great white out near Maverick's recently... and maybe the start of yet another urban myth but down near Myrtle Beach some boaters claimed they were stalked by an 18 foot great white... their boat is only 20 feet so do the math.... story has it that the beast circled the boat about a dozen times and nudged it a few times with its snout.. they are curious creatures and this may be the result of years of chumming the sharks so whoever can get good film for shark week and these sight seeing tours... the sharks have now got it in their brain that boat = food... not good!! the great whites are in migration now so anything is possible... luckily for us humans they usually travel alone...
OceanFlower

ZenOnMars

"We're gonna need a bigger boat!" ;D

OceanFlower

I saw the video on youtube yeah this one was a biggie for sure... they also interviewed an aquariam guy who commended the fishermen for not harassing the animal! LOL! OK you're in an 20 foot boat the white is 18 feet.... who's harassing who? LOL! Not only did the shark nudged the boat with its snout it turned around and gave the side of the boat a hearty tail flap which i believe is shark language for get off my cloud this is my turf... I read Susan Casey's book Devil's Teeth about the studies on the great whites on the Farallon Islands (sp?) which as she says is about the distance of a pizza delivery off the coast of San Francisco but you just as well might be at the ends of the earth... they are interesting creatures not that i would want to meet one but anything that can remain intact on this planet for 6 million years or whatever virtually unchanged and still the kings and queens of the ocean blue has got my respect no questions asked!!
OceanFlower

Water Lily

:) Recycling a 3-foot-high stack of newspapers can save one whole tree......

Sven2

Thanks for the good thought!
Not to worry, Mz.Lily, newsprint is getting obsolete quickly, replaced by online magazines and the infamous APPS for smart phones. I'd get me one of those, but would it save trees, I'm not that sure.
If you order anything from anywhere online - remember it'll come with tons of cardboard packaging.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

hey gang! whew.... been busy... then got sick! i haven't been this sick in a long long time... i can usually tough it out but not this time (old age?)... i.m on the verge of calling out for the third day in row... totally destroyed my perfect attendance record!  hey celebrated twenty hears sobriety over the weekend.. no hot toddies for me! peace and love to you all!  :-*

ps crazy article in surfer mag re: Imperial Beach...  Shaka
OceanFlower

Water Lily

Just a thought Sven..We recycle aluminum cans. Mostly for school fundraising, etc.. Ocean I wondered why you have not posted. Stay welll. Both of you...

OceanFlower

@Water Lily: our company did a thing where they collected just the pop tops off cans for the Ronald McDonald house....unfortunately here in the flatlands of North Carolina there isn't what i would call an aggressive recycling program... the city of course picks up paper aluminum plastic etc at the curb.... but not bottles or cans or plastic on an individual basis like those self serve machines... here at the apts no recycling whatsoever and feel guilty as hell about it but on the 3rd floor i don't have much room to be stockpiling bottles and what not.. plus in the summer when its 116 degrees there's a lot of strange varmints and insects that come lurking up from the creekbed.. i already had a huge raccoon try to get into the house once!

I am now on my 4th day in row out sick! i don't what this crap is but it really sucks! woke up at 1am with coughing spasms that just would not quit... never really got back to sleep.. now i have no recourse but to go to the doctor what a hassle!!

say what you will about the Super Bowl (i always likened it to the spectacle of Rome) but so far here's the fallout: MIA gives America the finger, Gisele gets into a catfight with one of the QBs, a CNN commentator gets suspended for his alleged homophobic tweets re: Beckham's undie ads... and the beat goes on! 
OceanFlower

Water Lily

i hope you get to feeling well , OceanF.  That's exactly why we started saving aluminum the school is having fundraiser for St. Jude. I save every tab off the can and we turn that into the school, then exchange the cans for cash and give that to the Ronald McDonald house at the end of the year. Hope all are Healthy and happy.....Peace

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk