Originally aired: Sunday 10 June through Sunday 12 August 2007

This topic contains 135 replies, has 22,694 voices, and was last updated by  Sven2 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author

SaveJFC Admin
    Keymaster

I have increased the size allowed by another 6000 characters.  That “should” be enough for even you prolific writers… but we’ll see… ;->

Sven, now that you are a moderator, do you have an “admin” button in the middle of the top navigation buttons?  If so, you could go in there and change things like post size yourself.  If not, I’m happy to continue to do these things.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Yes, I have the admin button, didn’t try using it yet.
    How do I minimize a picture?
    Still no luck with posting a picture from an album, ???

SaveJFC Admin
    Keymaster

This is a simple free image resizer site:  http://www.resize2mail.com

As for adding an image…

1. Make sure you have the full url starting with the “http” and ending with image name.  To be absolutely sure the url works, paste it into the address bar of your browser and see if the image shows up.  If not, you are using the wrong url.

2.  Once you know the url works, put the image tags around it.

I really can’t explain it any better.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, unfortunately something is broken in the media gallery. When I try to add a picture from my computer to an album, it says “an invalid code jpg”. The same message appeared when someone I asked to help (he knows programming) tried to add an image. Since all internet images are jpg, I don’t think it’s working. Maybe you would look into this problem? It seems that you could add anything, is that correct?
    Thanks! Have a great weekend. It’s gray and rainy here.

SaveJFC Admin
    Keymaster

Okay, the upload is working now. 

There was a list of file extensions allowed for upload and gif, jpg and png was not on it so I added them and then successfully uploaded a jpg to an album.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Experiment, just to see if the media gallery works.

Trish, you can open the post and see for yourself what is wrong. The image was just a cover  for an album, and adding to an album is still not possible, the same “wrong code jpg” message comes up.
    And anyone else, besides moderators, would need an approval, so that is another hurdle. (Perhaps it is necessary so as not to see some obnoxious pictures).

SaveJFC Admin
    Keymaster

UGH… ok, I think I see the problem…  The url for the images are not real web addresses, the software is creating them so there is no way for a browser to find them.

It’s taken me all night but this is the only solution I’ve found….  I’ve installed an additional gallery that is much simpler than the original one.  FYI: The other one is still there I’ve just changed the link.  Anyway…

This new gallery gives the actual BB code for each image so no mistaking what to put where.  Let’s see if this works.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

The new gallery exists, but there is no option that I could find to add or to open a new gallery.
    Experiment:
    This picture is the only one that has the codes. It works.
    Half way there!
    Trish, you didn’t have to stay up all night to work on that, a lot of pictures are on internet available and easy to post here. That problem mostly would have an effect on Waxon’s Trivia Game. Still, I understand the frustration it causes you, the pro!

SaveJFC Admin
    Keymaster

The reason I did it, is that things on the internet go down all the time.  We already lost a lot of the promo videos that were taken off of YouTube, so I wanted to collect our own images so we never lose them again.

Yes, with the new gallery, the categories have to be created by the admin.  I’ll keep looking for other options later but for now, at least we have a place to keep them safe.

The only images you can copy are ones added to the galleries themselves and not the category images.  You can use the one Jerri & Dwayne image bc it was placed inside the gallery.

I have added a “Waxon’s Trivia Game” category. 

Now I’m off to other projects…

Work here, Cass.

Waxon

Thanks for all of you work on this!  I will say that most of the pictures I have captured are on our facebook page.  I would love to preserve them here, but there are over 100 of them.  Not sure what your capacity is, Save. 

BTW, this site is awesome!  Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Bold: [b]bold[/b]
  • Italics: [i]italics[/i]
  • Underline: [u]underline[/u]
  • URL: [url]http://wordpress.org/[/url]
  • Image: [img]http://s.wordpress.org/style/images/codeispoetry.png[/img]
  • Image with Title: [img=Code is Poetry]http://s.wordpress.org/style/images/codeispoetry.png[/img]
  • Quote: [quote]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit,[/quote]
  • Quote Name: [quote=NAME]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet[/quote]
  • Quote Author: [quote author=NAME]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet[/quote]
  • Color using Name: [color="red"]named red[/color]
  • Color using HEX Code: [[color=#ff0000]hex red again[/color]
  • Strikeout:[s]striked this out[/s]
  • Center Text:[center]center me[/center]
  • Computer code:[code]function HelloWorld($greet = 'World') { return 'Hello '.$greet } [/code]
  • Font size: [size=10]10px font size[/size]
  • Ordered lists: [ol][li][/li][/ol]
  • Unordered lists: [ul][li][/li][/ul]
  • List Item: [li]item[/li]
  • Named Spoiler: [spoiler=two plus two]four[/spoiler]
  • Unnamed Spoiler: [spoiler]Boo![/spoiler]
  • Contents appear to logged in users only: [user]This is a secret message[/user]
  • Contents appear to non-logged in users only: [guest]Log in to see secret message...[/guest]