News:

Check our Marc Ostrick's new site JFCexperience.com for behind the scenes video not seen before and much much more!

Main Menu

Hit Or Miss II

Started by Sven2, August 11, 2010, 08:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanFlower

The Debt:: I tell ya the older Helen Mirren gets the better she looks! What a film! of course based on an Israeli film which is not available in US dvd mode drat!!

OceanFlower

wavewatcher

HUGO...All cinemaphiles will love this film, Scorsese's anthem to the origins of the moving picture. I would normally skip the 3D version of any film (opting for the 2D) but since this film was only shown in 3D, I donned the glasses and was blown away. The plot is fantastic and the 3D actually adds to the photography. No gimmickry here, the 3D blends right in and actually gives me hope as to what the future may hold for 3D films. Ben Kingsley is wonderful as is Sacha Baron Cohen and Christopher Lee. A real treat for movie lovers.

Sven2

Netflix is driving me crazy - waiting is way too long!
"Debt" was interesting  in places, the retro scenes and the young actress exceptionally good. What was totally unbelievable, that's quite an old Nazi doctor they show in the beginning, would survive until present time, what would he be now - 110 years old? 

Watched Helen Mirren in one of her earlier and weirder movies "The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover", didn't like neither the movie, nor the role.
Received "Anonymous", by Emmerich  (2012, Day After Tomorrow, etc.) something about Shakespeare being a fake figure, didn't watch it yet.

Flower, how are you, are you reading in bed, watching nekked women on TV already? Just kiddin'... Love ya, get well!

Do no harm

OceanFlower

i thought the Debt was supposed to be set in the 90s which would have made it a little more believable i guess... I loved The Cook etc

No i am out and about in the material world moving a litte slow tho
OceanFlower

Sven2

Recently saw "Texas Killing Fields", well constructed and skillfully shot, a little overburdened with clearly "southern" film-noir elements. Ami Canaan Mann, the director, just happened to be Michael Mann daughter - oh, those Hollywood dynasties! Father's hand/guidance is quite easy to notice. The pair of detectives, (one is Sam Worthington from "Avatar") are a very good match. Nice soundtrack, with "Mazzy Star" that I like.

Flower, you got some stuff left for the BB here, or spend all your bounty on FB? C'mon!
Do no harm

OceanFlower

haven't been social networking much at all lately....

Tower Heist: Not bad coulda been bettah tho

Big Year: bird watching competition comedy w/ owen wilson steve martin jack black  some funny stuff

and last but not least at movie Netflix recommended to me called Antichrist dir Lars von Trier w/ Willem Defoe and don't know who the starlet is... not what you think it is... one of the most bizarre pyscho sexual flicks i've seen...
OceanFlower

Sven2

Watched a movie about a Mormon type fundamentalist church/cult, "Follow The Prophet" with sick incestuous ideas. The film felt as if it's been made specially for the election year, anti-Romney sort. It was half action, half "expose" as it's called.

Saw "The Air I Breath", few disparate stories tied at the end, dark and with the good cast - K.Bacon, Forest Whitaker, Brendan Fraser, Sarah M. Gellar and Andy Garcia. Very violent but with an exit for some of the characters. I liked it.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

Just saw My Week with Marilyn.... wow!  :-* Michelle Williams is absolutely outstanding! being old enough to actually remember MM i started watching this with a very skeptical and critical eye but about a 1/4 of the way in i thought i was watching the real MM!  be sure to watch Michelle doing MM singing a love song while the credits roll at the end... amazing!  ;D
OceanFlower

Sven2

This thread was educational, fun and mustn't be neglected. I have found it useful just now, trying to remember a title of a book that slipped my mind, used Google, Wiki, etc, but to my great pleasure easily found it here.

To return to the topic - saw two of the latest blockbusters - Amazing Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises. Spidey remake is, despite getting good money at the box office, an abbreviated, rushed copy-cat with both leads unattractive - of course, it's only my opinion, but c'mon, Kirsten Dunst  kissing Tobey Maguire who's hanging upside down was unforgettably original and sweet.

As to the end of the Nolan trilogy - darkness has overtaken the story, overflowed the screen.  Besides, the ending is a call for a prequel or a sequel, forget Nolan's oath he's done with the Batman franchise.  Although, I agree, supermen don't die. One would only wish they could save us all, in real life.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Thank you, Sven, for your thoughts on the movies.  I don't go to theaters anymore and get to see everything 6 months or a year later on cable.  But I'll keep your thoughts in mind when I do get to see them.

Work here, Cass.

Water Lily

Chasing Mavericks Trailer 2012 Gerard Butler Movie - Official [HD]

Seen the trailer to this the other day on the TV...Wow, yes watching alot of TV lately.  Not much for going to theatre's, but will most definitely watch this on PPV.  In theatre's Oct 26...

Sven2

Wouldn't that be more like a hit, Mz.Lily? The Earth being the target?  ???   :o  :-[
Do no harm

Water Lily

::)You're right.. I am poor at keeping up with the news these day's.  I just read it was worse than first thought. 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk