News:

We now have TWO sites!  The original johnfromcincinnati.net  and the New JohnFromCincinnati.net.  Yet there is only one forum so it doesn't matter which site you are on, the forum is the same.  ENJOY!  and "Work here, Cass."

Main Menu

A Bit of Everything

Started by Sven2, July 13, 2010, 03:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

How far is from you to the ocean? I can get there in an hour, not shabby, eh? Don't mean to gloat, believe me, but I'd die in Kansas! And not only for the flatlands....
Do no harm

OceanFlower

2 1/2 horrible hours of driving
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

thanks skorda... very cool! glad to see you're back and your front too!   :-*
OceanFlower

skordamou

skordamou

Come and dance and love the fish, Mr. Disco summoned it!

Sven2

Need the best earplugs, to dance to that.

I can't watch anything on Vevo, a paid political ad with one of our local women-Repubs appears enticing me to help small business instead of big banks. Is she a small business too, I wonder? Guess not, a part of the juggernaut. In the morning pre-recorded messages from candidates rob of the precious sleep, papers switched from caricatures about BP to the imminent failure of Dems. Oh, let's skip the season..... 
Do no harm

OceanFlower

OceanFlower

OceanFlower

Szandora LaVey Doin' A Dance!

Quiet Village like you've never seen or heard it before I guarantee you! The band is the Tiki Yaki Orchestra... the dancer is the lovely and talented Szandora LaVey notorious infamous Satanist... a satanic surfer girl? Not sure... anyway she usually does her act with a hula hoop... no hoop this time.... so what can I say? Real women have curves and know how to use them! Now if I could just find this Quiet Village with the hula girls!!
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

"Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse." - James Dean

The Chicken Game

The first man who jumps is a chicken!

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?cid=21885

I can't believe they cut the actual fight.... but still a great scene!   8) 8) 8)
OceanFlower

OceanFlower

>:(

i cannot believe the local affliate bumped Modern Family last night to do coverage on the tornado that was ripping thru the state... wtf is the big deal? all they had to say was: OK all you honkies get down in the root cellar and start praying to your baptist god and go back to the regular programmed telecast n'cest pas??   >:(
OceanFlower

Sven2

So, did you go and did you pray? :D
No neighbors' roofs were blown off, I hope?

We are enjoying (I myself tremendously!) a sudden, unfortunately very short,  wave of hot weather, 72 degrees, it's at the end of October!
I have a tank top on, dreaming of moving some place without snow and ice, with no winter. Cincinnati, here I come,  :D :D :D :D :D

Do no harm

Cissy

I wish you could just move out here Svennie, you would be happy! We have libraries, I live 20 minutes from the ocean now, still working on that place up north with the redwoods, every day. That's less than 5 minutes to the ocean, and the storms that come in, come in wonderfully in their rush from the sea to smash into the mountain range. Awesome.
That place up home, an old friend, has re appeared in my life, old friend as in we've known each other over 50 years! EEK! Glad she'll never see this post! I told you all about her, how she was the only one in the group of her friends who told everyone to stop talking and just WATCH John when her friends didn't see 'it'. She was so happy to learn of us. She must have come back to me through Cincinnati, because, she's the how I make that place in the redwoods my home. Send to her your whitest light, she's missing a friend who's left for Cincinatti. 
A lonesome high
A funny time cry
The blues
The blues
The blues

laurel

Aww, come on Cissy find the poem? :D Hello svennie, I have had pneaumonia, not fun.  :-[ So haven't been doing much.
We did take our son to Branson Mo, for his BD, had a great time.... Next we head to Pensacola Beach Fl, to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom's nephew!
i can't wait. Don't care if 50 degrees or 90, just can't wait to show my son the ocean.
Hope all of you peeps are doing great! :D

Sven2

Cissy, 20 min from the ocean is marvelously close, and 5 min is a plain miracle; keep working on that place, it should be yours! Good luck.  Write more, here's a quote from your post, it's very well written: "The storms that come in, come in wonderfully in their rush from the sea to smash into the mountain range." We used to write and post on the BB, remember?

Laurel,
I hope you recovered completely. Take good care of yourself, your men, and your Mom depend on you. Any place that has "beach" in its name must be great, especially down South.  If that's the first time your son would see the ocean, he is in for a wonderful surprise, should never forget that Thanksgiving. Post something about Florida, you got sharp eye, and HAVE FUN, of course!
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk