News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

A Bit of Everything

Started by Sven2, July 13, 2010, 03:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurel

OUCH!, not a very nice picture at ALL Capn'
I have never been a whiner and never back down from a fight.. enough said!

Sven2

I would defend the nest with my offspring with my claws and teeth, Captain, as any mother would. However we perhaps should not turn to chaotic emotional invectives against all who don't share our point of view. Skor in large part expressed my thoughts, I only will add that a woman, by God's design, genetic makeup and upbringing is destined to nurture and save. If as a result of some unfortunate events a woman turns to murder that is the utmost tragedy. Let us be women. Calling for bloodletting is the last resort anyways, humans should use their minds, extrapolating the consequences of their actions.

For example, US government, Ronald Regan in particular, who blindly supported Mujaheddin against communist influence did this country a great disservice, the results are painfully obvious now.  There was nearsighted support at times of Iran and Iraq, gee, and the man is lauded by many for that too! Of course, the Muslim world has its own predicaments for disaster, too much must be factored in, hard to even begin.

As to survival in a hostile environment, history is a narrative of people perishing and surviving. The WWII blockade of Leningrad comes to mind and many a concentration camp. The end of human suffering in not in sight.
Do no harm

Sven2

I do not think you wish us that terrible end and I do not wish that on anyone.

Just saw in the search on the Net the title  "Glenn Beck -We need heroes". Something is very wrong here, those who fight with other peoples hands always want a war.
Do no harm

zippyfan

I finally get my sorry ass logged in and the good Captain is gone?   :(

OceanFlower

Kangaroo? Kirk? Bligh? ???
OceanFlower

zippyfan

America? Courageous? Video? Queeg? LOL...Welcome Back. What's the deal? From tough guy to a delicate flower? Nice

OceanFlower

I do not understand... I am OceanFlower...
OceanFlower

SaveJFC Admin

Captain Peace is one of our members who comes and goes.  Sometimes he's quite active and sometimes he takes a holiday.  You can look around the threads and see some of his work, but, unfortunately, most of his best work is gone.
Work here, Cass.

OceanFlower

The Captain has telepathically communicated with me from the Mother Ship... he will return soon renewed refueled refreshed and retreaded...  ;)

now in the spirit of the Captain let's get this party started!!   :P
OceanFlower

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

OceanFlower

Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - The Girl From Ipanema

A mid-summer piece of mellow from the past... man when Getz's sax comes in i still get the chills! Play it loud please!
OceanFlower

SaveJFC Admin

This is simply dreamy....

Bohannon - Think Of Me

And one more by the same artist...

THOUGHTS AND WISHES Hamilton Bohannon
Work here, Cass.

OceanFlower

Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz: THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA - 1964

a good thing is always worth repeating... wow that was a nice number save... never heard that one before!

now please look at this live performance.... a real woman, n'cest pas? no body piercings or tattoos or nearly naked costume... all woman brimming with talent and artistry! yeah like that! and stan wow!

they just don't make them like that anymore!
OceanFlower

Sven2

What, no more arguments, no passionate diatribes? A soothing music from now on? Come on, Flower, you know better!  :P
Do no harm

OceanFlower

is it the dog days of august yet?  i don't know just feeling the melllow of midsummer... i can't believe its almost over... sigh! altho where i live it stays pretty mild til end of october..... i had a dream last night that I was back "home" and i had planned to go for an afternoon swim at the beach after work... then i woke up and realized i was stuck in the flatlands.... living a nightmare!!
OceanFlower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk