News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

Anniversary Party Planning

Started by SaveJFC Admin, June 14, 2010, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Based on the suggestions I received, I've rewritten the invite.  Please let me know what you think...

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/newsletter/email_2010.08.02.html
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, that's lovely and very funny!
OK, what if you add "on behalf" though? And your title after that? "Cause "work here, Cass" is there out of the blue.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

Waxon

Looks fine to me, but don't be afraid to change anything you want or do a completely different letter.  You know I won't be offended. 

Sven2

Ready to go, Trish, looks good.

You had it stuffed with everything - sign up for this and that,  like Brothers Grimm tale about a tailor who killed 7 flies in one sweep. :D
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I think I'll leave it the way it is.  Good to have other voices out there.

Today, I've been moving johnfromcincinnati.net over to JohnFromCincinnati.net where I'll be doing all our updates from now on.  johnfromcincinnati.net will always stay here but won't be updated.

BTW, the forum over there is exactly the same one as here.  They both use the same database so it doesn't matter which one you use  ;D

I'll send out the invite tomorrow.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Done seamlesly, Trish.

Ha-ha - it  DOES look the same, so first I got confused being kicked out and having to log in again. Then I saw the new name. For some people that might be a surprise, but it's a nice surprise.

Just noticed on the site map "Stinkweed Monad Wetsuits" are listed twice. Tried johnfromcincinnati.net, it comes up second, good.
I see you are tying the old site to the new very well. Great job!
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Glad you like the look.  I'll have to take sometime to figure out how to change the new site's homepage to be more relevant to a general fan site...

OH... You may know that I REALLY REALLY don't like the word "Fan"  :(   But when I was creating the main site header graphic I couldn't come up with a better name.  And to leave it off just left a gaping hole that made the name look like it was off center.  So if anyone has any ideas what to say besides "Fan Site" I'd be very happy!  ;D

I fixed the "wetsuit" error.

I also moved the transcripts link to a more prominent position.

And I move the survey info to the SiteMap tab and added the Parade where the Survey was on the main bar.

I'll go work on sending out the invite now.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Okay, I think I have the new homepage for JohnFromCincinnati.net done.  Let me know if you see any mistakes that need correcting.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trishah, the front page with the big colorful and changing still shots and captions is mind blowing, it held me hypnitized for maybe ten minuts. Sorry, I was going to say how great it looks, but got tied up in ever changing scenery on the BB. Did you noticed the first prodigal son returning - Captain Lippy? I think he had something of a signature with the stick figure. The e-mail should bring more to the BB. I didn't try to log in into the parade yet.

Two things I'd like to mention. Once or twice the captions didn't match the picture, I don't remember where. See if you notice that. And why do you have a set date for the parade, 1-20? Would it make some innocent procrastinator or a busy guy/gal feel they came to the site too late for the promised fun? I'd leave the end date open. We can celebrate it like a "moveable feast" - all the time and everywhere.

Other than that - fantastic. I will enjoy watching our IB characters again and again. Thank you.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I'm glad you liked it. 

I worked quite a bit to get the captions and the pictures to line up and checked the transcript just to make sure.  But there could be mistakes.  If you can give me a description of the image and what you think is wrong I'll look into it.

And I'm glad you liked it!

Did you check out jfcexperience.com?  That's a trip too!

I set a date for the Parade because some people procrastinate and then never do it.  This gives a sense of urgency.  I can always change the scroller to something else but for now I think keeping the dates are good.

I spent the last day or more going through the videos page and downloading all the videos that are still on the web.  I never got the promo videos done by HBO.  Maybe farley still has them someplace?
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, I only noticed the black screen when a caption "Shaun in Barry's hallucination" appears, and in "Jennifer Grey as Daphne, Dickstein's fiancee" "fiancee" should not start with the capital F. That's about all.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I noticed also that the Shaun photo wasn't working.  It was a misspelling that is corrected now.  As is the other problem you noticed.  Phew!   :)
Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk