News:

Come participate in the 3rd Anniversary Virtual Parade! going on now!

Main Menu

Anniversary Party Planning

Started by SaveJFC Admin, June 14, 2010, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

I'm working on an idea for an "online parade".  I have a programmer who is more than half-way done with it.  All he needs to add is the registration/login to it.  It's really going to be cool...

I'm doing this on my own dime bc I have an idea on how to turn this into another business of my own.  Just using this as a test to see how it goes.  I'll keep you informed.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Took a step closer today to getting the online parade working.

I have the login system and the commenting system installed.  Just waiting for the final javascript to get completed.   Once that is done and installed all I have to do is design the look and it will be ready.  So I say it's over half-way complete.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trishah,

How is the mass e-mail  about the anniversary, did you hear from Back? If you didn't, maybe you would write the letter yourself? You are as good as he is, do not doubt that! I think we should set the time frame of the "parade" between now and August 12, the airing of the last episode.

Plenty of time to set the stage. "My Father fourwalls Barry's Motel", remember?
A totally crazy thought - we buy Snug Harbor from the bank that foreclosed it.   8) ::) :o
Agh, never mind!
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I was thinking the same thing about buying the Snug!  But we would need really really deep pockets!  Since it will take a lot to fix it up. 

Maybe we should find Barry and ask him if he'll do it?  :D
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

I'm working on our "Anniversary Parade".  It's coming together nicely but it's not ready for viewing yet.

But what I do need is the audio from the actual parade in Episode 10.  Maybe even as early as Bill directing traffic.  Would anyone be able to do this for me?
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Update:

Okay...  I have the beta version of our virtual parade for our 3rd anniversary celebration ready for testing.

Please check it out and use it (i.e., register and add to the parade) and let me know what you think. 

There is only so much I can do right now to make changes to it.  I already know of a couple of problems that, when the actual day comes to do the parade, I will have to manually fix them as they happen.  It's just too much money/time to make these changes right now.

Anyway...  Go get your limited-use permit and join the parade!

Note: Don't worry if you make mistakes.  I will delete the posts we create now before the actual parade.  Feel free to add whatever you want in order to test it out.

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/parade

Work here, Cass.

Waxon

Sven2

Yes, it does look beautiful. Could you sign in, Waxon? I tried last night, no luck.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

About signing in...

The parade is on a different login system.  IOW, it is not tied to the forum.  So you need to register first, confirm your email, and then login to add to the parade.

I had the choice of integrating it with the forum or keeping it independent, and I choose to keep it independent so that new people wouldn't get confused on where they are and what to do.
Work here, Cass.

Waxon

"There's a parade this afternoon down at the pier for Shaun and John. 3:30, 4-o'clock. Don't be no-shows. You're in it."

Dear __________,

Blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah blah... we're talking we're talking. You're listening, now you're listening. Look at the bears for a second. Look at the bear, look at the bear.  That's good. Hey, you wearin' them clothes to the parade?

"The end is near."  OK, so the end has come and gone, but fortunately we are still here!  

JFC.net cordially invites you to our On-Line Parade – celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the Stinkweed parade.  And, yes, you're in it (we hope!)  We need your ideas, pictures, videos, comments and anything else you may wish to contribute.   Our parade also celebrates the friendships, fun and intellectual exchange we enjoyed on the bulletin boards that once brought us together as we sought to understand the story, "John from Cincinnati" – which was so mysteriously intriguing and cancelled so abruptly.  

What lines from the show do you still think of or use in conversations?  

Have you turned on your radio and heard a song that takes your imagination back to Imperial Beach, CA?

Do you sometimes think of some of the many efforts to save the show – and laugh to yourself in amazement that you would follow or even be a part of such an endeavor?  

Truly, John, his father, his father's father and the many characters we so intimately befriended in our hearts, touched our lives in a special way.   Now we can revisit some old friends, and some old feelings in another creative endeavor by JFC.net.

The line and circle are big.  On the wall, the line and circle are huge.  Come to the parade and let the wave lift you up!

Sincerely,

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/parade/index.php

Submit ideas, thoughts, comments, pictures, etc to: admin@johnfromcincinnati.net

Sven2

Waxon, it is beautiful. Thank you. Suddenly it came back, flooding the heart, those three years. Was it for real, all that happened? Unbelievable. Don't change a word, it is perfect.
Do no harm

Sven2

Trishah, I just sent you a PM, don't know how fast it gets to you. It's about the mass e-mails, we have the letter now.
We can talk here, on the thread.

Just to let you know, the info about our parade (as a link) got into my alert on Yahoo, so it's good, we got some exposure.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Already working on it  ;)

Just want to make sure everyone is happy with this before I send it.  Please let me know what changes need to be made.

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/newsletter/email_2010.08.02.html

Oh,

And I did a little update on the parade site, so it should make it clearer that people must register before they login.  Also, made more notes so that, hopefully, the comments will format better.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, just read the letter. Should there be quotation marks  ("") in the third paragraph where Palaka words begin?

I understand the letter should be signed  somehow, not sure it is best with a singular name, even yours, such a respected and loved member of our small JFC community. Would it be possible to make it sound as a collaborative effort, especially that the forum belongs to all of us? The letter is an invitation of a group, written by one of us and the signature should reflect that, I think. By the way, knowing Waxon, I can surely say that he doesn't want any personal recognition, and of course, it's not about anyone in particular, it's about the whole group.

How should it be signed,  I don't know though. ("Preparation for the celebration of the millennium was a disgrace" just came to mind,  :D :D :D)

Some "Central Committee" - another scary thought  ???   :o.

Think about it, OK?
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk