News:

We've upgraded to Simple Machine Forum (SMF) for better stability and security... enjoy!

Main Menu

Technical Forum & Website Discussion Thread

Started by Sven2, June 09, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Hi Sven,

The activation is done by the user.  It's a double confirm, meaning they subscribe and then have to confirm the subscription. If they are not activated they haven't confirmed.  Feel free to delete these as they are just taking up database space :)

BTW, I just deleted all the spam subscriptions, in case you were wondering where they went.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

The Fund Update:

Domains were purchased this month.  Additionally, I was tardy in entering a contribution to The Fund in January 2017 as well as domain purchases a year ago (my bad).  I have corrected and updated The Fund spreadsheet accordingly.  Everything is now balanced.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Purchased another year for:  SaveJFC.net

Updated "The Fund" Excel accounting.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Hi All,

I discovered tonight that our forum gallery was so out-of-date it was a security risk and was not working.  I went threw the steps to move it to a new gallery. It had a function to import the old gallery so I ran that option... unfortunately, nothing transferred.  <heavy sigh>  I'll keep working on it because the images are still on the server.

Also, just for Sven ;), I added a simple audio and video embedding mod.  Here is it's description:
QuoteAn auto embed media modification for SMF that takes links for popular video websites and adds a player directly into the post or bbc area of your website
So, all you need do is post the link and the video or audio should just show up.

Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Wowza!!!

I spend about five minutes posting a vid the old way, will try the new link ASAP.  Today!!!

Many many thanks, Trishah!!!!! (Can you feel the excitement yet? :D)

Don't worry about the gallery, no rush to fix it.
Do no harm

Sven2

Trishah, unfortunately I can't post any video now. Using simply a link as you suggest, doesn't work. And the YouTube embed tool doesn't work either.

Please advise.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Purchased another year of the following domains:

johnfromcincinnatiblog.com
thesnugharbormotel.com
johnfromcincinnati.net

And I updated The Fund Excel file.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Purchased another year of the domain:  SaveJFC.net for $12.95.  I have updated The Fund and the Excel spreadsheet.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Purchased another year for both domain names: DeadwoodChronicles.com and CalamityDan.com

The Fund numbers and Excel spreadsheet have also been updated :D
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Domain Update:  We have purchased the following 3 domains for another year: johnfromcincinnatiblog.com, thesnugharbormotel.com, and johnfromcincinnati.net  The Fund numbers and Excel spreadsheet has been updated.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Hi All,

Hope you are well and happy. 

Just a note to let you know that so far this year we have used The Fund to renew 5 domain names for another year: 

The other domain we own are:

The total in The Fund currently is:  $143.48.  We might want to consider letting a couple of these domains go in order to save money.  Let's discuss...
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

I vote, remotely, :D to stay on course. We can vote by mail, absentee ballot or in any other way!

Will $143.48 be enough to pay for one more year for all the domains and this site maintenance?
If not, how much is necessary?

P.S. We need more emogies, the selection is too limited.
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk