News:

Come participate in the 3rd Anniversary Virtual Parade! going on now!

Main Menu

Technical Forum & Website Discussion Thread

Started by Sven2, June 09, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Trish, the sound in the videos is breaking up, that was not happening when I first posted them. Is that my computer (although I have FIOs), YouTube or is that something else?
Would you, please, check?
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Videos are not breaking up for me.  Could be your computer or the connection at that time.

In order to add an image to a post you need to do the following...

1. Copy the image url from it's page in the gallery:

2. In the post use the "Image Tag" button:

3.  Paste in the url from Step #1:

And... Wah-Lah...  Image added to post  :D

Work here, Cass.

Waxon

(testing)
Round 7 Question 9: Who's hands are these?

Sven2

I swear I did all the same, Trish, and have got (grammar?)only a link :-[

You guys both are way ahead of me!

Now, how to make those images bigger, let's say up to the size of videos?

And, Waxon, I'd say it was Moana, but I'm not sure.
Do no harm

Waxon

Ding Ding! Correct. 

( I used the pic from FB)

Sven2

So, Waxon, is it easy to post those pictures here?
Would you like to open a thread for the trivia? I think this "bar" thread is good for general conversation, however, since the BB is not exactly crowded yet, that is not important.

I cleaned up my profile and will not post on FB anymore, done!

I am an idiot, I posted the page link instead of URL. Of course it wouldn't work!
Thanks again, Trishah.
Do no harm

Sven2

What the hell's happening? The threads multiply! Besides I didn't open any of them myself! Trish, if that's you, have pity, I'm losing my mind, ahahaha ;D

But- I still can't manage to post a picture of Butchie, no luck with any others. I add to the album and that's all I can do. Maybe I'll try tomorrow, with clear head.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

There is a mod that will allow someone to post large images but only show a smaller one on the post.  You have to click a link to enlarge the image:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1197

But I couldn't find anything to enlarge images on the forum itself.  But there are online image resizers that you can use:

http://www.resize2mail.com
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Sorry if I'm confusing you.  I just now learned how to break off part of a thread and create a new thread out of it.  But it takes the name from the post of the first person in the split-off posts as the thread creator.

Hey we are all learning!  Sleep well.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

One more problem: when I was "beautifying" archived episode 18 (I know someone who needs to read it here), it exceeded the limit. Would you increase that a little bit, please, just in case.
That's all for tonight. I am so glad I have time off, good to learn something useful.

See you tomorrow. Glad you wrote to Back.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

I have increased the size allowed by another 6000 characters.  That "should" be enough for even you prolific writers... but we'll see... ;->

Sven, now that you are a moderator, do you have an "admin" button in the middle of the top navigation buttons?  If so, you could go in there and change things like post size yourself.  If not, I'm happy to continue to do these things.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Yes, I have the admin button, didn't try using it yet.
How do I minimize a picture?
Still no luck with posting a picture from an album, ???
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

This is a simple free image resizer site:  http://www.resize2mail.com

As for adding an image...

1. Make sure you have the full url starting with the "http" and ending with image name.  To be absolutely sure the url works, paste it into the address bar of your browser and see if the image shows up.  If not, you are using the wrong url.

2.  Once you know the url works, put the image tags around it.

I really can't explain it any better.
Work here, Cass.

Sven2

Trish, unfortunately something is broken in the media gallery. When I try to add a picture from my computer to an album, it says "an invalid code jpg". The same message appeared when someone I asked to help (he knows programming) tried to add an image. Since all internet images are jpg, I don't think it's working. Maybe you would look into this problem? It seems that you could add anything, is that correct?
Thanks! Have a great weekend. It's gray and rainy here.
Do no harm

SaveJFC Admin

Okay, the upload is working now. 

There was a list of file extensions allowed for upload and gif, jpg and png was not on it so I added them and then successfully uploaded a jpg to an album.
Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk