News:

We've upgraded to Simple Machine Forum (SMF) for better stability and security... enjoy!

Main Menu

Surf's Up, Brah!

Started by Guest, June 04, 2010, 04:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Open a new topic, you know how. Be a trailblazer, man!
Could you also pick just one video to go with the scene,  that'd be better than too many. Thanks a bunch!
Do no harm

Sven2

Captain, as you requested, your wonderful scene is now on the Write your Own Scenes thread, with the movie clip "Klaatu Barada Nikto."
Is that alright? It looks beautiful there! Hope there would be many more, don't limit yourself.
"This country is doomed, but go ahead, have fun" - Bill Jacks

Thank you very much for your contribution, it warms my heart - your kindness and creativity!
Do no harm

well so far you seem to be the only one....

Sven2

Nah, build it and they come, don't doubt, Captain. I like fooling with I-ching, helps me concentrate on my thoughts, the"difficulties at the beginning" came up when I threw coins about the BB.

Just for you - to honor the thread you started.
Surfer Blood - Floating Vibe
Those guys probably should rename their band "Surfers Blood and Oil", or something. They are from Florida.
Do no harm

Waxon

Quote from: captpeace on June 08, 2010, 03:49:31 AM
well so far you seem to be the only one....

I like all your posts,  Mon Capitan!

u r 2 kind...

i think my previous comment was misunderstood... what i meant was the bb doesn't seem to be getting much traffic as a whole...

The Surf Coasters - Tsunami Struck

hey nice music clip.... try this one on for size...

Sven2

Captain, did you read "The Dogs of Winter"? Is it worth the time? Some say it's the best of Kem Nunn. What do you think about his prose, if anything? I've read a review, looks like it's in "The Road"territory.
Which one of Nunn books would you recommend?
Do no harm

captpeace

from what i recollect it is not like The Road at all... yes i would definitely recommend it...

skordamou

very cool! but knowing what a dirty old man i am... did you happen to notice where the guy's hand is when hoists her up!  ;D LOL!

skordamou

Sven2

Captain, is that what you wished to post?

But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles

--Bob Dylan

(Doesn't match your new avatar, if you ask me - you have very eclectic taste)

Try posting a link again, click on the picture icon and post a link between the parentheses. Trishah could explain it better, of course.

Do no harm

Sven2

Paddle surfing in taapuna

The oar helps keep balance, is that right? Why's that suddenly declared a new sport, it's been around for few years at least.
Do no harm

Sven2

Like a pebble thrown in water, the waves go out farther. JFC effect.

" Billy Yeager's Jesus of Malibu

August 04, 2010

In a style of film making more akin to John from Cincinnati or My Own Private Idaho, Jesus of Malibu joins the rather small and exclusive list of surf related feature films such as Big Wednesday, In God's Hands, and North Shore.

Jesus of Malibu is the feature film written, produced, directed, and performed by husband and wife team William and Anais Yeager who spent the last 5 years developing their unique story.
The films story and development began 6 years ago on a surf trip to Costa Rica , where Yeager fasted in the jungles for 30 days on nothing but water, spending his time alone in solitude trying to decide what his next project would be about.

Yeager thought to himself, what if Jesus was to return to modern day times, and what if he was dismayed at the condition of the world and didn't feel like witnessing to the lost, but only wanted to surf? As a surfer he witnesses crowded line-ups , sticker covered boards, competitions bad vibes and water pollution, and so for Jesus of Malibu, the ocean, surfing and Malibu is just a distant memory.

As a humanitarian, Jesus of Malibu feels that the world has gone mad, and he wants nothing to do with it, instead he creates a pirate radio station tapping into the radio airwaves where he rants on his desert radio show about the freedoms, (and lack of) , stupidity, apathy, and ignorance of man.

2010′s version of a modern day prophet.

William Yeager; " The films character Jesus of Malibu, would be an incarnation of Miki Dora meets Howard Beale from the movie Network, with a splash of George Carlin".

http://www.driftsurfing.eu/index.php/archives/6162

Jesus of Malibu

Jesus of Malibu Feature Film
Do no harm

skordamou

Don't do that. From what I remember, what you were writing was quite different.
And BTW, where is what you were going to send to me?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk