News:

Welcome to the JohnFromCincinnati.net & johnfromcincinnati.net forum.  An extraordinary show brought us together... Extraordinary people keep us coming back.

Main Menu

Further Days of JFC, His Visit, Episode 19

Started by Sven2, June 03, 2010, 08:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

Ahem, Flower,  8) where is your scene? Lost on translation, pardon, in transition?
Do no harm

OceanFlower

OceanFlower

Sven2

What is "ob-scene", a pun? Thank you, it is funny, but I meant the missing, deleted one. Did you find it? Please, look for it.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

if i remember correctly that was a little overboard... your words... right
OceanFlower

Sven2

Is this argument leading somewhere? Do you have the scene or not? Can you recreate it or continue the scene with Vietnam Joe? If you want to quote my comments, I can as well remind you your promise to restore the scene.
Dear Flower, please, the scene should be here. That would be splendidly marvelous if you could post it! Thank you very, very much. (Is that working :D?)

Like your scene, I know that the story of John's visit is alive somewhere, we just got to find it! Or at the very least not to lose what we have.
Hate entropy.
Do no harm

OceanFlower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXHQKJwOMA
Vietnam Joe:[/b] Bill, when's the first time you actually saw pot?

Bill Jacks: The first time I busted one of you longhaired hippie bums when I was rookie.

Vietnam Joe: Oh man, you are so fucking square, you know that!

Bill: And proud of it!

Joe:
Man, the first time I saw pot I was still in high school. This had to have been 1963, '64. I couldn't have been more than 14 or 15 years old at the time.

Bill: Jesus Christ Jesus Christ Jesus Christ! You were smoking pot at that young age? That explains a lot.

Joe: (laughing) No man! I was scared shitless actually.

Bill: Whaddya mean?

Joe: Well, back in those days the general belief was if you smoked marijuana, before long you'd be shooting heroin too. I didn't want to turn into no junkie. Besides I'm deathly afraid of needles. Anyway I'm sitting shotgun in a souped up car with an older cat named Benny out in the high school parking lot waiting for some chicks, right?

Bill: Of course, what else?

Joe: I mean this is long before the hippie love and peace days. We're still diddy bopping around with our duck tail haircuts trying to look tough, getting into fights, beer blasts down at the beach, that kind of thing.

Bill: So you weren't the president of your class I take it.

Joe:  Fuck you, Bill! Anyway, Benny pulls out the skinniest joint I've ever seen from his shirt pocket, lights it up and takes a really deep drag and blows the smoke in my direction. It kinda smelled like the herbs my mom used to put in the Thanksgiving stuffing.

Bill: Maybe it was.

Joe: I've often thought that myself. Anyway, Benny offers the joint to me and I just shook my head no thanks. He shrugged and laughed and finished it off himself.

Bill: Sounds like a fine example of a real upright standing citizen.

Joe: Kinda weird that I went from a scared shitless little kid afraid to take a hit off a skinny joint to a first class drug smuggler.

Bill: Smuggler?

Joe: Yeah, man, right after I got back from Nam. Fuck working for the man!

Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
OceanFlower

Sven2

A volcano in Alaska, an earthquake in the deep benthonic canyons of the Pacific, these are what bring huge swells into IB. There is one happening right now. The beach is flooded with police, city park rangers, lifeguards all in a concentrated effort to prevent anyone from entering the water, especially if they're carrying a surf board.

And through this rabble, two men and a woman clad in black wetsuits walk unmolested to water's edge virtually unseen, invisible.

Butchie: Fucking huge!

Kai: Monsters!

Butchie: Ready John?

John: Ready already!

Butchie: (reaches down and unhooks the leash from his short board) No leashes today!

Kai and John follow his example. They paddle out letting the waves wash over them, sometimes sucking them back just as far as they've come.

Butchie: I'm glad they got the beach closed or we'd have to deal with those bedwetting tow-ins. The only thing they know how to do in a real wave is piss in it!

John: Piss in it.

Kai: Don't piss John. It'll draw the sharks.

Once they're on the outside, it's almost peaceful. The great humps of ocean swell push them up high. It's on the downside that gets scary. Now they are surrounded by two great walls of water. It's only on the upside that they speak.

Butchie: How many is that babe?

Kai: Seven!

Butchie: Two more! We take the ninth wave. It's always the biggest.

John: The ninth wave.

Kai: Eight!

Butchie: Fucking-a! Look at it!

The wave has blocked out the sun, cursed the air into stillness, a vacuum of waiting. The trio get into position. Butchie and Kai extend their arms, clasping hands, interlocking fingers.

Kai: John! Come closer!

John paddles over to Kai's other side and they grab each other's hands. Prone on their boards, each connected to the other, silent in an eternity of brief seconds.

Butchie: (glancing over his shoulder, calmly states a pure fact) It's here.

They release one another and jockey into position so they won't collide. They pop up and the wave lifts them like the hand of a god. But it has outsmarted them. It's too big, too strong. Like a wild horse it cannot be broken, it refuses to be ridden.

Butchie:( screaming over the roar) Too far out! Too far out!

The noses of their boards pearl almost simultaneously, balance and footing evaporate and they bail trying to get as far away as they can from their boards. The wave slaps them down like a dealer slapping a card. It buries them deep into the boil with murderous intent, angry like a girlfriend that's just found you in bed with her sister.

Kai: So this is what it's like to die. Damn! I hope they do my hair right!

--congadrumbum

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUT TO BILL JACK'S HOUSE.

Vietnam Joe closes his eyes and slumps uncomfortably on the couch, his body is leaning over the armrest. Shaking his head Bill Jacks turns and walks to the table with Zippy's cage where Alejandro is still staring into space. Bill waves his hand in front of Alejandro's glossy expressionless eyes.

Bill: Are you done screwing with him, Zip, monkey face, master magician as you are.... (to himself) Jesus Christ, I bet the boy is watching the movie of his life, back and forth!

Returning to Vietnam Joe, Bill lifts his legs up on the couch; without waking up, Joe sighs and stretches out.

Joe:  Right, no atheists in foxholes, sergeant!

Bill sits down on the couch next to sleeping Joe.  Slowly the orange glow is filling the whole house; everything in it taking on undefined, amorphous shapes.

As Bill begins to climb the spiral staircase, the light intensifies, falling down in a cascade of white fire. Upstairs, Bill, with Zippy on his shoulder, stands looking through the small window, the light dances in the room.

Bill: As we were, Lo, our young ourselves, still treading water....

John: Confirm the sight, trooper! (He looks at Bill through the binoculars he takes from his pocket)

Bill: (turning around and smiling) What you need is only an oar, my friend.

Slowly, Bill takes one of the two pillows on Louise's bed, tenderly fluffs the other pillow and goes downstairs. He places the pillow under Joe's head, then brings a chair and settles Alejandro in it.

Bill: What do I do with you? .... Zip, a chess rematch while we wait?

Roll the credits!

Whitestarr - Thank You
Do no harm

skordamou

Sven2

You are welcome.

Maybe they are just waiting for Godot. Or for Jessica Lange dressed in all white with the ready to fly away hat.
Or for a big wave to lift them up.

The final scene should be written by someone else though.
I have nothing more to say, I am done now.
Thank you.
Do no harm

Sven2

Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk