News:

Come participate in the 3rd Anniversary Virtual Parade! going on now!

Main Menu

Friday Good?/Earth Day/Oestara

Started by OceanFlower, April 22, 2011, 03:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanFlower

The dripping blood our only drink,
The bloody flesh our only food:
In spite of which we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood-
Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.

Four Quartets
T.S. Eliot

Ostara, also known as - Oestara, Eostra, Eostre was the pagan goddess of fertility and Spring, and the Christian festival of Easter derives its name from her.
Easter is calculated by the moon, and occurs on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the equinox.
This is the time when the young Sun God now celebrates a sacred marriage with the young Maiden Goddess. We celebrate the return of the spring goddess from her long season of dormant sleep.

The egg symbolized Eostre's wholeness and fertility - the female hormone oestrogen is named after her - and is offered at this equinox as a symbol of fertility and new life. The golden yolk represents the Sun God, its white shell is seen as the White Goddess.

I was born on Good Friday and my poor sweet dear departed Mother had such high hopes for me.... sorry Mom!

Earth Day: hmmmm.... shouldn't everyday be Earth Day? the other afternoon I was out taking my walk... the temps were hitting the mid-80s sun shining nice day.... and as I'm heading back to the apartment I'm behind a group of teenagers girls and boys both and as they are walking they are leaving a trail of candy wrappers, gum foil and god knows what else kind of debris and litter behind them... I couldn't contain myself and shouted at them why did they have to litter and throw their garbage on the ground... lemme tell ya these kids looked at me like no one ever tried to correct them before... I asked them if they lived here in the complex... No was the answer... so I said, Well I do so take a little pride in yourself and as I walked by one of the boys mumbled, What's that got to do with pride? and I responded by saying, It's got everything to do with pride and kept walking and I was about 10 paces in front of them now... one of the girls had gone back to pick up the litter and I heard one of the young males mumble something and the other boy laughed out loud... it was then the old street fighting neanderthal synapse clicked in my lizard brain and wanted to spin around on my 64 year old heels and say, If you got something to say to a man you say it to his face not to his back... but the rational Oceanflower that rides the wave of peace and love from within aborted that impulse and I just kept walking figuring it wouldn't look so good on the police report... 64 year old man tussling with a bunch of teenagers.... so anyway if just for today... you see some kind of litter on the ground maybe you could pick it up and put it in the trash can... or maybe spend not so much time online today and go outside and just breathe... read a book instead of tv.... write a real letter instead of an email... i don't know all you monadistas are pretty smart you'll think of something... Shaka!  ;D

well no matter what your spiritual incline may be if any have a happy safe holiday...
as for me... I'm gonna eat peeps til i puke pink!  :P

Peace and Stay Free!

OceanFlower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk