The Further Days of John from Cincinnati, Days 10-17

Started by Sven2, February 26, 2011, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven2

(Sam Hostetler arrives back at the shop and slides the large steel door a little wider as he walks in to where his boys and apprentice are busy on the flagpole)

Samuel V: It's gonna work, isn't it?

Sam:
Yep boys, and guess what? Yer grandad set that shaft for whatever pole used to be there; that pole you're working on there is going up in the very same place.

Samuel VI: Are you going to give it to him pop?

(All works stops on the flagpole, the apprentice shuts off the grinder and sets it down to hear the answer)

Sam: Boys, you know we have to. My brother making that lighthouse for that school was one of the finest things he ever did make, and you know how much it means to me now that he's gone. But something about this place I just been... Some thing going on there, I got a good feeling about this place.

Samuel V: Like you had last night?

Sam: Yes son, just like I had last night. It just wouldn't be right to put that flagpole up without your uncles lighthouse on top. You go get it out of the office and bring it in here. And I want you boys to
polish it up good. I'll see about getting it to light again.

Apprentice:
Good thing I hadn't got around to cutting that mount off then?

Sam:
Good thing. (Sam inspects the work and nods his approval to the young man)

(Sam's two boys run into the office and clamor against each other to reach a bronze lighthouse about three feet tall, exquisitely detailed, from it's place on the top shelf above their dad's desk. Together they carry it out to the shop and set it down in front of their father.)

Sam: (Smiles and sets his hand on top of it) People are gonna see this light again for miles around! Make it shine boys, make it shine!

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------------

(Face down in bed, right arm crooked above his head, Butchie lifts his left hand, dangling over the side, and scratches his naked lower back. He swings his right arm down, to the empty spot where Kai should be. Her absence further rouses him from sleep.)

Butchie:
(Lifting his head, he brings his arms under his chest, props himself up, brushes his hair behind his ear, and looks around) Kai? Where the fuck are ya?

(At the other end of the trailer, Kai sits in a chair by the table, legs drawn up, looking over the Billabong Tour Map.)

Kai: Huh? (She turns her head toward his voice) I'm over here.

(Butchie rolls out of bed and swaggers over to her. He pulls a chair up beside her, and sits his bare ass down, lifting one leg up to the seat to hang his elbow off.)

Butchie: What fuckin' time is it? (peeking through the window blinds next to him) Shit, it's dark outside. Do ya think Shaunie and John are okay at the motel by 'emselves?

Kai: Freddy said he'd keep an eye on 'em.

Butchie: Yeah, but we can't just fuckin' leave 'em alone every fuckin' night. There's no fuckin' tellin' what kinda shit those two piss-pots'll get into without some goddam adult supervision.

Kai: I'll be gone next week anyways.

Butchie: (Ingoring her last comment) We'll just have'ta fuckin' get our own room at the hotel. Ramon's been cleanin' out Room E.(He yawns) Fuuuuck...let's go back to bed.

Kai:
I can't sleep.

Butchie:
What's wrong?

Kai: Nuthin'.

Butchie: Whatcha lookin' at? (He leans toward her and throws his other arm around her chair)

Kai: The tour map. (She leans into him)

Butchie: (Looking over the destinations) Right on! Bali, Sumbawa, Sumatra! Fuck! you're making me hard!

Kai: Literally, I see. (She wraps her hand around his manhood)

Butchie: (Reacting) I got wicked fuckin' morning wood. Awww...owwww..don't...don't be startin' somethin' ya ain't gonna fuckin' finish, Kai.

Kai: (She releases her grip and takes the map in both hands) Sorry, dude...you're gonna have to give yourself a happy ending this time.

Butchie: Fuckin' cocktease. (He leans forward, kisses her on the cheek, and walks back to the bed. Lying on his back, he takes his shaft in his hands and looks back to Kai.) At least give me somethin' to fuckin' work with.

Kai: Looks like ya already got somethin' to work with. (She smiles)

Butchie: Give me some fuckin' inspiration then.

Kai: (She turns her head back to the map, seemingly dismissive, then folds it up and rises to her feet. Her naked body is barely covered by his black, stickman t-shirt, through which Butchie can see the contours of her nipple piercings. She walks toward him, slowly, teasingly, stops at the bed and pulls the shirt over her head, exposing her naked curves. She looks at his hand, encouraging his monster). Let me show ya how to do that.

(Immediately limp, a surge of red runs through his body. A swell of shame, overpowering and smothering everything else.)

Kai: (She straddles him) What's wrong? (She wraps her arms around his neck and presses herself against his chest)

Butchie: Nuthin' (Head hung, he pulls away from her)

Kai: Tell me.

Butchie: Christ, I said it was nuthin', okay?? (He throws her arms off him and makes to get out from underneath her)

Kai: (She puts her arms back around him and pulls him to her. She takes his face in her hand and kisses his right cheek, his left, the tip of his nose, his forehead, then his lips; resolute, softly, lovingly) Okay. (She cradles his head in her hands and kisses the top of his head.)

(Kai lays down on top of Butchie and they kiss passionately at first--his hands running up and down her back, her arms wrapped around his neck--then lightly, kissing themselves back to sleep in each other's arms.)

- Walkara

---------------------

(Driving west down Imperial Beach blvd in his pick-up truck, Bill converses with Zippy, caged, in the passenger seat)

Bill: Sorry, Zip. Trackin' Joe and his "friend" down will have to wait until after we fuckin' meet with the goddam Chief at the station. (pause) No fuckin' clue what Mr. Mandatory Retirement wants, but I'm inclined to think that he's found himself ass-fucked, intending to take further advantage of my years of experience in Imperial Beach, despite the goddam fact that he's solely responsible for forcin' me outta the fucking department. (Bill shakes his head) Time behind a desk leaves cocksuckers of his sort ill-equipped to take command on the goddam street. (pause) It's possible, considering my experience in zoning, but the fact that I was 'cuffed two days ago, for my attempt to establish some fuckin' order, gives me doubts on that score. Christ! for all I know, he could be calling me the fuck over there to inspect that goddam fruity dog's "fulminating fungus." I ask ya, Zip: what kind of self-respecting Officer of the Law wants to be seen cradling a poofy, goddam poodle around town?? And he's the fuckin' Chief! Jesus Christ! A person would never guess that the soft, old man lugging the fucking pom-pom around used to be a street cop in New York City. Thank God Sipowicz isn't around here to see what's become of him. Before being shown the damn door, I thought I was a lock for his job, but after my Lo got sick, The Job took a backseat--and I don't regret a second of it. But now that she's gone, God rest her soul, all the goddam free time is driving me fuckin' crazy. Hell, when a man spends his entire adult life honing his skills as keeper of the peace, it's not so easily fuckin' disregarded. Mandatory retirement, my ass! It's a goddam shame to let all my years of experience and decoration go to shit when I'm as sharp and able as ever to do my goddam job! (Listening) Alright, fine, Zip, have it your way: it's not my goddam job anymore--but it is my goddam job to keep an eye on that Yost boy, which is severely inhibited by my capacity as a goddam civilian.

(Bill pulls into the Sheriff's Department at the Veteran's Park and parks his truck.)

Bill: (looking back at Zippy, right before he closes the door behind him) You want me to crack the window for ya?

Zippy: Squawk! (Zippy nods)

(Bill cracks the window, closes the door and walks into the station.)

- Walkara

-----------------

(Spooning, Linc and Tina lay in the hotel bed, asleep. Linc's right arm is tucked under Tina's pillow and his left is thrown over her side. The phone rings)

Linc:
Uhhhhh....(He reaches over Tina for the phone, and,straining, catches it and brings it to his ear, the cord falling across her face in the process) He...hello...?

Cissy: (in the phone) Rise and fuckin' shine, Linc! You're buyin' me a car today.

Linc: Huh? (He rubs his eyes and sits up, lifting the cord from Tina's face) Fuck...Cissy? Can't this wait 'til later?

Cissy: Hell no, it fuckin' can't, numbnuts! Mitch is god-knows-where with the fuckin' chemist, and I don't have a motherfuckin' car! Get over here and pick my ass up!

Tina: (Waking up to Cissy's voice through the phone, she sits up in a hurry, getting her hair tangled in the phone cord in the process) What's wrong, Linc? Is Shaunie okay? (She untangles the cord from herself)

Linc: (putting his hand over the receiver, whispering) He's fine. Fuckin' Cissy wants to go car shopping.

Cissy: (hearing a beep on her phone) Hold on for a goddam minute: I got another fuckin' call.

Tina: When does she want us to pick her up? (Tina sits up,throws the covers off her legs and sits on the side of the bed. She gathers her hair into a ponytail, grabs a clip from the nightstand and fastens it behind her head) I'm gonna hop in the shower.

Linc: (He reaches his free hand around her tight, toned waist and pulls her back to him, kissing her back and shoulders) I've got a better idea. (He puts the phone between his neck and shoulder and uses his newly freed hand to turn her around, facing him. He kisses her lips, and runs his hand down her stomach into her panties)

Cissy: Hey! I'm fuckin' back, douche bag. That was fucking Dickstein, says he needs to meet with me about more Hospital bullshit. They're tryin' to fuckin' ruin that Doctor. He's comin' here to pick me up, so I'll just meet ya at the Auto mall later.

Linc: (hands still down Tina's panties) Actually, meet me at Cherry Oldies on 8th and Palm at 4 p.m. okay? You said you wanted somethin' with muscle this time, and the, ah, "salesman" there has muscle to spare.

Cissy: What-the-fuck-ever. You bringin' Nina goddam Hartley with ya or what?

Linc: Tina? (He takes the receiver in his right hand, and keeps the left occupied between her legs)

Cissy: Yeah, I mean her, wise ass. I left my fuckin' cigarettes in her car.

Linc: Yeah, she's comin'. She has to drive; my car's wrecked too,remember?

Cissy: How could I fuckin forget?! You wrapped the goddam Miata around that fuckin' beast! Tell Tina to leave the fuckin' nun's habit at home today, huh.

Linc: Okay, and you do the same.

Cissy: Very fuckin' funny, dickhead. I burned mine when I ran off with The Big Kahuna. The sisters are still fuckin' prayin' for me. Good fuckin' luck!

Linc:
Okay, well, I guess we'll see ya later...

Cissy: No shit. And don't be late. (She hangs-up the phone)

Tina: (Sitting up again) I forgot that Cissy used to be a nun. I can't even imagine that: talk about changing...

Linc: Been a ball-buster as long as I've known her. I can't even picture her praying, let alone being celibate for Jesus. (They laugh)

Tina: I'm gonna go get in the shower. (She takes Linc's hand off of her, gets up and walks to the bathroom)

Linc: (following her) Wait for me.

(In the shower, they wash each other clean while working up a fresh sweat.)

- Walkara

----------------------

(Barry sees Ramon standing in front of the office with a piece of paper copying down the numbers scrawled on the asphalt)

Barry: Forgive me, Ramon if I stammer my good news to you, so much has been unfurled before my eyes and ears I am in wonder that I am not in seizure at this very moment.

Ramon: You think you might have had one last night that these numbers might have been part of?

Barry: (stops for a second and looks baffled at the numbers.) I don't think so. I assumed you had written those... with the charcoal?

Ramon: I don't think...

Barry: Ramon! I will burst if I can not tell you that just now, I receive confirmation that my vision is not just some Ethel Merman school boy fantasy but a real curtain opening has presented itself to fulfill my ever glowing wish, and realize a theater for the arts here. For the community, for our guests, and for us Ramon, with Meyer Dickstein, Dr. Smith,... and a most intriguing man I have yet to lay eyes upon. Our permanent partnership, soon to manifest a cornucopia of mesmerizing phrases and masquerading faces, laughter and tears, lights and... roses. (he pauses and lifts his chin and merrily starts to sing) Every thing's coming up roses.. (he pauses again and stares ahead) but not merely a theater... more like a cultural... (he sweeps his hand across the sky as if illuminating a sign) Road Side Attraction....a vista point where one might pull off the road and find their way again... having been led astray by bogus directions from a cunning trickster who pumped their gas ... (spreads his arms out to the motel) Rooms of Restoration! (he nods his head with satisfaction). A well for parched travelers to draw from. (he looks around at the motel and puts his hands on his hips) Ramon, we have much to do!

Ramon: We're gonna have waffles and omelets first though, right?

Barry: (smiling again) We are Ramon, we are. (just before following Ramon inside he looks back toward the courtyard) We're going to need a fountain Ramon.

Ramon: Drinking or Garden?

- SpiritontheWater
Do no harm

Sven2

(Shaun emerges from Butchie's room, helmet on and skateboard in hand. He skates over to the pool and looks for a moment then skates over to the office. Seeing him coming, Ramon opens the door)

Shaun: How's it going Ramon?

Ramon: Doin' good Shaun. Looks like you're ready to tear up the streets huh?

Shaun: Yeah, we need less pavement and more beaches. Can I get some coffee for my friend John?

Ramon: (motioning toward the coffee pot) Help yourself. Mr. Cunningham's making waffles for a brunch later.

Shaun: (enters the office and fills a cup putting a lid on it when he's through) Thanks Ramon. Is he gonna make peanut butter waffles?

Ramon: Didn't mention it. I don't really know what kind of waffles, but I'll ask him.

(Shaun skates back over to his dad's room and enters. John is sitting at the table)

Shaun: Here's your coffee, John (John takes the cup and drinks from it, he grabs his tongue looking distressed)

John: If that's what it's like, I don't want to.

Shaun: Sorry John, I thought you said you wanted coffee.

John: (holding his tongue and looking confused) I don't know Butchie instead.

Shaun:
They're making waffles later!

John: (he smiles) Waffles ring a bell.

Shaun: Cool, well, I'm gonna go skate and see if I can find my dad, so I'll be back later.

John: Cool. Go skate a good one Shaun.

(Shaun leaves and John gets up and follows him out the door)

John: Radio silence. I'm gonna take a dump a grown man can be proud of.

- SpiritontheWater

------------------------

(John walks over to the office and stares in at Ramon, Ramon slides the doors open)

Ramon: Ready for another cup of coffee?

John: Coffee hurt my tit.

Ramon: Maybe you like tea better.

John: Chamomile Billy.

Ramon: I got some Chamomile, in the kitchen.

(John puts his hand out for Ramon)

Ramon: It's ok, you can follow me, Barry's making waffles.

(Ramon and John enter the kitchen)

Barry: Oh! Hello there. Have you come for brunch?

John: I've come to see the light shine again for miles around. I want some peanut butter waffles.

Barry: I can do peanut butter waffles. They are delicious! What a marvelous idea! Ramon, do we have..?

Ramon: In the cupboard, I'm getting him some chamomile. (he opens a cupboard and pulls down the package of tea bags)

(John steps back toward the living room and sees the workers sleeping)

John: Like it's just another day at the beach. ... justice must be served... little Freddy should not have been humiliated even for a second!

(Barry gasps, Ramon puts a tea bag in a cup and pours hot water in it, he hands it to John)

John: (taking the cup) I'm a parched traveler...not a monkey on crack.

- SpiritontheWater

-----------------------

(Inside the VFW, Joe is sitting alone at the bar; he finishes his drink and places it firmly on the bar. Ernie looks up from where he was working.)

Ernie: You want another one?

Joe: Yeah, I reckon so, then I gotta get back to my crop. Man, I'm too old for that shit. Sometimes I think I ought to go hire me a bunch of goddamn border jumpers.

Ernie: Make it part of the welcome tour, huh?

Joe: Right!

(Mitch and Erlemeyer enter the VFW and walk up to Ernie at the bar)

Erlemeyer: We're looking for Joe (Joe stares straight ahead; Ernie doesn't look at him.)

Ernie: Well he ain't here.

Erlemeyer: (to Joe) Don't be afraid Joe, you can help.

Joe: (looking up) Did that frat boy send you?

Erlemeyer: Not exactly. Joe, this is Mitch

Joe: Yeah; I know... he does health coverage.

Erlemeyer: Mitch here lost his nerve

Joe: Well he came to the right place for that. A lot of courage to be found in any one of these bottles.

Ernie: You want a drink?

(Mitch ponders the bottles behind the bar)

Mitch: You have mineral water? (Ernie stares at him blankly; Joe grimaces.)

Ernie: Nope. We have tap water.

Mitch: No thanks then. (Ernie turns to Erlemeyer)

Ernie: You?

Erlemeyer:
No thanks. I had one worm too many.

Joe: (shrugs) Not much to do around here if you're not drinking.

Erlemeyer:
Mitch got a pungi stick through his knee. Joe's footgot a boo boo. Joe left his friends behind. Mitch left his family behind. Mitch was lost. Mitch tried to find himself through drugs. The chemist showed him the way. Joe tried to lose himself in drugs. Joe found himself. Mitch found the wrong Mitch. Mitch built himself a shrine. Joe's eyes saw a world without borders. Mitch's eyes saw only Mitch. Mitch wiped Shaun out.

Mitch is back in the game. Now Joe must let go. Shaun will not know where Joe's been. Magdalena's son will be Joe's new friend to bring home. Shaun will soon show his feelings.

Joe: If you're not with John, how do you know all this?

Erlemeyer: I became eligible.

Mitch: I think I need to talk to Shaunie

(Behind them we see Shaun at the bar nursing a Roy Rogers; he looks over his shoulder.)

Shaun:
It's alright gramps; I already knew.

(Mitch, Joe and Erlemeyer smile as if hearing Shaun, but none of them acknowledge him. Mitch wipes a tear from his eye with his knuckle.)

Joe: I think I need to roll me a fat one

(He pushes his remaining change towards Ernie and leaves towards the door. Mitch and Erlemeyer follow.)

Ernie: Fuck me, the three stooges.

- backinthegame

(Shaun skates down the street toward the surf shop, as he goes hejumps curbs and retaining walls along the way maneuvering his board by every means and busting tricks off every available surface he encounters, until he comes to Jojo's house. Jojo see's him coming and flies out in front of him landing in the street turning several thee sixties on a dark spot on the asphalt. Sliding forward on his tail he glides up and stops in front of Shaun)

Jojo: Where you been man? We were out looking for you after your grandma came screaming at us that you'd been kidnapped or something.

Shaun: I went to Cincinnati.

Jojo: Where the fuck is that dude?

Shaun: I don't know. Wanna come with me to the shop, I gotta get my dad. Gonna be some waffles and omelets I think back at the motel in a little while, you can come.

Jojo:
(pushes off ahead of Shaun) Sure, I'm starved...(The two boys ride down the street hitting every obstacle available for a trick, jump or grind they can find along the way.)

- SpiritontheWater

--------------------------

(Shaun and Jojo arrive at Kai's trailer. Shaun hops off his board and knocks on the door.)

Shaun: Dad? Kai? Wake up. They're making waffles at the motel. (Inside the trailer, Butchie stirs. Kai sleeps in the crook of his arm.)

Butchie: (yawning and stretching) Shaunie? That you?

Shaun: It's me, dad. You hungry? Barry and Ramon are making "brunch." Breakfast plus lunch: get it?

Butchie: Fuckin' A. I'm always fuckin' hungry, buddy: you know that. Let me and Kai get fuckin' ready and we'll meet ya there...cool?

Shaun: Right on. See ya there, dad.

Butchie: (yelling after him) Watch out for cars and shit, Shaunie. (He turns to Kai and rouses her) Rise and shine, Kai.(Shaun and Jojo skate off)

(Back inside the trailer, Butchie stands up and arches his back. He scratches the usual suspects, then puts his right palm under his chin, left hand on the top of his head, and cracks his neck. He switches hands and does the other side.)

Kai: (Sitting up in bed) Fuck. I'm tired.

Butchie: Well, that's just too fuckin' bad, (He grins at her) Shaunie wants us over at the motel for "brunch".

Kai: "Brunch?"

Butchie: Yeah, you know: breakfast plus fuckin' lunch.

Kai: I know what-the-fuck 'brunch' is, Butchie. Just never been to one.

Butchie: I never pass up a free fuckin' meal. (He pulls his boxers up and grabs his shirt)

Kai: Even when ya should...there's still a huge stain in my jeep from the time you got loaded after eating all that adobo chicken and poy then puked your fucking guts out in the backseat.

Butchie: Ahh, memories...(Butchie gives her a half grin and pulls his t-shirt over his head.)

(Standing up, Kai walks to her closet and gets dressed.)

- Walkara

------------------------

(Sitting opposite the Chief, in his office, Bill rolls his eyes, irritated.)

Chief Clark:...I can't stress the point enough, Jacks. You hear? Under no circumstance, are you to confuse this temporary need of your service with being back on The Job. Consider yourself an outside contractor whose services are subject to my oversight and say-so. Understood?

Bill: Jesus Christ, Clark! How goddam thick do you suppose I'd have to be in order to miss the point of that endless fucking diatribe?

Chief: Is that a 'yes' or 'no,' Jacks?

Bill: (hand to his forehead, overcome by irritation) That's a yes, goddammit! What's next? Am I expected to grovel on my hands and knees for permission to be armed?

Chief: No weapons, Jacks. You're job is to coordinate between the police department and the parties throwing the event on Saturday. Can't say I'm lookin' forward to the traffic woes, but our city could certainly use the goddam spotlight. (He sits down and reaches under the desk, fussing with something) Poor girl; how's your paw?

Bill: Don't tell me you got that goddam mutt under your desk. Jesus, Clark! You're turning into an old woman right before my fuckin' eyes.

Chief: Watch it, Jacks! I won't tolerate your disrespect. And I don't appreciate you calling Gail O'Grady a mutt. She's a certified purebred. A three time regional champion. I'd like to see your goddam birds do something besides shit and squawk.

Bill: You only reveal your fuckin' ignorance, Clark. 'Least my birds know better than to lick their own assholes.

Chief: Yeah, they're too busy spreadin' goddam bird flu.

Bill: You'd best be biting your goddam tongue, 'less you plan on swallowing it later.

Clark: Get the fuck outta my office, Jacks. And remember:

Bill: (interrupts him) I know, I know...(under his breath) Repeats his-fuckin'-self more that Her Ladyship.

Chief: What's that, Jacks?!

Bill: (parroting the theme of Chief Clark's lecture) "I'm not a goddam cop anymore."

Chief: (As soon as the door closes behind Bill) Fuckin'albatross.

(Bill walks outside and gets in his truck. Zippy sits in his cage, and when Bill turns the ignition, he flaps his wings)

Bill: I suddenly feel a strange craving for waffles...and peanut butter. And a Spanish--no: Denver Omlette. (listening to Zippy) To the Snug Harbor then.

- Walkara

-----------------------
Do no harm

Sven2

(Meyer is talking on the phone to Daphne, simultaneously answering Cissy's demands while encouraging her to extinguish a cigarette from the pack she forced him to pick up for her on his way to pick her up.)

Dickstein: Listen, my little maven, I will leave all the details to your superior taste, but I'm pulling into the Internet Cafe's parking-lot as we speak.

Daphne: I will meet you at the motel after your meeting. Don't let that mesuggeneh's mishegoss upset you.

Dickstein: (parking the car) Don't worry yourself on that count, my dear. We are allied to prevent the Machine from chewing the good doctor up and spitting him out. Now if we could only find him...

Cissy: (Grabbing the phone from Meyer) He'll have to call you back sweetheart. (She snaps the phone shut and tosses it in his lap, hitting him in the shvantz.)

Dickstein: (Picking his phone up, he gives Cissy a disapproving look, flips it open and hits he '1' key. Daphne answers after one ring) Sorry about that dear...I didn't want to let you go without saying goodbye to my bubby.

Cissy: Nobody puts baby in the fuckin' corner, huh?

Meyer: (Gives Cissy the same disapproving look) I'll see you later, my love.

Daphne: A gezunt ahf dein kop, my love. (Dickstein hangs up the phone, gets outta the car and follows Cissy into the Internet Cafe. Inside, Jerry and Dwayne are huddled around the computer. Cass and Emma exit with espressos in hand just as Cissy and Dickstein enter. The place is strangely vacant today.)

Cissy:
What the fuck happened to your customers? Yesterday this place was a three-ring fuckin' circus. Today it's a goddam ghost town in here.

Jerri: I ate their heads off. I couldn't take all the fuckin' noise. Told 'em to come back after lunch.

Cissy: I hope you got some fuckin' money outta 'em first, considerin' that's the fuckin' point of runnin' a business.

Jerri: Look who-the-fuck's givin' out. The surf shack's been closed all goddam week, Cissy. Doris was peerin' thorugh the fuckin' windows early this morning.

Cissy: Yeah, but business fuckin' blows over there.

Jerri: You ever considered that recent fuckin' events mightn't have improved those prospects, and that, were anyone there to open the fuckin' door, you'd be swimmin' in maggots too?

Cissy: Maybe I'd know if Kai hadn't fuckin' quit. I've got way too much bullshit to deal with to tend shop too. Meanwhile, Mitch's floated off with Erlemeyer--no surprise there. I guess I'll have to hire someone new.

Dwayne: (Timidly interrupting) Ummm, I could post a notice that you're looking to hire on the website if you'd like?

Cissy:
I guess it can't fuckin' hurt. (She sits down and dictates to Dwayne the job specifics and what she is looking for in an employee. He tries to make it sounds as appealing as possible without lying, despite her descriptions to the contrary.)

Dickstein: (to Jerri) Any further correspondence from 'Cincinnati' that you need my assistance crafting a reply to?

Jerri:
Shut the fuck up and sit down.

(Meyer sits down at a table, pulls some papers out of his briefcase and a pen from his coat pocket. When she is finished with Dwayne, Cissy joins him at the table)

Jerri: (from behind the counter) Ya wanna coffee, Cissy?

Cissy:
Thanks. (turning her attention to Meyer) How the fuck are we gonna "enlist" the doctor in this scheme of yours if we can't fuckin' find him, Dickstein?

Dickstein: The young man at his office said he'd be back later this evening.

Cissy: I've gotta fuckin' meet Linc at 8th and Palm at four to look at fuckin' cars.

Dickstein: We'll meet back up at the Snug Harbor afterwards then. (His phone rings) Hello? Yes. And Shalom to you, Barry. (listening) Yes, yes, Ramon informed me about the brunch earlier. I'm just finishing up with Cissy, then we'll be on our way.(Listening) That sounds fantastic, Barry. I look forward to hearing about it over breakfast--excuse me: brunch. (Pause) Indeed. Goodbye. (He hangs up, and looks at Cissy) Your grandson requests your presence at the Snug Harbor for brunch.

Cissy: Let's get the fuck over there then. (to Jerri) You comin' or what?

Jerri:
Why the hell not? Dwayne?

Dwayne: I am rather hungry...

Cissy: Let's fuckin' go then.

(They all file out and Jerri locks the door behind them. Spotting Doris across the street, talking to Ted the bicycle guy, Cissy hurries to Dickstein's car and lays low until the car is out of view. Jerri and Dwayne follow behind them in Jerri's car.)

- Walkara

------------------------

(Tina blow-dries her hair, while Linc shaves over the sink next to her. She finds her eyes wandering over to him, distracted by the way he looks at himself in the mirror. There's something very familiar about it to her, as if he's considering something he's unable to bring to a conclusion. When he notices her stare, he turns and smiles. She smiles back. Something about the exchange makes her feel awkward; she feels alienated from him for the first time. He seems to see that in her eyes, and turns to her)

Linc: Hey. You okay? (He rinses his razor under the sink for the final time, taps it against the side, and sets it down on the counter.)

Tina: I'm fine...are you okay?

Linc: Honestly? I'm pretty fuckin' stressed-out.

Tina: Why?

Linc: Promise not to get mad?

Tina: No. I can't promise that without knowing what you're gonna say?

Linc: It's just that Stinkweed thinks we're havin' the event in Huntington.

Tina: What?? What happened?

Linc:
They think that because, as far as they knew, that's where it was always gonna be.

Tina: But all the fliers and press coverage say it's in I.B.

Linc: Which is why they're sending the Chairman of the Board down here in a few days to hire a replacement for Jake. Wonderboy sold him out. And there's not really shit I can do to stop it. The problem is, as slimy as Jake can be, I need him if I'm gonna be able to pull all this off. Stinkweed is threatening to reschedule the event, and lose the Yost's in the process if that's what it comes to. Because this is supposed to be a non-profit exhibition, they aren't all that interested in funding it. They only care about the competitions. But they're contractually-bound to sponsoring this as part of their deal with the Yosts, so they're gonna take their displeasure out on Jake.

Tina: Why did you think I'd be mad?

Linc: I don't know...'cause I didn't tell you before.

Tina:
Oh. (She leans over and kisses him, then wipes a smudge of her lipstick off his lip with her thumb) You'll figure something out, Linc.

The phone rings.

Tina: (Walks to the nightstand and picks it up) Hello?

Shaun: (On the other end) Hey Mom.

Tina: Hi Shaunie. What's goin' on?

Shaun: We're having brunch at my dad's motel. You and Linc are invited.

Tina: That sounds great, Shaun. We'll be right over. See you soon.

Shaun: Bye mom. (He hangs up)

Tina: (to Linc) That was Shaun. He invited us to a brunch at the motel.

Linc: Another community meal, huh? Not that I'm complaining, but who the fuck is paying for all this food?

Tina:
Cissy said the new owner won the mega-millions lottery.

Linc: No shit? Fuck, let's go eat then. (He finishes buttoning his shirt, takes her hand and they exit.)

- Walkara
Do no harm

Sven2

(John walks out of the kitchen and goes over to the new shuffleboard equipment sitting in the corner of the office. He puts his tea down and takes the equipment out to the shuffleboard court)

John: We're coming nine eleven fourteen!

Ramon: (kicks his cousins foot and wakes him up) You left my shovel on the grass last night.

Cousin: Que? (he closes his eyes and starts to turn on his side but Ramon kicks him again) Oh ok. I'll go get it.

Ramon: No, I already got it, get your guys up and outta here, we got work to do. What I told you about takin' care of your tools? You wanna be a contractor no?

Cousin: Si. (gets up and rousts his helpers who eventually get up and file out of the office after grabbing coffees)

(Ramon checks the grill which is getting started then returns to the kitchen with an extension cord)

Ramon: I think we better plug a couple of those in another circuit. (he re-routes a couple of the waffle irons and plugs the extension cord in in the living room)

Barry:
If you think so Ramon. I am most ready. I hope the mickey mouse waffles will not offend as childish, my hope is that they will put a smile on otherwise grouchy morning faces.

Ramon: I'm gonna work out on the grill so I'll take this large pan (he grabs a bag of supplies) I'll take this other stuff out on the table and you can bring out your waffle stacks as you get 'em done. I'll take a mickey mouse one (he smiles to himself) I always liked those.

Barry:
(looks around the kitchen) I guess you're right Ramon, not enough room for the two of us in here. I was hoping though to observe your magic with your omelets.

Ramon: I think I'll be making them for quite a while. You just do your thing.

Barry:
Very well Ramon, (he does some sort of disco tap-dance move) Doing my thing! (Barry turns and twists the knobs and flips the switches on the four waffle irons and starts to sing) You can tell by the way I use my walk...(he stops) Oh my, did I just sing that out loud?

(Ramon throws a bag full of green chiles on one side of the grill and places a large omelet pan on the other, he then begins cracking eggs in a large bowl, his cousin and the workers start walking over to him)

Ramon: You guys get over to the bar and straighten that place upfirst, you got your stuff laying everywhere in there. You can eat after the other people we got commin'. (disappointed they turn away and saunter over to the bar) Lazy bird don't get no worm.

(Ramon places another small pan amongst the chilies, the skins of which are already starting to char and loosen, and squeezes a tube of chorizo in to it. It starts to sizzle as the paprika stained grease starts to bubble)

Ramon: (savoring the smell) Don't ask me what's in it cause you don't want to know.

(Ramon notices Freddy as he steps out of his room to stand out front, Palaka soon follows, a couple other doors open on the second level and three or four people emerge who had joined the palm tree news event last night.)

(A car pulls in the driveway as John slides a puck down the shuffleboard court stopping on the eleven)

John: Eleven ball center pocket!

--SpiritontheWater

(Barry walks out with the first stack of waffles in a large aluminum pan)

Barry: Oh my goodness Ramon, I had no idea so many had arrived already. And there is Butchie! (Raising his voice) Butchie Yost!

Butchie: (turns and sees Barry standing behind the serving table with the pan of waffles outstretched) How's it goin' Barry? I haven't ate this good in a year, I'm putting on serious weight since you took over, buddy!

Barry: For you Butchie Yost, one time tormentor and now first witness and tenant of all that shall transpire on these sacred grounds, this brunch is in your honor, and no hard feelings remain.

Butchie: (surprised at the gesture and a bit embarrassed) Bring it on good buddy, when I heard fucking waffles I put my stomach in first gear and high tailed it right over here! (Butchie walks over to the table) and if you're planning on being the next Howard Johnsons, I'm just gonna have to put your name on a few banners for flyin' at every fucking contest!

Barry: (sets the large tray down and takes a plate to hand to Butchie) Truly, no hard feelings, we do not know the path abruptly forked, nor why it may split again to lead us to our final destination. But I am happy now that I am where I am, and for your part in seeing to it.

Butchie:
Shit, lighten up Barry, I meant to hit you with the broom part really. Actually it kind of scared the shit out of me when I wacked you.

Barry: Not another word about it now. Here, a syrup you might enjoy, and assorted fruit. (he motions to the other items laid out down the table) Ramon has a most amazing omelet as well.

Butchie: Well load me up! 'cause I ain't going swimmin' for at least an hour!

Barry:
(raises his hands up to the others standing around) Come one and all! Brunch is served! We are pleased to have you!

-- SpiritontheWater

(Barry goes into the office and re-emerges with a tray of cups. He glides towards the grill where Ramon is holding court making omelets for a growing line bearing paper plates)

Barry: A drink Ramon? (Ramon looks up at him by raising his eyebrows not his head)

Ramon: I see your cups have grown.

Barry: Your jabs Ramon cannot dishearten me in the midst of these festivities. (Barry raises his nose and moves to Cissy at the head of the line)

Barry: (to Cissy, his face beaming) Some freshly squeezed juice?

Cissy: Freshly squeezed? Did you fucking squeeze it?

Barry: (with a small cough) Well, no, not myself, but my understanding is that the fruit retains the best part of its flavor.

Cissy: Well count yourself fucking lucky Mitch isn't here. If it's been in a carton, then its fucking poison (she grabs a cup from the slightly abashed Barry).

(As Barry moves down the line, we see Shaun and Jojo skate by. They buzz the line, passing Cissy, Butchie, Kai, John, Linc and Tina. Shaun looks them all in the eye, but shouts out only to John in passing towards Butchie's cabin)

Shaun: Hey John!

John: Hey Shaun!

Butchie: (shouts after Shaun) Took your fucking time getting here.

Shaun: Had some business to take care of.

Butchie: (under his breath) Yeah right, the business end of a fucking joint.

-- backinthegame

----------------------------

(Shaun and Jojo enter Butchie's cabin to dump their stuff)

Jojo: Man, I'm fucking high.

Shaun: (grinning) Yeah.

Jojo: I gotta eat dude.

Shaun: Peanut butter waffles; it's the only way to go

Jojo: You should try my brother's recipe... it's all about the herbage.

(they walk back outside over towards Butchie and Kai)

John: Waffles ring a bell (he fakes taking a toke from a joint).

-- backinthegame

---------------------------

[Jerri, Dwayne, Emma, and Cass stare intently at the computer monitor as the Car Salesman begins to speak.]

Car Salesman: Here at the Internet Café in Imperial Beach, the Internet is juiced. [The quartet enters into a trance-like state as they watch the ad.] With the Internet my words can be heard uncensored. My words can have many authors, but they will still be my words. No one who speaks my words will be taken off-line. [The trance ends for the group] Espressos, café lattes and even specialty drinks like Espresso Spritzers are available [Jerri throws Cass a look] to quench your thirst as you cruise the information superhighway. So come on down to the Internet Café and tell them I sent you.

Jerri: [talking to the screen] But who the fuck are you?

Emma:
Just be thankful for the free ad Jerri. [She and Cass walk out of the café.]

-- theshriek

(People are scattered across all over the Snug Harbor, grouped in dissolving and resolving combinations, eating waffles and omelettes. Somehow supply always just meets demand.)

(Freddy finishes his second mushroom and ham omelette, and Shaun rolls by with peanut butter-smeared waffle and a glass of milk to wash it down.)

Shaun: Here.

Freddy: Are those ears on the fuckin' waffle?

Shaun:
It's Mickey Mouse.

Palaka: Ooh...(to Shaun) Can ya hook a brother up, my man?

Shaun:
Sure. (He skates off)

Freddy: (eating his waffle, suppressing all physical evidence of his intense enjoyment, he starts talking with his mouth full) Who puts fuckin' peanut butter on waffles?

Palaka: Canadians.

Freddy: What makes you say that?

Palaka:
I dunno.

Freddy: Whaddaya mean 'you don't fucking know?!' You just fuckin' said it.

Palaka:
Someone told me that Canadians go fucking bananas for peanut butter.

Freddy: Do you have any fucking clue how much disinformation is spread using "someone told me" as a preamble, ya fuckin' dope?

Palaka: My ma used to make me peanut butter and banana sandwiches. She always cut the crust off. At the supermarket, where I buy groceries, they have bread with the crust already gone. Fuckin' technology! That's what I'm talkin' about.

(Shaun comes back with a waffle prepared just like Freddy's and gives it Palaka, then leaves)

(Kai and Cissy sit on the curb. Kai is eating a waffle without peanut butter. Cissy is eating a Snickers bar and smoking a Marlboro Red. Cass walks toward them, filming.)

Cissy: (seeing Cass) Go point that goddam thing at some other asshole.

Cass: (Self-consciously) I'm trying to get a shot of everybody.

Cissy: (Bares her teeth with a big false grin that says 'fuck off') Satisfied, princess?

(John walks over)

Kai: Hi John.

John: Hi Kai. (turns to Cissy) Cass slapped it on Mitch. She didn't see the colors.

Cissy: (looking at Cass) What the fuck is he talkin' about?

Cass: Ahh...I'm not sure.

Cissy: (Looking at Kai) Is this the little fuckin' slut that gave Mitch a "lift?"

Kai: I think that's a question for Mitch, Cissy

Cass: (turning to leave) Good one, John. (she shakes her head and puts a safe distance between herself and Cissy)

John: Cissy wiped Butchie out. Mother-son handjobs. Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ!

(Turning white, Cissy stands up and walks in the opposite direction as Cass.)

Kai: What the fuck did you say that for John?

John: We are all frail vessel, Kai. (He spins 180 degrees and walks off) Don't be ashamed of your flooring.

(Bill pulls into The Snug Harbor. He gets out of his truck and unlocks Zippy's cage. Zippy perches on his shoulder. He goes and stand in the food line.)

Bill: (annoyed by the disorderly line) Excuse me! I'm gonna need everyone to get into single goddam file. (No one moves)(raising his voice) I said NOW! goddamit! (The crowd merges into a single person line. Bill is still dissatisfied with the crooked line, but lets it go)

(Zippy flies off)

Bill: Don't you be wanderin' too far, ya hear? We've got a goddam mission to attend to.

(Across the lot, Cissy walks over to Butchie, who's sitting on the air conditioning unit, just outside the office.)

Cissy: What're you fuckin' doin' over here?

Butchie: Just chillin'. (He gives her a quick smile, and folds his arms, bracing for the inevitable)

Cissy: Talked to Kai, says she's tryin' out for Billabong.

Butchie: Yeah...

Cissy: Good for fuckin' her. 'Bout time she showed the rest of he world what the rest of us assholes already knew.

Butchie:
Yep.

Cissy: You better not fuck things up while she's gone.

Butchie: Thanks for the vote of fuckin' confidence, ma.

Cissy: I'm just sayin', girl's like that don't just spring from the walls like Grandma fuckin' groundhog.

Butchie: (chuckles) Who the fuck's "grandma fuckin'groundhog?"

Cissy: Fuck if I know. That's just somethin' Jerri fuckin' says. Some Irish bullshit, probably.

Butchie: Where's Dad?

Cissy: Who the fuck knows? Preparing the next sermon of the fucking mount, for all I know.

Shaun: (Skates over)Hey Gram. Gramps'll be at the beach later. (he gives Cissy a hug) Hey dad. (he sits next to Butchie)

Butchie:
(putting his arm around Shaun) Hey pal. You ready to go see who bust bigger?

Shaun: (gets up) Sure. Can John come too?

Butchie: (looks down, feeling guilty) Alright, Shaunie--but he's sittin' in the fuckin' back again.

Shaun: I'll go get him.

Butchie: Get Kai too.

Shaun: Cool. (To Cissy) Love ya, Gram. Go easy on my dad, okay?

Cissy: (nods) Okay, Shaunie.

Butchie: (standing up) Why don't you come down to the fuckin' beach and watch us?

Cissy: Can't. Linc and the human cum-rag are taking me car shopping.

Butchie: Lay off Tina, ma.

Cissy: If she can take that many dicks at once, she can take whatever I dish out. What the fuck do you care anyway?

Butchie: Just cut her a fuckin' break. (He turns away from Cissy) We've all done things we ain't fuckin' proud of. (He walks away)

(Cissy sits down in his spot on the air conditioning unit, lights another cigarette and taken a long, deep drag)

Tina: (walking over) Me and Linc are going back to our room, but we'll meet you at the dealership at 4, okay?

Cissy: What-the-fuck-ever. I'll have Jerri drop me off at the dealership.

Tina: Alright. Well...see you later. (She walks off)

Cissy: (to herself) Off to spread her moist thighs and pink buns for Linc.

(Bill returns to his truck after eating two waffles and Denver omelette and three glasses of juice. Zippy is perched atop the tree Mitch was stuck in the day before.)

Bill: (he whistles) C'mon, Zip. (Zippy swoops down and lands on Bill's shoulder) Where to? (he listens) Monument fuckin' road? (pause) That'll take all goddam day? (pause) Fine! Just quit pissin' in my ear. (He starts the car and drives away)

--Walkara
Do no harm

Sven2

(Ramon spoons a portion of Chorizo in the center of the egg and follows with half that amount of the roasted poblano chile. He then adds a layer of grated jack cheese and skillfully folds the two sides of the omelet around the ingredients sliding it out of the pan and onto the plate)

Barry: (watching) Masterful Ramon! You have, without a doubt, a connection with the western culinary realm, cracking whip as it were on the plain, taming the wild for the farmers reward, spilling bounty from fields tilled and fenced to those starved of the tastes and flavors our difficult pioneering quest has led us to. At this end of the world. Our seaside camp at trails end.

(Ramon cuts the omelet, which looks like a long egg burrito, in half, and slides half on a paper plate for Barry to try.)

Barry: (taking a bite) Oh! spicy, Ramon! But oh... mmn... wonderful... oh my goodness.

(Ramon sees a lady approaching the table dressed in black)

Ramon: Looks like we got us an pioneer with a chip on her shoulder.

Woman in Black: (taking an aggressive tone) You can't do that here! Serving food like this is a violation of public standards and a health hazard! You're breaking the LAW!

Ramon: (to himself) There's one in every crowd.

Barry: I assure you ma'am, our intentions are of the highest caliber and our ingredients are simply the finest! (he holds out a plate to her with a mickey mouse waffle on it) Waffle?

Woman in Black: (stares at the waffle as if it's poison) I'm reporting you this afternoon! You'll be hearing from the authorities!

Ramon:
You work for those authorities?

Woman in Black:
Who I work for is none of your business, (snotty smile) but should your lights go out, you might wonder if your bill was received! (she turns and marches off back down the driveway)

Barry: Most unpleasant.

Ramon: Probably don't like what she sees when she looks in the mirror. (walks back into the office) I'm going to get my horn.

- SpiritontheWater

---------------------------------

(The woman in black walks down the street to her car, opening the passenger side door she leans in and gathers up her bible an a tuna casserole she's prepared for the potluck at the Church of Christ congregation hall which occupies the lot just south of the Snug Harbor Motel. Closing the door she is startled by Moana who she runs into nearly dropping the casserole)

Moana: 'Scuse me ma'am

Woman in Black: I suppose you're heading to that hippie commune I just came from, You'd be better off young man to come with me to the Wednesday afternoon social right here in this building (she motions across a small parking lot toward an old building with a faded sign once reading "Fresh Fish", over which is nailed a sign now reading "Church of Christ".)

Moana: No ma'am, I think I'm going to the Snug Harbor there. You have a nice afternoon anyways.

Woman in Black: (abruptly walks around Moana mumbling as she walks off) Another terrorist invading our peaceful community, we simply must do something about this lawless cancer threatening our god given land.

Moana: (walking on talking to himself) I'll let you get to your gossip meeting then.

(Moana walks up the driveway of the motel and approaches Freddy who is standing in front of his room finishing his waffle and drinking from a large plastic cup)

Freddy: (holds out his empty plate) If you're still here you might as well get you a mickey mouse waffle and a damn hot omelet.

Moana: We need to talk about them safety deposits.

Freddy: (stares at Moana) We can do that once you're done having fucking breakfast. You don't want to go swimmin' on an empty stomach!

(Moana pauses and stares at Freddy. Palaka walks over toward the two)

Moana: I'll get a plate bra, we don't have no hurry to go down to the beach and see if a big wave is breakin'

- SpiritontheWater

(Shaun goes into Butchie's cabin, John follows and sits at Butchie's bed in his camo wet suit smiling to himself)

Shaun: Ready John?

John: I'm ready already. Right from left. Waffles down, surfs up!

Shaun: Well I hope you didn't have too many or it'll be waffles up.

John: Peanut butter. That's how we do it in IB!

(Shaun grabs his gear and heads outside with John at his heel; they pass Jojo on the way to the car)

Shaun: Catch us at the beach later, if not we'll hit it in the morning, OK?

Jojo: OK bro (he gives Shaun the Shaka sign, Shaun reciprocates)

- backinthegame

(Bill is driving through Border Field National Park, following Zippy's directions. He comes upon a clearing, and pulls into Joe's camp. He parks his truck and frees Zippy from his Cage. They exit and approach Joe and Magdalena, harvesting.)

Bill: Jesus H. Christ! (to Zippy) What the fuck are we doin here, Zip?

Joe: (Nervously) Ah, hey there, Bill. Um...whaddaya doin' here? How the fuck d'ya find this place?

Bill: (Gives Zippy a dirty look) You just never-fuckin'-mind about that. (Surveying Joe's crop) Quite the goddam operation ya got goin' here, Joe. (Shakes his head) I'd say about four or five hundred plants.

Joe: Five. (puts his hands in his pockets) So, um, what'd ya say brought ya out here?

Bill: I didn't. (walks past Joe, over to the pretty Mexican woman standing at a distance, watching them.) Hello. (offers his hand) Bill Jacks. Retired policeman.

Magdalena: Hablo muy poco inglés. (shakes Bill's hand) Mi nombre es Magdalena Lopez. Te reconozco de la barbacoa ayer por la noche

Bill: (Listening to Zippy's translation) A pleasure to make your formal acquaintance. (Bill notices that she has bandages around her arms and torso) What the hell happened? (he points to her wounds)

Magdalena: Los perros me ataqué. Joe me ahorró y trató mis heridas.

Joe: (standing behind Bill) She said--

Bill: (motioning for him to shut up, listening to Zippy again) Those miserable goddam strays! (takes her hand) You okay?

Joe: The Doc patched her up. She's here lookin' for her son that went missing. Says he works for The Coyote. She wandered over the border last week lookin' for help, and got herself locked up and fuckin' deported.

Bill: Which begs the question of why-the-fuck she's here, harvestin' reefer with the likes of you, you fuckin' pothead nit-wit.(Joe gives him a blank look)

Magdalena: ¿Hay un problema?

Bill: No. No problemo. Except the I'm standing right in the fuckin' middle of an illegal goddam drug operation. An accessory after the fact. Every second of which is a goddam disgrace to my 16 years on the force.

Joe:
(to Magdalena) He ain't gonna fuckin' squeal.

Bill: (To Zippy) I hope you're fuckin' happy, Zip. My old man is turnin' over in his grave considerin' all the degenerates and shit-heels you've allied me with. (Looks at Magdalena) Now tell me about your son.

(Magdalena tells Bill everything she can think of about her son that might help, with Zippy translating for Bill, and Joe translating Bill's questions for Magdalena.)

- Walkara

------------------------
Do no harm

Sven2

(Cissy opens Jerri's passenger door, gets out, and slams it shut. Jerri drives away. Cissy walks to the Cherry Oldies lot with purpose. She puts her sunglasses on to disguise the sparkle cast in her eye from the gorgeously curved classic American cars. A black '67 Pontiac Firebird with a flawless body. A blue with white racing-striped Chevey Camero. A '68. Cissy's trained eye savors the two cars for a moment; their similar bodies, often confused for each other by the untrained eye. Cissy runs her hand along the hood. She stops, looking ahead, and sees her dream car: a 1968 Shelby GT500-KR Convertible finished in red with black racing stripes. She walks toward it, dizzy with excitement)

Salesman: (leaning against Superbee to her left) Nope. (he shakes his head)

Cissy: (turns to him) This your fuckin' place?

Salesman: Welcome to Cherry Oldies! And, yes, in answer to your accusation, I'm the goddam proprietor. You can call me Dave.

Cissy: What the fuck d'ya mean, 'nope.'?

Salesman: I mean, Sister Yost, that you couldn't handle that car.

Cissy: My old man had one just like it, 'cept his was fuckin' yellow.

Salesman: Ah, yellow. A primary color. Not an obvious choice, but demanding goddam attention and awe nonetheless, bouncing sunlight from it's gleamin' fuckin' curvatures. I'll tell ya somethin': a car like that is a goddam parade all by it's lonesome. Folks can't help but stop and stare, mouth's a-fuckin'-gape in wonderment. Yes ma'am, a car is an extension of the man, or woman, as the case may fuckin' be.

Cissy: So it's not for fuckin' sale.

Salesman: Not to you.

Cissy: Why the fuck not?

Salesman: 'Cause you ain't fuckin' ready for that kinda power.

Cissy: What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Salesman:
What does it mean? A thing either is or isn't, it either does or doesn't. You follow?

Cissy: Fuck no.

Salesman: What it means is beside the goddam point, is my point. What is is what fuckin' matters. What 'it'means don't got a goddam thing to do with it. What 'it does is what 'it' means.

Cissy: (rolling her eyes) Whatever. (She takes the sunglasses off, having spotted Tina's car pulling into the lot.)

Linc: (getting out of the car) Sorry, we're late, Cissy. We lost track of time. (He walks around to Tina's side and takes her hand. They approach Cissy and the Salesman. Tina waves at Cissy) See anything ya like?

Salesman:
She was makin' eyes at my Shelby.

Linc: (Interrupting) Fuck that! No way am I buyin' you a $250,000 dollar car.

Salesman: Had you let me fuckin' finish, friend, I would've informed you I'd already pissed on her interest.

Cissy: (walks over to a black '69 Corvette Stingray) I'll take this one then.

Salesman: I'll be damned!...of course! (nodding his head) I like the way you think, Mrs. Yost. This one makes fuckin' sense. I've got a feeling about this one. (He suddenly cocks his head to the left, listening) Okay, well, I think we've got ourselves a deal.

Linc:
Are you kidding me? No way is that the equivalent of a Miata.

Salesman: (Wrinkles his face and cringes) Jesus-god! A fuckin' Miata??! (Shudders) The Stingray it is!

Cissy:
(to Linc) All the times you fucked this family, I'd say this is getting off cheap, asshole.

Tina:
(turns to Linc) She has a point, Linc.(After Linc finishes writing the Salesman a check, he and Tina get back in her car and drive west, toward the beach. Cissy takes her keys from the Salesman and gets in her stingray. She turns it in the ignition and listens to her new car's growl. She revs the engine, and lets the growl fade into a purr. She puts the car in reverse, puts her sunglasses back on and peels out of the parking-lot. She turns on the radio)

Salesman: (arms folded) It's a beautiful fuckin' thing.

- Walkara

------------------------

(Ramon goes in the office and returns with his trumpet in hand, he blows several blasts of various length)

Ramon:
Last call for waffles!

Freddy: (to Palaka) Go get me another one of those mickey mouse waffles but no peanut butter, just some maple syrup.

Palaka: Sure thing boss (he heads over toward Barry)

Freddy:
(to Moana) I know why you're still here. And I know you don't know why you're still here.

Moana: That's what I wanna talk to you about.

Freddy: I know! That's why we are going to take a walk on the beach! So you can sort it out and get your fucking head on straight.

(Palaka returns with a regular square waffle on a plate and holds it out for Freddy to take, Freddy, arms folded, just looks at it)

Palaka: They were out of the ones with the ears boss, said they were the popular ones, all gone.

Freddy:
If they was all out, then why'd you fuckin' bring me one I didn't tell you to get?

Palaka: Ahh, uhh I don't know? I thought you were still hungry. We could cut this one and give it some square ears (he starts cutting the waffle with a plastic knife)

Freddy: (to Moana) Let's go (Freddy and Moana walk off down the driveway, Palaka sits down and continues to work on the waffle)

Palaka: All right boss, you go, I'll keep an eye on the place.

Ramon: Looks like that's it then.

Barry: Now, Ramon, I have to leave. It's dreadful of me to leave you with a kitchen mess but I ask, however, that I may be allowed to leave the waffle irons as they are, and I will pick them up later, also that you do not attempt to clean them as I am sure you will be tempted. I have a special solution at home that I would prefer to use. If you will just set them aside. And as for these leftovers, I am looking at wall covering and fabrics today and will be keeping a nice young man waiting if I do not leave at this very minute.

Ramon: There won't be any leftovers once the guys are finished. You go and don't worry about it.

Barry: That is good, you will, I trust, keep them on their tasks today, that tomorrow will show the bar in better condition?

Ramon: And I'll talk to them about the bear thing too.

Barry:
(get's in his car to leave and rolls down the window) Thank you Ramon, not to harshly, perhaps a kind admonishment will suffice.(Ramon picks up some of the remaining brunch and carries it over to the bar. Palaka wanders back over to the table and sees a bowl of fruit remaining with the condiments)

Palaka: Hmm, tempting me with that apple there. (He takes an apple slice and dips it in some honey. He holds it up) health, wealth and a full tummy for Palaka, right ma? (he eats it).

- SpiritontheWater

[Cass and Emma get their Mickey Mouse waffles. Cass has peanut butter on hers; Emma's sticks with just syrup. They go and sit down to eat.]

Cass: I can't believe that they have Mickey Mouse waffles. When I was a kid, my Mom made Mickey Mouse waffles every Saturday morning. And even thought we didn't have a lot of money she would take me to Disneyland once a month. I just loved the rides, Cinderella's castle, and just the magic of the place.

Emma:
The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House was my favorite. Say, is that why you have so eagerly embraced this project with John? I mean there is an enchanted feel to him...to everything surrounding him.

Cass: Yes! I had let the disappointments and negatives of life slowly erode my sense of magic. Then I was watching the film I took of John at the festival and suddenly I was awash in that feeling again. I don't know why I felt it, but I did.

Emma: I felt the same way, when I saw him step out of the van. I was afraid to breathe because I thought that if I did that feeling would be lost to me forever.

Cass: Emma! Somehow we need to use my camera and your gift of words to bring back that sense of magic back to everyone. [Emma nods.]

- theshriek

------------------------

(Butchie gains speed, then reverses and ascends the wave, gaining as much height as possible. He drops his center of gravity and launches, as if to do a re-entry on the lip. When he reaches the point of maximum elevation, he grabs both rails and leans back, transitioning masterfully. As if doing a back flip from a diving board, he flips, careful to it follow through. He centers himself, holds his board tightly, and rides out the landing. He rides the water over to Kai, John, and Shaun, straddling their boards and watching him.)

Shaun: Bitchin' rodeo flip, dad. You boosted major air.

Butchie: Thanks, buddy. (Butchie drops off his board into the water, then pulls it to him and straddles it) Your turn.

(Shaun scans the waves for the right one, and, spotting it, paddles out. He gathers speed, approaching the bottom of a steep, vertical wave that's lip is ready to break. Before turning up the face, Shaun plants his feet solidly for balance, to refresh his sense of the board. He crouches down a little at the knees and waist, then turns hard, up the face of the wave, keeping speed. Just before his board hits the lip, he rotates his shoulders forward into the heart of the wave, then snaps his board around to follow his shoulders. He comes off the lip and catapults down the wave face, and centers his balance to execute a turn at the bottom of the wave, successfully. He carves back over to the others.)

Butchie: That's my boy! (Shaun drops into the water) You fuckin' murdered that wave, dude.

Kai: That was fuckin' sweet, Shaunie. Like father like son. (She looks at Butchie)

John:
Shaun's my father's son too. Somebody call an ambulance.

Shaun: How'd I look comin' off the lip?

Butchie: Fuckin' bad ass! Did your old man proud. (Looks at Kai) This one's all you, babe. (Kai paddles off)

Butchie: She's a fuckin' charger.

John: Set off the airport metal detectors.

(Kai catches a wedge-y backside wave that's waist to chest high with a steep close-out section at the end. She pumps down the line, gathering enough speed to launch into the air without losing control. She bottom turns at a 25 degree angle to project herself off the wave, where the lip meets the whitewash. Staying low and centered, with her eyes focused on the lip, she angles the board down the line, a little bit ahead of the wave, to adjust for the wave's movement while airborne. Pointing the board out the back, she bends her knees and uses her body like a spring to pop into the air. When the top half of your board is out of the water, she turns her shoulders into the spin, pushes her back foot into the spin, and springs off the lip. In the air, she sucks her legs and board up for style and height. Once she starts spinning, she transfers her weight to the front foot while staying low. Spinning blindly, unable to see where she's going. she keeps level in the air while staying low and centered. Her front knee is bent and her back leg is extended, pushing the tail around. She keeps her stance a bit wider than usual for better balance, with her arms bent at a 90 degree angle at her sides. Looking down between her legs on the toe-side rail, she bends her knees and absorbs the landing with strength and perfect timing. She stays low with a wide stance, most of her weight on the back foot to help continue with the momentum of the wave, re-connecting her fins to the water. She rides it out, and cruises, buzzing with adrenaline, back to the others)

Butchie: Jesus Fuckin' Christ, Kai! That was fuckin' epic--a flawless fuckin' backside air reverse. Fuckin' Conan-style! Classic!

Kai:
(dropping into the water, she paddles over to Butchie and kisses him) Gracias, Brosef.

Butchie: Shit! I'm gonna have to pull out some bigger guns next time 'round. (Looks at John) You're up, pal.

John: We're boning now. (He paddles off)

(John positions himself diagonal on the wave, giving himself the momentum to spin. He builds up speed, and follows it with a small turn. He kicks his legs in and keeps them up, then kicks with his left leg to go left. He pulls himself up on the board, eye level, and whips his head left. Keeping his body in position, he spins a full 1040 degrees, then lets his legs down to stop spinning. Landing perfectly on the water, John zig-zags back to his brasse.)

Butchie: Holy Shit, John! You fuckin' flew! Fuckin' filthy, Brah. You had the fuckin' Glide.

Shaun: Full on!

Kai: Hella haggard, John.

Butchie: Johnny Monad's the fuckin' Conductor!

John: The Church of the Open Sky is HUGE!

- Walkara

(After parting ways with Joe at the VFW, Erlemeyer and Mitch get in the Erlemeyer's "car" and drive back to the Yost's house. While en route, Mitch's memories of what transpired at the VFW fade. By the time they're back, he has no memory of where they've been, but feels strangely connected to Shaun. Erlemeyer is left with a vague recollection, but only the name 'Joe' is concrete in his memory. They exit the "car" and walk up to Mitch's treehouse, empty but for Erlemeyer's pile of blankets on the floor.)

Mitch: (leaning against the wall, he slides to the floor) Since Shaun moved in with Butchie, we've got a spare room in the house. Why don't you move your stuff in there?

Erlemeyer: How's Cissy gonna feel about that?

Mitch: I'm paying the damn mortgage!

Erlemeyer:
If it's all the same to you, I prefer it out here; better reception.

Mitch: Reception?

Erlemeyer: Can you hear the transmissions? Listen closely. (Mitch crosses his legs and centers himself, waiting for something to happen. He hears only the hum of distant traffic and Erlemeyer's labored breath.)

Mitch: I got nothing.

Erlemeyer: Maybe the signal is revealed to us all in different ways.

Mitch: By 'the signal' you mean whatever the fuck is giving that extraterrestrial his orders?

Erlemeyer: I think it's bigger than that.

Mitch:
When did you start hearing things?

Erlemeyer: I was standing on the porch the other day, and I heard something. A stir of echoes; voices; thoughts. It comes and goes, but today I feel as though I've been tuned to the highest frequency. Every which way I turn, I hear these mysterious whispers. Some fade after time, leaving me with an empty impression of their content.

Mitch:
What do you remember?

Erlemeyer: Mostly cryptic things.

Mitch:
For instance...

Erlemeyer: (He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and imagines himself as an antenna. Through the static, he receives a message) Something is growing.

Mitch: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Erlemeyer: Not sure, but it concerns Cissy and yourself.

Mitch:
"Growing," huh?

Erlemeyer: The bard said "We know what we are, but know not what we may be." Perhaps this 'joker in the deck' from beyond is here to show us what we need to be.

Mitch: Why? What's at stake?

Erlemeyer: The future, I suppose.(The two old friends grapple with the gravity of this thought for a while in silence. Suddenly Mitch's cell phone rings)

Mitch: Hello?

Cissy:
(on the other end) Where the fuck've YOU been?

Mitch: Hey Cissy. (He looks at Erlemeyer, rolling his eyes) With Erlemeyer.

Cissy:
You and the chemist better pile in that piece of shit of his, and get your asses down to the fuckin' beach. Butchie and Shaun are rippin' shit up! There's a huge fuckin' crowd gathered on the pier.

Mitch: We'll be right there.

Cissy:
You gonna get wet this time? You are supposed to fuckin' be surfin' in the goddam expo in a few days. We wouldn't want the big fuckin' Kahuna to get dusted by his son and grandson, would we?

Mitch: Maybe tomorrow.

(Mitch and Erlemeyer get into the "car" and drive to the beach)

- Walkara

------------------------
Do no harm

Sven2

(Cass wanders through the thickening crowd. Emma [played by Anna Gunn] and her cameraman Luke [played by John Hawkes] stand at a distance, filming.)

Grom: Did you see that video on Youtube, of those four (he points to Kai, Butchie, John, and Shaun on the water) surfing yesterday? It was so sick.

Teenage Girl: I was there...I mean, here. It was awesome! It felt like I was out there on the water with 'em.

Grom: Yeah, miracle boy's got game. Still a freak though.

Teenage Girl: I think he's gonna be better than his dad.

Grom:
Fuck Butchie Yost! My old man says he ruined surfin'--took the "grace" outta it.

Teenage Girl: He's just jealous, and bitter 'cause Butchie raised the bar too high for him.

Grom: Then pissed it all away. Fuckin' junkie. He's washed-up.

Teenage Girl: Tell that to the backside snap under the lip he just busted.

Grom:
One time me and my brother found him passed-out cold under the pier, so we pissed on him.

Teenage Girl:
That's disgusting! You are such a loser...go away.

Grom: We laughed so hard. He didn't even wake up.

Teenage Girl: Are you still here?

Grom: Jeez...you don't have to be a bitch about it. (He storms off indignantly. Cass follows him with the camera's eye until he disappears into the crowd, then walks over to Emma and Luke)

Cass: I'm gonna walk down to the beach.

Emma: Okay. Call me tomorrow.

Cass:
(nods her head and waves) Bye.

(Cass points her camera down the long walkway, and films as she goes. People mixing together, each ollowing his or her own rhythm. Cass hears the drums, the beat, the pulse of this collective. Everyone performs a task. Each casts their eyes to the horizon, where the ovements of four figures across the wild ocean speaks to something deep inside them all. 'A vision of harmony and exclamation. A punctuation mark on the world's beauty.' Butchie's board carves it's heart and courage into the water, and onto the crowd. The waves seem to obey Kai, her contours over its surface keep faith, speak in ripples about hope. John and Shaun, surfing in unison, zig zag back and forth; they walk the water like saviors, surfing silent sermons to every pair of open eyes, saying "See." When Cass reaches the sand, she takes off her shoes and walks barefoot across the beach to where Dwayne sits, Indian-style, peering into his laptop. Cass looks above at the sky and takes a deep, content breath.)

Dwayne: Hey watch out! You're about to step on a smuck of...

Cass: (still at distance, camera at her knees, pointing at the ground in front of her, she stops in her tracks) What?! (she steps forward, right into the smuck and gets stung) FUUUUUCK!!! Shiiiit! Shit, shit shit! (she hops up and down)

Dwayne: (realizing he's too late)...Jelly fish...

Cass: (hobbling over to him) Thanks for the heads-up (sarcastically). How did you know to warn me anyway? They were covered in sand, almost like somebody put 'em there on purpose.

Dwayne: (alarmed by her inference) I saw in on 'The Feed.' I'd never do that.

Cass:
The 'feed?' (sitting down, cradling her stung foot) What 'feed?'

Dwayne: (shows her his computer screen, mirroring her camera) On the Yost site.

Cass: This just gets weirder and weirder...damn! my foot hurts! .

Dwayne:
Do you want me to pee on it for you?

- Walkara

(Dr. Smith sits behind the reception desk staring out the window, the car salesman walk across his view and enters the clinic)

Car Salesman: not going to get the business you're wanting referencing that bitter goddess on your store front doc.

Dr. Smith: To be honest I have yet to understand it myself.

Car Salesman:
Nor anything else been happening in your altered reality I'd say either huh?

Dr. Smith:
Well, that is true, although I can't imagine how you'd have any awareness of it. Are you in need of medical attention?

Car Salesman: Well that could be a point worth debating, but that's not why I'm here. Name's Dave as I've been called lately, (he thrusts his hand out and shakes hands with Dr. Smith) proprietor of Cherry Oldies on Eighth and Palm, and I ain't here to offer you that black Cadillac either, although you are a mite bit closer to bein' ready for that land yacht than the other fella.

Dr. Smith: Cadillac? I am sorry, sir, but I am without understanding or answer I'm sure to what ever it is you have come to ask of me.

Car Salesman: But I can't be sorry for that see, 'cause these words are gonna end up only echoes in after hour rounds made by nurses long after you've checked out. But let me get to the crux of my visit to your place of healing. You been used to thinking life's a one way gurney ride through the sterilized assembly line and you been put on earth to stich and sew wound after wound, deciding who to tie and who to cut and you're pretty damn right 'cept when it comes to your role in it all. Truth is, doc, the day you turned twenty and signed those admissions forms, your life stopped being lived and started livin' you. Make sense? Probably not. Doesn't matter. What you got is a chance to decide now, seein' you got yourself a free trip to Cincinnati, as to which part outside the slaughter house you're gonna play from here on out. You can have Twenty or you can have Forty. Just don't get lost sitting on the fence when you go out on break at this human barnyard, looking at the green grass on either side, debating yourself as to which might look greener and therefore taste better. Grass is grass, tastes pretty much the same. Lest of course you're eatin where some hungry coyote's gone and pissed markin' his territory while trying to figure his way in. Don't' eat too close to the fence post. Remember that. You're in the right fuckin' place and ya' did the right thing for the family.

Dr. Smith: I am not following... but you must know, that I am frequently suddenly changed, in every way like the boy of twenty I once was, not knowing where I just was. And in waking, feeling a need and even a responsibility to recreate myself, as if I am in some parallel universe. I have been re-imagining the past twenty years.

Car Salesman: That tells me you're getting there, and what you're doing, as you just described it, is exactly the process. But what I'm shouting here though some pretty thick clouds you're still coming down through is that you got a few miles of road to travel still, and in any gear but reverse being the right selection is more accurately my point. You're still thinking you just drove off a cliff walking out of that hospital. I'm here to tell ya' you didn't end up smashed up on the beach below that bluff like you rightly thought you surely woulda'. Thelma and Louise didn't do what you did Doctor, what they did was suicide no doubt about it. Not for you my boy. You took a leap of faith and you're gonna be blessed for it. Soon as you change that sign out front that is...

(Dr. Smith looks up and the car salesman is gone. He steps outside and looks down the street in both directions. He locks the door to the clinic, gets on his bicycle and heads for the pier)

- SpiritontheWater

(Freddy and Moana stand on the beach just south of the pier looking back to where Butchie and the others were surfing)

Freddy: Damn three ring circus everywhere that dipshit goes.

Moana: Looks like they got a pretty good thing going brudda.

Freddy:
Until the get they get tossed up on the shore and the land sharks start their fucking feeding frenzy.

Moana: Maybe they just safer in the water huh?

Freddy: I used to watch that kid riding on Butchies back when he paddled out. All that boy wanted to do was be with him. But the cocksuker had to go and leave it all behind. Fuckin idiot if you ask me.

Moana:
Is that why you giving up the business, feel bad for him?

Freddy: I don't feel bad for anyone. You make your own choices and if you can't swim stay outta the fucking water.

(The sun is getting low in the sky as Freddy and Moana turn and walk on down the beach away from the crowd, Moana stops and picks up a shell and examines it)

Freddy: Those safe deposits aren't gonna empty themselves out if you're planning on turning shell collector.

Moana: That's what I been trying to figure out. When I go back I'm not sure I wanna keep doing it like we always done it.

Freddy: You go back with that thought in your head and the Chinaman will see to it you wind up just like those shells there. Fuckin' Dead.

Moana: I been lookin' back and don't like what I see no more.

Freddy:
And do you like what you see here, you gonna sell used cars or what? That money ain't gonna fly itself over here?

Moana: Gotta be some way we could get it and maybe start something new up here? Is that what you been thinking brah?

Freddy:
I ain't been thinking nuthin'... just knowin' life's too fucking short for trying to be something you ain't never been.

(They continue to walk south as the shadows grow and the ocean breeze begins to cool the shore. Freddy stoops down and picks up a shell, he looks at it for a second and puts it in his pocket)

- SpiritontheWater

(Barry drives south looking out toward the horizon as if searching, Teddy is in the passenger seat tightly seat belted with is arms outstretched)

Barry:
You may have noticed Teddy that we are traveling away from our home rather than toward it's comforts and warm lights. And away too from the Snug Harbor Motel where your friend likely sits tossed and wondering about how he might escape his uncomfortable surroundings. We are now driven rather than driving I'm afraid. Toward a new light of a sort I fear is not so pleasant or tame; burning coals perhaps; a rite of passage I do not know... Don't be afraid Teddy, adventurers face such unknown with a requisite trepidation often stumbling out into clearings opening to grand vistas only dreamt of.

(Barry slows down as he see's a parking lot before a small bluff obscuring the beach on the other side. He pulls in and parks the car. Getting out he walks around and opens the door to release teddy from his seat. He carries him to the trail leading up and over the bluff. They walk the short distance to the top. Looking down he see's a man working around a small fire that is coming to life. Looking out and off to his right he see's the sun still above the horizon. A few clouds hang in the air above it)

Barry: Preparations for the night. I think we are about to witness a beautiful sunset, Teddy.

(Further up the beach he sees two figures walking down the beach and further still behind them another small group following.)

Barry: Evening shell collectors Teddy, remaining discoveries must surely await them on this deserted stretch. We should find that box tonight, our little collection should be displayed now on those empty shelves in the hallway.

(The man by the fire sees Barry and waves, summoning him down the small hill, he says something but Barry can't hear it.)

Barry: It seems we are invited Teddy. Shall we cast our fears aside and take adventurous steps? We will be cautious around the fire but I must say I would welcome the warmth just now. The temperature has dropped. But you don't notice do you? Lucky Bear.

(Barry begins walking carefully down the narrow trail to the sand)

- SpiritontheWater

(Mitch and Erlemeyer park the car and cross the street from the pier, they see Butchie Kai and Cissy standing on the sand on the south side, Butchie and Kai are finishing rinsing off and getting out of their wetsuits at the shower area there)

Erlemeyer: Well Mitch, Those clouds are telling me this is the end of the day here. Gonna take a walk of it's all the same to you.

Mitch: No, not at all, you go and enjoy.. Looks like were gonna have a nice one tonight...I think I'm gonna go talk to Cissy there (Erlemeyer nods an walks off finding a place to sit on a wall just north of the pier. Mitch walks over to where Cissy is talking to Butchie and Kai)

Cissy: Even the big Kahuna's got to stop and watch the fireworks doesn't he?

Mitch: Yeah, Cissy, let's take a walk, I think we need to take this one in together

Cissy: (shocked but softened, smiles and puts her arm through his) Well, wonders never cease, lead the way! (she looks at Butchie and Kai) We'll be seeing ya.... (as they walk off she turns and gives them the thumbs up) Great fuckin air today.. both of you! (Cissy and Mitch walk off down the sidewalk and out onto the sand)

Butchie: Well fuck me! There's a sight I thought I'd never seen again.

Kai: If we hurry I bet we could get a spot at the end of the pier.

Butchie: Well hell, you don't think I'm gonna let the old man show me up! (sticks his elbow out, Kai puts her arm through and leans into him) Let's watch this fucker fire my lady! (they walk up on the pier and start toward the end) Hey, where'd Shaunie get off to?

Kai: Don't worry Butchie, I saw him taking off with some friends down the beach. I think they met some chicks.

Butchie: That's my boy! Like Father like Son!

Kai: (swings her leg up and tries to kick him in the butt) Yeah, like father like son...

- SpiritontheWater

(Meyer and Daphne sit on a blanket just south of the pier)

Meyer:
That was a most spectacular thing we just witnessed Daphne. We are in the presence of greatness, I hope you realize...

Daphne: (smothering her face into Meyers neck, kissing his neck and tonguing his ear) Mmmnh I wish these people would leave so we could cover up right here.

Meyer: A most spectacular Sunset is about to ensue and we don't want to miss it my... oh my...

(Meyer is temporarily overtaken by the lavish attention given to his neck while looking around up at the pier and surrounding stragglers left
on the beach).

- SpiritontheWater

(Jerri and Dwayne sit at a table in a taco place just off the sand just south of the pier)

Jerri: Nice to eat somebody else's food for a change. They make some damn good tacos here (she takes another bite and looks at Dwayne who sits staring at the computer, his basket of Tacos untouched.)

Dwayne: I'm not getting anything now. Maybe the feed has just gone down or there is some interference?

Jerri: (reaches over and closes the laptop) Fucking something more important than those fucking stick figures you think? Take a look at the sky if you wanna see something worth getting a feed from. And eat your tacos they're getting fucking cold.

Dwayne: (looks at his watch) We got another twenty minutes before sunset.

Jerri: (leans over the table and pulls her collar down exposing a bit more of her breasts) You wanna see the sun go down or the moon rise? I'm taking you off line either way.

Dwayne: (sits back and smiles. He starts unwrapping his tacos) I'll eat my tacos and we'll watch the sunset together.

Jerri: (sits back and smiles) All hail the power of the tit... I need another margarita (she looks for a waitress)

- SpiritontheWater

Do no harm

Sven2

(Bill walks down a dead end street lined with expensive beach front homes carefully shielding his breast pocket, he walks up to an opening in the beachfront wall posted with a sign reading "Beach Access". He walks down a paved path and sits down on a bench facing the ocean. Opening his pocket, zippy flies out and returns to land on his shoulder)

Bill: You see Zip, even the rich and greedy can't steal every bit of this beautiful strip of sand we got here at the end of the world. We make 'em cut a whole in the wall so us poor bastards can have a seat and take a look at what's all of ours. (he looks up and sees a couple out on their balcony sipping drinks and awaiting the sunset, he raises an imaginary glass) Evenin'! (they don't return the greeting) Here we go my Lo, I lost count now we've had so many.

(Bill pulls his harmonica out of his pocket and plays a short blues riff to which Zippy bobs his head and cheeps. He drops the harmonica to his lap and stares out at the horizon)

- SpiritontheWater

(Joe stokes the fire at his campsite and looks over to Magdalena who is bundling up in some blankets)

Joe: We'll it ain't much but it's home. Gonna have a nice sunset tonight, not that we'll be seein it proper from here, but the looks of those clouds we should get a nice bit of color once that bad boy bottoms out below the horizon. (he offers her a plate) This little hibachi of mine ain't much either but I've managed from time to time to pull some pretty good grub off it. These skewers are some of my favorites.

Magdalena: (looking very comfortable and happy, she looks up to the sky) Gracias Mr. Joe. It is delicious, and I am going to be most happy this night underneath these stars.

- SpiritontheWater

(Linc and Tina sit in the El Camino in the same parking lot up the coast that Shaun and Adam were at before sunrise)

Tina: Well that was a wild ride.

Linc: This baby's juiced to beat the band that's for sure. Not as much elbow room as I'm used to but I can sure appreciate the muscle.

Tina: Well a bench seat's always been a preference of mine.

Linc: (looks at Tina and laughs) You are a bad girl aren't you?

Tina: I've seen my share of sunsets.

- SpiritontheWater

------------------------

(Doctor Smith gets off his bike and leans it against the climbing tower at the surf camp, he walks over and climbs up on one of the picnic benches. He looks back toward the radio transmission compound and then out toward the horizon)

Dr. Smith: I am here, and who ever I am, I am just going to wait to find out who exactly that is. Bring it on ye gods and goddesses (he laughs at himself)

- SpiritontheWater

(Ramon pulls a folding chair out in front of the office and sits down. He places a cup of tea on the bbq shelf, leaning back he opens an x rated magazine)

Ramon: Ahh, quite at last... Lord, you got some crazy white people around here, I'm tellin' ya...(he sees Palaka walk across the courtyard carrying a flashlight which he is randomly aiming around the landscape and structures before entering the bar) See what I'm sayin'? (he looks up at the sky and notices the clouds) gonna be a nice show tonight.

- SpiritontheWater

-----------------------

(John and the Car Salesman sit on a small outcropping looking down on the growing bonfire as Barry and the others approach)

John: This is big and huge.

Car Salesman: Could be son, but thing is you never can tell for sure. Sometimes folks just don't get it. But (he laughs) we give em a light show and a little stink and there's no tellin' who's gonna sit right up at their desk and raise their hand!

- SpiritontheWater

(Cass is seen driving inland toward the mountains, gaining speed, hair blowing in the wind, tears in her eyes, away from the sunset as the closing song begins)

- SpiritontheWater

The End - sort of

Closing song
The Sky Is Crying- Stevie Ray Vaughan [High Quality No vid]
Do no harm

Sven2

Episode 13, His Visit, Day 12

DISCLAIMER:
John From Cincinnati and its canon characters are the property of HBO and the show's producers; no copyright infringement is intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cissy and Mitch spend the day together. Shaun asks John's advice. Cass' camera saves Jake. The motel gets a delivery. Butchie helps Tina. John channels Lois. Erlemeyer seeks answers on the pier. Shaun puts on his game face.

Written by: backinthegame, SpiritontheWater, theshriek, Walkara, Waxon

-------------------

(Lying in bed, Mitch stares at the ceiling. Cissy, asleep on her side next to him, looks rarely peaceful. Mitch turns to her and throws his arm across her side and smells her coconut hair, startling her awake in the process.)

Cissy: (groggy) Whadda you want?

Mitch: (removes his arm and turns back to the ceiling) Nothing...can't I just put my arm around my wife if I feel like it?

Cissy:
(perplexed) I guess...you old fuckin' goat.

Mitch: (he puts his arm back around her) So...what's the plan today? I thought you might like to spend the day together.

Cissy:
Goddamit, Mitch...if you wanna get fucked, just fuckin' say so.

Mitch:
(takes his arm away again) You know, Cissy, things might be a little better between us if you'd cut me some slack...

Cissy:
(sitting up in bed) Well...you know, Mitch, I might would cut ya some fuckin' slack if you ever goddam deserved it, Mr. Center of the Fuckin' Universe. The Surf Shack is going under, Dolores is all up my ass for her arrears, Shaunie moved-in with Butchie the fuck-up and his pal Mork, and you fucked that skinny blonde bitch--feel free to jump-the-fuck in with solutions any goddam time....

Mitch: (rolls his eyes) Fine, Cissy, fine. I'm a complete asshole, responsible for all your problems and unhappiness...better? (He turns on his side, away from her)

Cissy: Much. (She grins) Ah, c'mon, numbnuts, don't start feelin' all fuckin' sorry for yourself. (She pulls the covers down and slaps his ass playfully)

Mitch: I'm not feelin' sorry...I just find the incessant ball-busting a little tiresome.

Cissy: (turning white) Incest?? What the fuck are you talking about??

Mitch: No, no: in·ces·sant. It means 'continuing without interruption.'

Cissy:
Oh...(the color returns to her face) Talk about killin' the goddam mood. Shit! Why can't you just fuckin' say shit plain like the fuckin' most of us??

Mitch:
I'm just sayin'...

Cissy: Well, what kind of interruption are ya lookin' for? You got another kind of "ball-busting" in mind? (She illustrates with her hand on his package.)

Mitch:
(Stiffening from her touch, he turns back to her) Guess I'll take that fucking now. (He grins and runs his hand down her arm)

Cissy:
...since you asked so fuckin' nice...(She takes off the t-shirt she slept in, exposing herself) C'mere. (She slides down, eye-level with Mitch, and kisses him on the cheek, softly)

Mitch: (surprised by her affection, he wraps his arms around her) You're a hell of a woman. (He leans down and kisses her on the lips)

Cissy: (Breaking their lip-lock) And you're a total son of a bitch. (She reaches down and helps him inside her) Now, show me why-the-fuck they call you 'The Big Kahuna.'

Mitch: (smiling, pushing it right) You're the only one that calls me that.

Cissy:
I better fuckin' be, asshole. (She meets his rhythm, and they have sweaty, passionate monkey sex, leaving fingernail marks all over Mitch's back as evidence.)

- Walkara

-------------------

(There's a knock at Bill's front door. Bill is sitting on the couch in his boxer shorts, cringing through the morning news. He gets up, walks to the door, and peeks in the peephole. Recognizing John, he scratches himself and opens the door)

Bill: I-got-my-eye-on-you! What the fuck do you want?

John: (channeling Lois) It's a beautiful morning, Billy.

Bill: (grabs John by the shirt, and pulls him inside. Slamming the door behind them, Bill gets in John's face) What the fuck did I tell you about the goddam Charlie McCathy imitations?! Huh?!

John: "To pound his head through, with your fist, and hold him, gagging and thrashing beneath the surface of the very, very, very thin ice he's on 'till he drowns"? (He cocks his head, channeling Lois) Billy?! I'm appalled by the way you treat this young man who is trying to assist you. You treat him with such contempt!

Bill: Lo?! Dear God, sweetheart, forgive me (Bill embraces John) I cannot fuckin' reconcile myself to hearing your sweet words comin' from E.T.-over-here's lips.

John:
(in his own voice) Get your composure.

Bill:
(Pushes John away from him) Lois?! Lo? You still in there?

John: I'm right here, Billy. I came by to tell you to take Her Ladyship with you on your adventures today.

Bill: Adventures?? More like a goddam, frequently illegal, circle jerk. Fuck me: Her Ladyship??! You sure 'bout that, dear? I'm not certain she's up to fuckin' task.

(Her Ladyship begins sqwaking aggressively)

John: (Lois' voice) Good Lord! Who taught her to curse like that?? (disapprovingly) Billy...?

Bill: What?! Wasn't me: it was probably Zip: he's been swearin' like a sailor ever since he got back.

(Zippy flies from his unlatched cage and perches on Bill's shoulder)

John: Zippy: the big cruise director! (As Lois) The vato who gutted this young man is still at large, Billy. (In his own voice again) Joe needs your help. Listen to Zippy and Her Ladyship: they hear my father's words.

Bill: Alright, alright: I better go put some goddam trousers on then. Every fuckin' day brings more goddam insanity...Lo? You still there?

John: I don't know Butchie instead.

Bill: And there you have it folks: a decorated officer of the law, reduced to asking questions of a fucking moron who's given to occasional possession by his deceased wife! A goddam shame, is what it is. The universe is fucking with me again. God, or whatever the fuck is calling the shots, must get off by watchin' us assfuck ourselves!

John: My father means well.

Bill: Yeah? Well tell him that if he's gonna send me messages from my dear Lois, I'd fuckin' appreciate if it came from her sweet face and not some goddam space cadet!

John: This could end in fisticuffs. (Zippy flies over to her ladyship's cage, and perched on top of it, waiting for Bill to set her free.)

Bill: (Shaking his head, hands over his face) Jesus Christ! (When he brings his arms back down and opens his eyes John has disappeared. He walks over to Her Ladyship's cage and opens it. She exits with exuberance, and perches next to Zippy on the top of the cage, they exchange a few heated words, then Zippy flies back to Bill's shoulder) Get off me, Zip! (He pauses, listening) Because I can't very well go gallavanting around town in my goddam underwear, now can I? (Pause) Whaddaya mean 'especially those ones'? (pauses, turning red) Oh...thought I felt a goddam draft on my boys. (listens) Don't be acting all fucking delicate...  Well, maybe I would if you'd quit fuckin' chirping in my damn ear! (pause, listening to Her Ladyship) You just butt-the-fuck-out: no one's talking to you. (long pause) Okay, okay, okay, Judas Priest! I beg your fuckin' forgiveness with my sincere apology! (under his breath) That fuckin' crap machine is gonna be the end of me. (He walks over to the couch, picks up his pants and puts them on, albeit with difficulty) Musta fuckin' shrunk in the wash. (Zippy sqwaks) Oh, fuck you, bird brain! I'll eat all the goddam waffles I want.

- Walkara

-------------------

(Cissy grinds on Mitch and he arches his head back into the pillow, then she stops and shakes her head with a quizzical look on her face)

Cissy: Why am I all of a sudden thinking about fuckin'...Peter Pan?

Mitch: (opening his eyes and looking around) Maybe because we're five inches off the fucking bed!

Cissy: (looking around and seeing that she is riding Mitch in the air) Oh my God, I'm riding the fucking magic carpet!... Guess you're having your fucking happy thought now!

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------

(Shaun is sleeping on his back under the covers on Butchie's bed; he is smiling contentedly as he dreams. John is lying motionless on a mattress on the floor, eyes closed. His eyes pop open. he seems startled and sits up. Shaun stirs)

John: Shaun better get rid of the unsightly bulge.

(Shaun looks at John, looks down, blushes and sits up gathering the bedclothes)

Shaun:
Fucking hell John!

John: Fucking hell Shaun!

Shaun: Where's my dad?

John: Bringing down the hammer

Shaun: (he blushes again) Jesus, John.

(John smiles; after an awkward silence, Shaun scoots to the side of the bed)

Shaun: Can I ask you a question John?

John: Ask me a question Shaun.

Shaun:
Have you ever kissed a girl? I mean like properly (John cocks his head to the side and looks at Shaun quizzically) I mean it's not like I haven't had the opportunity; that girl Melanie last night... (His sentence fails him)

(John wants to help but doesn't know what to say, he grimaces in the most encouraging way he can.)

Shaun: I mean what if I don't do it right. Fucking Sam says he made it to 3rd base with that chick in Huntington. (He cradles his head in his hands) Every one of my fucking friends watches my mum do it... (He trails off again)

John: Tina does not raise your friends, nor show you how to do that.

(Another awkward silence is interrupted by Butchie bursting through the door)

Butchie: What's up losers? get the fuck out of bed or miss the fucking donuts! (he dumps a paper bag on the coffee table)

John: Shaun wants to bone Melanie

(Shaun looks mortified)

Butchie:
Well fuck me... the little man is a chip off the old block after all (he walks over and slaps Shaunie on the back). There I was thinking you'd get fucking carpal tunnel. If there's anything you need to know, this guy (he points both thumbs at his chest) is your man. (Shaun is failing to find a rock to crawl under) Just try not to throw up on her. That's a real mood killer (Butchie strides into the bathroom and slams the door, he shouts from inside) Talk amongst yourselves, I've got to crap like its fucking Christmas.

(Shaun sighs and collapses back on his back on the bed)

(John stands up, flips his collar up and walks outside)

- backinthegame

-------------------

(Butchie flushes the toilet, runs his hands under the sink for a second, without soap, shakes them off, and walks out of the bathroom.)

Butchie: Where'd John go?

Shaun: (lying down, eyes close) He went outside. (He sniffs and opens his eyes in disgust) Uhhh...that's rank, dad. What the heck did you eat?

Butchie: Waffles, omelettes, doughnuts, a hot dog, a snickers bar, (He grins) pussy...

Shaun:
You get an 'F' for fume control. Phew! Crack a window, would ya?

Butchie: (walking to the door) I'm going next door to room E. Kai's still fuckin' sleepin'.

Shaun: Now, you're gonna bring down the hammer...

Butchie:
(gives Shaun a devilish grin) Shit, buddy: I'm gonna bring down the fuckin' house. (He throws opens the door and struts out, leaving it open in order to air the room out. He walks next door and goes inside.)

John: (standing across the parking-lot) Make her see God, Butchie.

- Walkara

-------------------
Do no harm

Sven2

(Joe wakes up in his sleeping bag on the ground. He rubs his face with his hands and sits up. He notices that his cot, where Magdalena should be, is empty. He gets up, stretches and walks out of the tent. Outside, he surveys the area, and is shocked to see that every last plant has been harvested and is hanging to dry. Magdalena is bent over the campfire, cooking breakfast. Joe's dutch oven is sizzling with eggs and bacon. In another smaller pan, Magdalena is making corn tortillas.)

Joe: Mornin', darlin'.

Magdalena: Good Morning, Joe. Did you sleep well?

Joe: Slept like a fuckin babe--but how in the hell did you manage to get all them fuckin' plants cut? And why the hell didn't ya wake me up?

Magdalena: As I said, my grandfather taught me how to harvest--and I wanted to do something for you, to express my sincere thanks for all you've done.

Joe: I ain't done shit yet. So far, your boy's trail has gone colder than a witch's tit.

Magdalena: You saved me from those rabid dogs! I never thought that the search would be easy or quick, but I am heartened to have the help of such fine men as you and Mr. Jacks.

Joe: Bill's good people. I ain't 'xactly the Dali fuckin' Llama, but you got my word that I ain't givin' up 'till we find him.

Magdalena: You are a good man, Joe. Decent and kind. Handsome too.

Joe: (blushing) Shiiit, Mags...you sure know how to tweak a feller's ego. (he walks over to her, and smells the smoky bacon and eggs) Goddam! that smells good.

Magdalena: I made some salsa fresca; it's in the cooler. I hope you like it hot.

Joe: If it ain't burnin' my tongue it has no business in my mouth.

Magdalena: (Blushes) Would you like some coffee (she grabs the coffee pot from the fire with a towel and fills a mug for him.) Sugar?

Joe: No thanks. Take it black. (He takes the mug from her and sips) I'll be damned! (he takes another sip) That's some good fuckin' coffee; such a rich goddam flavor.

Magdalena: I'm glad you like it. I brought it with me from home. We call it Corazón del café.

Joe: Very good. (He takes another sip, and sits down on a stump of wood) I figure we'll head into town in an hour or so and rendezvous with Bill at the VFW.

Magdalena: He is such a gentleman. So patient and thoughtful.

Joe: Bill Jacks?

Magdalena: Yes. He treated me so respectfully. I was surprised to find that not all American police revile Mexicans. His wife is very lucky.

Joe: Bill's retired, and his wife past away a while back.

Magdalena: Oh dear! I must have sounded so foolish asking him about her. Why didn't he tell me, rather than let me go on asking him about her?

Joe: Don't sweat yer pretty head 'bout that, Mags. Bill ain't the type to get all bent outta shape on account of a purdy lady. Don't suffer fools none, but, like the most of us, he's got a fuckin' sweet spot for a lady.

Magdalena: You are such a gentleman, Joe. (She walks over to him and kisses him on the cheek. When she leans in he breathes her in. She smells fresh like cilatro with a hint of spice. When her lips touch his cheek, goosebumps spread over his arms and legs and up his spine. He turns his head as she lifts them from him, and face to face, their eyes meet. Magdalena looks right into him, smiles and kisses him softly on the lips then goes back to the fire and flips the eggs and bacon over.)

Joe: (breathless from the unassuming kiss, unsure whether it was a simple show of friendly affection or something more. He takes another sip of coffee) It's good to have some company out here--didn't even realize how lonely it gets 'till you got here.

Magdalena: (dishing a plate of food) It's a pleasure to be here with you, Joe. (She walks over to him and hands him the plate then goes to the cooler and takes a small container of neatly chopped salsa fresca out, walks back and offers it to him. Joe takes the container and dumps some over his breakfast.) I hope it's okay. I forgot to include a lemon on my list.

Joe: (wrapping a tortilla around a mound of eggs and salsa, he takes a big bite, then another and another until it's gone) Fuckin' delicious! (he begins rolling another tortilla) Whew! that is spicy; fuckin' tasty as hell too.

Magdalena: I'm so glad you like it. Would you like a concha? (she offers him the Mexican sweet bread)

Joe: (he accepts it and takes a big bite) Mmmmm...(chewing)...Damn! this is good.

Magdalena: Would you like some juice?

Joe: Why don't you sit down and eat?

Magdalena: I will, after I've served you.

Joe: Sit the hell down, Mags. I 'preciate everything, but I ain't gonna let you wait on me hand and fuckin' foot.

Magdalena: You are the most generous man. Very well. (She fixes herself a plate and sits at the folding table just north of the fire.) Shall I say grace?

Joe: Umm...I ain't a believer, but you go right onahead. (Gathers his food and sits across the table from her)

Magdalena: (clasping her hands and bowing her head) Father, we thank thee for your grace, and acknowledge your sheltering hand in our lives. Bless this food to nourish and strengthen us. And thank you for bringing us together, for sending Joe to me, and for Mr. Jacks. Bless these men. And, dear Lord, please help us find Alejandro. Please protect him. Amen. (she raises her head and catches Joe staring at her) What is it, Joe?

Joe: (Clearing his throat) Nuthin', darlin'. Just thinkin'.

Magdalena: What were you thinking?

Joe: Nuthin' (he lies) I'm just glad to be able to help ya out.

Magdalena: Oh. (She finishes her plate of food, then sits back in her seat; producing a masterfully rolled joint, she lights it and takes a long, experienced hit, then offers it to Joe) Here.

Joe: (accepts the joint and takes a long, slow hit then exhales) That's a damn fine joint. (under his breath, to himself) The perfect goddam woman.

- Walkara

-------------------

(Tina and Linc are having coffee at Jerri's internet cafe. Linc is on the phone with Jake. Tina is on the phone with her former manager, Rafe.)

Tina: I already told ya, Rafe: I'm out. (listens) I don't give a fuck how much you offer me--I'm not making Moist Thighs, Pink Buns 4 (pause) You know what, Rafe: fuck off! (She hangs up the phone and listens to Linc's conversation)

Linc:...Chill the fuck out, Jake. Okay?? Shit! You've just gotta relax. We'll find out when they get here this afternoon.

Jake: (on the phone in his hotel room) I'm fucked, Linc: and YOU fucked me! My head is fuckin' killin' me!

Linc: Well, go take a fuckin' Midol and nurse your pussy 'till I get there then.

Jake: Fuck you, Linc. (he hangs up)

Tina: He's freaking out?

Linc: (flips his cell phone shut) Yeah. Whining like a little bitch.

Tina: Do you think he'll lose his job?

Linc: Honestly? I have no fuckin' clue. Thing is: there's a shitload of buzz about the exposition being here. They've just got their panties in a bunch over being kept outta the loop--somethin' they're gonna have to get used to, 'cause there's no fuckin' way we can appease the Yost's and the Money. But without the talent, the Money doesn't got shit.

Tina: Except money, right?

Linc: Yeah, I guess. (He reaches across the table and takes her hands) I've gotta go in just a minute. Will you drop me off over there?--fuck! I need my damn Navigator back!

Tina: Umm...I'm meeting someone here in a little while, so I better not leave--but you can take my car.

Linc: A meeting? With who? Is Rafe in town?

Tina: No. The agency is sending a Rep. down to negotiate the terms of my recusal from the Agency.

Linc: What, like percentage points?

Tina: That, and other things. (She lets go of Linc's hand)

Linc: Like what?

Tina: Nothin' you need to worry about, Linc.

Linc: In other words, you don't wanna tell me. (He looks her in the eye, telling her she can trust him with them)

Tina: Just let it go, okay?

Linc: Fine...but just know that you can fuckin' tell me anything--and I won't fuckin' judge you.

Tina: (She leans over the table and kisses him) It's just business stuff. C'mon Linc: I really like you, and I wanna be with you. This is just a personal matter.

Linc: You mean: none of my business.

Tina: I mean: none of anyone's business.

Linc: Okay, okay...I'll try to respect "your privacy"--I just thought you trusted me.

Tina: I do trust you...more than I've ever trusted another man, but we've only known each other for like a week. Don't get me wrong; I'm really happy (she reaches over and puts her hand on his face) with how things are going, but it's all happening so fast. Maybe we should slow things down a little.

Linc: Meaning what? Are you fuckin' sayin' what I think your fuckin' sayin'?

Tina: No. No way! I just need a little space, some patience, is all. Is that too much to ask?

Linc: 'Course not, but it feels like you're withdrawing from me. I want you to trust me, with everything--and I want to be there for ya, and be worthy of your trust.

Tina: (eyes glazed) I want that too...it's just, I need some space to figure all this out--my life didn't start when I came back to I.B., Linc. I have things that I have to take care of if I plan to stick around.

Linc: I thought you wanted a fresh fuckin' start?

Tina: I do. But I can't just wipe the slate clean. No matter what I ever do: the world will always see me as Tina Blake: Professional Whore.

Linc: You don't know that...but even so: who fuckin' cares--the only thing that really matters is how you see yourself.

Tina: (leans over and kisses him again) It matters how you see me.

Linc: I see a smart, sexy, thoughtful, delicate, beautiful woman that deserves a fresh fuckin' start, and deserves to be treated like the kind soul she is. (He scoots his chair over to her and they start making-out)

Jerri: (across the cafe, behind the bar, watching them) Jesus! If yer gonna shag, take it outside! Sorry, honey, he'll have to get your hole later. (under her breath) Fuckin' arseholes!

Linc: (ignoring Jerri, but surfacing for air) But if you need some space, I'll give it to you. You're not the only one that's trying to change their life, and the least I can do is give you space.

Tina: Don't you have secrets from me?

Linc: Nothing comes to mind...

Tina: That's not a very good answer.

Jerri: (eavesdropping) That's 'cause he's a dodgy fuck!

Linc: (to Jerri, smiling) Who asked you?! (to Tina) Nope. I'm an open book.

Tina: Promise?

Linc: I promise.

Tina: Okay (she takes a deep breath)...the agency wants me to stay on payroll as a consultant and recruiter.

Linc: You gonna do it?

Tina: I don't want to, but I have to earn a living, Linc...I've got some savings, but I can't just live off of everyone else forever--and The Business is all I know...on the other hand, I can't stomach the thought of luring other girls into the life, because I know how fucking soulless it is. I don't know what to do...

Linc: Why didn't you wanna tell me?

Tina: I didn't think you'd approve, and I'm not going to live off you.

Linc: Why Not! (points to himself) Hello: Millionaire. I don't really approve, but I'll support you whatever you fuckin' decide. I think The Business did a fuckin' number on you, and I don't think you'll feel good about yourself until you make a clean break, but it's your choice.

Tina: The business isn't the source of my problems, Linc: but it magnified everything.

Linc: Then why would you even consider helping those cocksuckers out?

Tina: Because it's all I know...look at Jenna Jameson: she's the head of her own empire--and since she got married, she only performs with other women.

Linc: Hold on! Are you sayin' you're still considering making "films"?

Tina: Of course not! No fucking way! I'm just considering working behind the scenes.

Linc: Well, whatever you decide: I've got your back, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Tina: I haven't made up my mind either way, but thanks for letting me be honest and not making me feel ashamed about it.

Linc: More than anything, I don't want you to feel fuckin' ashamed ever again--you've had enough of that shit for one life. You're a gentle, gorgeous woman, Tina--not a product to be bought and sold.

Tina: And you're my man.

Linc: Damn fuckin' straight. (he pecks her on the lips and stand up) Alright, I'm gonna head down to the office and calm Jake down before he goes into labor or something. (he walks to the door)

Tina: Hey, Linc...

Linc: Yeah? (He turns and looks at her)

Tina: I...ll miss you.

Linc: I love you too. (he walks out the door, filled with purpose)

- Walkara

-------------------

Do no harm

Sven2

(Cissy drives her Stingray to The Surf Shack. Mitch is in the passenger seat, looking in side mirror at the string of news vans following them)

Cissy: What the fuck do those fuckin' parasites want now?

Mitch: I don't know...except for on the pier, they pretty much left us alone yesterday--I was hoping they might've lost interest.

Cissy: Maybe they needed a fuckin' break from listening to you lecture them about world affairs.

Mitch: (sarcastically) Very funny...there's like four or five news vans back there. Those bloodsuckers are out in full force today.

(Mitch and Cissy arrive at The Surf Shack, park, and go inside. Several news vans park behind them. A gang of reporters and their cameramen exit and approach the entrance, now locked with Cissy and Mitch inside.)

Cissy: (walks over and plops down on the couch) What the fuck we do now?

Mitch: (looking out the window) I hate to break it to ya, Cissy: but Doris is on her way over here.

Cissy: Shit! Duck! Get the fuck away from the window, asshole, or she'll see you!

Mitch: Too late. I think she watched us park.

Cissy: Godammit! Fuck me...

Mitch: She's making her way over to the reporters...maybe I should go out and see what they want.

Cissy: You go do that, Mitchell--and get rid of Doris while you're at it.

Mitch: (Opens the door a crack, slides out, and closes it quickly behind him) What do you people want?

Reporter 1: Mitch Yost! When can we expect to see you back out on the water?

Mitch: No Comment.

Reporter 2: Are you aware that the Youtube videos of your son and grandson have received half a million hits in less than twenty-four hours? Every major news outlet is giving the expo free advertising because of it.

Mitch: Wow...I think.

Reporter 3: Mr. Yost? the other day you spoke about the environment, and even touched on terrorism. What are your thoughts on nuclear proliferation?

Mitch: I'm afraid that the powers-that-be are playing on the fears of the misinformed American public to justify a preemptive nuclear strike against a certain Arabian country.

Reporter 4: What do you have to say to the critics that argue that the attention focused on the family is just a reaction to Stinkweed's deception concerning your grandson's now-debunked "miraculous recovery"?

Mitch: I say: they're right. Look, everyone knows our family history with Stinkweed has been pretty troubled, to put it lightly--but, with the departure of Linc Stark, I'm encouraged that they will honor the agreements they made with my family.

Doris: (pushing to the front) When can I expect to have my arrears satisfied?

Mitch: (Amused by her wording, he smiles) I'll let ya talk to Cissy. She's inside. (He opens the door, allows Doris inside, and closes it behind her)

Reporter 5: Is it true that the family signed with Stinkweed to keep from bankruptcy? Did you sell yourself, your ideals, and your family out, to keep from ending up in the unemployment line?

Mitch: Piss off, dirtbag! Stinkweed made us an offer we couldn't refuse, and we signed with the agreement that we had final say in all matters relating to the family, as well as a commitment from them to help clean up Imperial Beach.

Reporter 5: But why would Stinkweed, notorious for their micro-managerial style and questionable ethics, agree to give you all the control?

Mitch: I guess you've never seen us surf.

(All the reporters laugh, except the one that asked the question.)

(Inside, Doris walks over to Cissy, still sitting on the couch, feeling Doris' eyes on the back of her head, resentfully. Doris walks around the couch and faces Cissy, and gives her a slightly comical, but stern and disapproving look)

Cissy: Alright, alright Doris, how much do I fuckin' owe ya?

Doris: I've been trying to track you down for days, Cissy. Don't think I didn't notice that you've been ducking me. I know you've had a crazy week, what with Shaunie's injury and whatnot, but that is no excuse to avoid me and your financial responsibilities. When I saw you parking a sports car, I told myself 'that's the last straw, Doris.' So here I am. Now, lets see: $650 a month times seven months is: $4,550.00 plus a hundred dollars a month penalty fee comes to: $5,250.00. Now, since you've just singed a lucrative contract with that surfing company, I assume you can afford to pay me outright, otherwise, I'm going to be forced to find a new renter.

Cissy: We ain't received shit yet, Doris. The car was paid for by the asshole that wrecked into my Miata. But give me to the end of the day to figure something the hell out. Shit, if I can't: you can go ahead and kick us out tomorrow.

Doris: Now, you know, Cissy, that I'm very fond of your family, and the last thing I want is to cause further turmoil, but I simply must be compensated ASAP; you're not the only one with money problems. Understand?

Cissy: Jesus! Yes, yes I get it. (rolls her eyes)

(Doris nods her head, walks to the door, and slips outside. When she does, Cissy hears Mitch talking to the reporters, sounding almost content. She takes her cell phone out of her purse and hits #2 on the speed dial)

Butchie: (Back at the Snug Harbor, fresh from the shower, still in the bathroom, he answers his cell phone)Yeah?

Cissy: Hey, what did you fuckin' mean when you said Capt. Kirk could "make money appear and every other fuckin' thing"?

Butchie: You mean John?

Cissy: Who the fuck else, retard?

Butchie: Alls ya gotta do is ask him for somethin' and he fuckin' pulls it right outta his fuckin' pockets. Just like that. That's where I got this phone from--and his fuckin' credit card too.

Cissy: Hmmm...why don't you bring him the fuck down to the Surf Shack?

Butchie: Okay, ma. He's out in the parking lot with Palaka, I think. Let me throw some fuckin' clothes on, and I'll head down there with him. Cool?

Cissy: Just fuckin' hurry! (She takes a breath) Hey, is Kai right there?

Butchie: Nope. Fuckin' drove down to Black's to catch some waves. I've gotta get this shithole cleaned up a little to make room for the rest of Shaunie's stuff.

Cissy: Where is Shaunie?

Butchie: Fuckin' skatin', I think.

Cissy: You keep an eye on him, you hear me?!

Butchie: I know, I know, ma. I got it covered: he's my fuckin' kid after all.

Cissy: (scathing with sarcasm) Really?? He's your son, huh? Guess I musta forgot that while I was busy fuckin' raisin' him the last thirteen goddam years!

Butchie: He's fourteen, ma.

Cissy: What-the-fuck-ever! Just hurry the fuck up and get down here, dipshit--I've gotta get Doris off my ass before she becomes permanently attached.

Butchie: (snorts) I'll be there in a fuckin' minute, okay? (he hangs up)

Cissy: (flips her phone shut) Today might not be a complete ass-fuck after all.

Mitch: (walks in the door) Okay, Cissy. They agreed to leave us alone if I promised to let them film me surfing later. What'd Doris say?

Cissy: That she wants her fuckin' money...what else, Ghandi?

Mitch: I meant: how much do we owe her?

Cissy: Like five fuckin' grand...Butchie's bringing that John down here in a minute.

Mitch: Why?

Cissy: I'm gonna pimp him out. Make him give Doris sexual favors to work off our debt. (She grins)

Mitch: (shudders) Better him than me, I guess. (smiles) But, seriously, what for?

Cissy: Butchie says he fuckin' pulls money and shit out of thin air.

Mitch: How?

Cissy: Gee, I don't know Mitch...how the fuck is any of this craziness possible??!

Mitch: Good point. What? does it just appear in his hands or something?

Cissy: His pockets?

Mitch: Pockets, huh? Interesting...

Cissy: What the fuck is so "interesting" about that, Mitch? You'd prefer he pulled it right outta his ass?

Mitch: Give it a rest, huh? Just relax. If what Butchie said is true, you're about to get a huge weight lifted from your shoulders. Though, I have to say, I'm a little concerned about the ethics of accepting money for nothing.

Cissy: Jesus Fucking Christ, Shit-for-brains!!! For one: the weight is being lifted from OUR shoulders--remember: this is OUR business; just 'cause you're barely fuckin' here don't mean the debt ain't yours too. And fuck, fuck, fuck your "ethics of accepting money for nothing." (shaking her head) What the fuck?

Mitch: I'm just saying...

Cissy: That's the goddam problem: you're always "just saying": it's been a fuckin' lifetime since you actually fuckin' DID something instead of just fuckin' "meditating on it".

Mitch: Maybe us spending the day together wasn't such a good idea...

Cissy: Shut the fuck up and get over here.

Mitch: Fuck you. (sits down next to her on the couch) What?

Cissy: You hungry?

Mitch: I could eat.

Cissy: What sounds good?

Mitch: Sushi...maybe a lettuce wrap.

Cissy: Fuck that! I need something that walked the earth; that bled.

Mitch: You know I don't eat red meat, Cissy. The cattle are injected with all those chemicals.

Cissy: Yeah, like raw fish isn't loaded with mercury and traces of the fuckin' sludge that gets dumped into the ocean.

- Walkara
Do no harm

Sven2

-------------------

(Cissy drives her Stingray to The Surf Shack. Mitch is in the passenger seat, looking in side mirror at the string of news vans following them)

Cissy: What the fuck do those fuckin' parasites want now?

Mitch: I don't know...except for on the pier, they pretty much left us alone yesterday--I was hoping they might've lost interest.

Cissy: Maybe they needed a fuckin' break from listening to you lecture them about world affairs.

Mitch: (sarcastically) Very funny...there's like four or five news vans back there. Those bloodsuckers are out in full force today.

(Mitch and Cissy arrive at The Surf Shack, park, and go inside. Several news vans park behind them. A gang of reporters and their cameramen exit and approach the entrance, now locked with Cissy and Mitch inside.)

Cissy: (walks over and plops down on the couch) What the fuck we do now?

Mitch: (looking out the window) I hate to break it to ya, Cissy: but Doris is on her way over here.

Cissy: Shit! Duck! Get the fuck away from the window, asshole, or she'll see you!

Mitch: Too late. I think she watched us park.

Cissy: Godammit! Fuck me...

Mitch: She's making her way over to the reporters...maybe I should go out and see what they want.

Cissy: You go do that, Mitchell--and get rid of Doris while you're at it.

Mitch: (Opens the door a crack, slides out, and closes it quickly behind him) What do you people want?

Reporter 1: Mitch Yost! When can we expect to see you back out on the water?

Mitch: No Comment.

Reporter 2: Are you aware that the Youtube videos of your son and grandson have received half a million hits in less than twenty-four hours? Every major news outlet is giving the expo free advertising because of it.

Mitch: Wow...I think.

Reporter 3: Mr. Yost? the other day you spoke about the environment, and even touched on terrorism. What are your thoughts on nuclear proliferation?

Mitch: I'm afraid that the powers-that-be are playing on the fears of the misinformed American public to justify a preemptive nuclear strike against a certain Arabian country.

Reporter 4: What do you have to say to the critics that argue that the attention focused on the family is just a reaction to Stinkweed's deception concerning your grandson's now-debunked "miraculous recovery"?

Mitch: I say: they're right. Look, everyone knows our family history with Stinkweed has been pretty troubled, to put it lightly--but, with the departure of Linc Stark, I'm encouraged that they will honor the agreements they made with my family.

Doris: (pushing to the front) When can I expect to have my arrears satisfied?

Mitch: (Amused by her wording, he smiles) I'll let ya talk to Cissy. She's inside. (He opens the door, allows Doris inside, and closes it behind her)

Reporter 5: Is it true that the family signed with Stinkweed to keep from bankruptcy? Did you sell yourself, your ideals, and your family out, to keep from ending up in the unemployment line?

Mitch: Piss off, dirtbag! Stinkweed made us an offer we couldn't refuse, and we signed with the agreement that we had final say in all matters relating to the family, as well as a commitment from them to help clean up Imperial Beach.

Reporter 5: But why would Stinkweed, notorious for their micro-managerial style and questionable ethics, agree to give you all the control?

Mitch: I guess you've never seen us surf.

(All the reporters laugh, except the one that asked the question.)

(Inside, Doris walks over to Cissy, still sitting on the couch, feeling Doris' eyes on the back of her head, resentfully. Doris walks around the couch and faces Cissy, and gives her a slightly comical, but stern and disapproving look)

Cissy: Alright, alright Doris, how much do I fuckin' owe ya?

Doris: I've been trying to track you down for days, Cissy. Don't think I didn't notice that you've been ducking me. I know you've had a crazy week, what with Shaunie's injury and whatnot, but that is no excuse to avoid me and your financial responsibilities. When I saw you parking a sports car, I told myself 'that's the last straw, Doris.' So here I am. Now, lets see: $650 a month times seven months is: $4,550.00 plus a hundred dollars a month penalty fee comes to: $5,250.00. Now, since you've just singed a lucrative contract with that surfing company, I assume you can afford to pay me outright, otherwise, I'm going to be forced to find a new renter.

Cissy: We ain't received shit yet, Doris. The car was paid for by the asshole that wrecked into my Miata. But give me to the end of the day to figure something the hell out. Shit, if I can't: you can go ahead and kick us out tomorrow.

Doris: Now, you know, Cissy, that I'm very fond of your family, and the last thing I want is to cause further turmoil, but I simply must be compensated ASAP; you're not the only one with money problems. Understand?

Cissy: Jesus! Yes, yes I get it. (rolls her eyes)

(Doris nods her head, walks to the door, and slips outside. When she does, Cissy hears Mitch talking to the reporters, sounding almost content. She takes her cell phone out of her purse and hits #2 on the speed dial)

Butchie: (Back at the Snug Harbor, fresh from the shower, still in the bathroom, he answers his cell phone)Yeah?

Cissy: Hey, what did you fuckin' mean when you said Capt. Kirk could "make money appear and every other fuckin' thing"?

Butchie: You mean John?

Cissy: Who the fuck else, retard?

Butchie: Alls ya gotta do is ask him for somethin' and he fuckin' pulls it right outta his fuckin' pockets. Just like that. That's where I got this phone from--and his fuckin' credit card too.

Cissy: Hmmm...why don't you bring him the fuck down to the Surf Shack?

Butchie: Okay, ma. He's out in the parking lot with Palaka, I think. Let me throw some fuckin' clothes on, and I'll head down there with him. Cool?

Cissy: Just fuckin' hurry! (She takes a breath) Hey, is Kai right there?

Butchie: Nope. Fuckin' drove down to Black's to catch some waves. I've gotta get this shithole cleaned up a little to make room for the rest of Shaunie's stuff.

Cissy: Where is Shaunie?

Butchie: Fuckin' skatin', I think.

Cissy: You keep an eye on him, you hear me?!

Butchie: I know, I know, ma. I got it covered: he's my fuckin' kid after all.

Cissy: (scathing with sarcasm) Really?? He's your son, huh? Guess I musta forgot that while I was busy fuckin' raisin' him the last thirteen goddam years!

Butchie: He's fourteen, ma.

Cissy: What-the-fuck-ever! Just hurry the fuck up and get down here, dipshit--I've gotta get Doris off my ass before she becomes permanently attached.

Butchie: (snorts) I'll be there in a fuckin' minute, okay? (he hangs up)

Cissy: (flips her phone shut) Today might not be a complete ass-fuck after all.

Mitch: (walks in the door) Okay, Cissy. They agreed to leave us alone if I promised to let them film me surfing later. What'd Doris say?

Cissy: That she wants her fuckin' money...what else, Ghandi?

Mitch: I meant: how much do we owe her?

Cissy: Like five fuckin' grand...Butchie's bringing that John down here in a minute.

Mitch: Why?

Cissy: I'm gonna pimp him out. Make him give Doris sexual favors to work off our debt. (She grins)

Mitch: (shudders) Better him than me, I guess. (smiles) But, seriously, what for?

Cissy: Butchie says he fuckin' pulls money and shit out of thin air.

Mitch: How?

Cissy: Gee, I don't know Mitch...how the fuck is any of this craziness possible??!

Mitch: Good point. What? does it just appear in his hands or something?

Cissy: His pockets?

Mitch: Pockets, huh? Interesting...

Cissy: What the fuck is so "interesting" about that, Mitch? You'd prefer he pulled it right outta his ass?

Mitch: Give it a rest, huh? Just relax. If what Butchie said is true, you're about to get a huge weight lifted from your shoulders. Though, I have to say, I'm a little concerned about the ethics of accepting money for nothing.

Cissy: Jesus Fucking Christ, Shit-for-brains!!! For one: the weight is being lifted from OUR shoulders--remember: this is OUR business; just 'cause you're barely fuckin' here don't mean the debt ain't yours too. And fuck, fuck, fuck your "ethics of accepting money for nothing." (shaking her head) What the fuck?

Mitch: I'm just saying...

Cissy: That's the goddam problem: you're always "just saying": it's been a fuckin' lifetime since you actually fuckin' DID something instead of just fuckin' "meditating on it".

Mitch: Maybe us spending the day together wasn't such a good idea...

Cissy: Shut the fuck up and get over here.

Mitch: Fuck you. (sits down next to her on the couch) What?

Cissy: You hungry?

Mitch: I could eat.

Cissy: What sounds good?

Mitch: Sushi...maybe a lettuce wrap.

Cissy: Fuck that! I need something that walked the earth; that bled.

Mitch: You know I don't eat red meat, Cissy. The cattle are injected with all those chemicals.

Cissy: Yeah, like raw fish isn't loaded with mercury and traces of the fuckin' sludge that gets dumped into the ocean.

- Walkara

-------------------
Do no harm

Sven2

-------------------

(Bill pulls into the VFW. Zippy and Her ladyship share a cage, seat-belted in the passenger's seat)

Bill: (listening) Would you two PLEASE shut. the. fuck. UP! Jesus Bleedin' Christ!!! It's like being locked in a goddam closet with Cissy and Mitch, the way you two feather-fucks fight! (listening) Gimme a goddam break! I'm not even gonna validate this bullshit with a response. (Pause) Nope...not listening. (gritting his teeth through another round of accusations and name-calling) That's IT! That's it. I'm done. (he opens the truck door and gets out) If you two haven't worked your fuckin' problems out by the time I come back, I'm turning this truck around and taking the both of ya straight home--and you can sit in your shit-smelling cages for the rest of the goddam day without any fucking birdseed! Do you understand?! (he slams the door without waiting for a response, and walks inside)

Ernie: (recognizing Bill) I'll be damned: Bill Jacks! How the hell ya been?

Bill: Morning Ernie. I'm just fine. You?

Ernie: I can't complain...I was sorry to hear about your wife: a damn fine woman. Very kind. I spoke to her on several occasions at the supermarket. She was a real sweetheart.

Bill: (uncomfortable) Yep...my Lo was one of a kind. (he lowers his head and rubs his eyes beneath his glasses, checking for tears) ...anyway, I'm lookin' for Pothead Joe; you seen him around?

Ernie: Not today. He in trouble?

Bill: No. I'm helping him find someone. (Bill sits down on a bar stool)

Ernie: Anything I can help with?

Bill: I dunno. Joe said he'd meet me here this morning. Guess I'll just wait 'till he gets here.

Ernie: Can I get you something to drink while you wait?

Bill: It's not even noon yet! Do I look like some kind of goddam lush to you Ernie? (to himself) Jesus! Drinkin' before noon--what's next: hotboxing Joe's van? Followin' that fuckin' degenerate Hawaiian around the parking lot of Butchie's fuckin' rathole?

Ernie: Sorry, Bill. Guess I just assume any man walking into a bar is lookin' to get shit-faced.

Bill: Fuck it: give me a whiskey and water--make it a double.

Ernie: You sure about that?

Bill: I just fuckin' asked for it, didn't I? Jesus-fuck! He wants me to have a drink until I fuckin' want one!

Ernie: (making Bill's drink) So...ah...Bill. I thought I heard you retired. (he hands Bill the drink)

Bill: Fuckin' mandatory retirement! I'm in my goddam prime--and that shit-bird, Clark, forces me into retirement. Fuckin' desk jockey! (he swallows the drink in one gulp) Gimme another.

Ernie: You sure about that, Bill?

Bill: Fuck, yes: I'm sure. Don't ask me that again!

Ernie: Okay... (he fixes another and sets it in front of Bill) I hope you're not drinking on an empty stomach, Bill.

Bill: (Bill swallows half his drink and sets the rest down) I'm on a fuckin' diet, okay?! Goddam busy-bodies always wanna know every fuckin' detail. (he finishes his drink) One more, Ernie.

Ernie: Comin' right up, Bill.

(An hour passes, still no sign of Joe)

Bill:...they just neverrr fuckinnnn' stopppp fuckin' sqwakin'--but, Zzip...Zzip'sss a good birrrd...fffuckin' saaved the goddam kid...(he holds his empty highball glass upside down and, looks inside) Empty. It's all fffuckin' emmmpty, Ern. Loisss..................--heyyy!!! fill 'er up! (holds his empty glass out)

Ernie: You're done, Bill. I shoulda cut you off three drinks ago. Anymore about talking parrots, resurrections, or retarded aliens and I'm calling a damn doctor.

Bill: My head isssspinnin'....ugh....where's the shitter? (he gets up and stumbles in the direction Ernie points. When he reaches a door, he pushes it open and walks inside, enters a stall, sinks to the floor and falls asleep.)

- Walkara

-------------------

(Barry lies in bed clutching his covers tightly around his neck. Tears are visible at the corners of his eyes. He turns his head to the side and see?s Teddy lying propped against the pillow to his right.)

Barry: (staring at the ceiling) I think I will stay in bed today Teddy. I have had, once again, that sad dream.

(John stands at the waters edge seen through Barry?s living room windows)

John: You stare me down stares Barry down... Justice must be served. I think I will stay in bed today Teddy.

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------

[In her bedroom Emma seems almost in a trance as she stares at her computer screen. Luke exits the bathroom wearing a towel.]

Emma: You got some excellent footage of the Yosts surfing yesterday.

Luke: [sits on the bed] Well that is damn amazing since I don?t know why we were there. Are you now prepared to tell me what your angle is?

Emma: I am not sure, but I think it somehow all ties in with Butchie?s new student, John.

Luke: You mean Rain Man? Why? When you were talking with him last night did he tell you the exact number of grains of sand on the beach?

Emma: [Laughs] He isn't an idiot; he is just different. He has a difficult time communicating with anyone. Anyways. Luke I can't explain it, but I get a feeling that this could be a big and huge story for me..for us.

Luke: You don't have any other facts? You are just going on a feeling? That doesn't sound like you Emma. Usually you approach something in a more slow and methodical fashion.

Emma: Oh I don't know. [She straddles his lap] I wasn't slow or logical when I seduced you after only knowing you for two days. Look at how well that turned out.

Luke: Hmmm. [Smiles] Maybe this will all work out. [Pause] What are you going to tell Fields?

Emma: I am telling Mr. Steve Fields as little as possible. He never wanted to hire a woman in the first place. I can't believe that people with his narrow views about women and ethnic groups still even exist today, let alone work in the news business. Do you know what that bigot said to??

Luke: Whoa! Sorry I didn't mean to ruin the mood.

Emma: [Gets off his lap] It doesn't matter. Sorry baby I really don't even have time for a quickie. I was supposed to meet Cass 10 minutes ago. [Gives him a kiss] See you in the office in about an hour. [She leaves]

- theshriek

-------------------

(Tina is still sitting at the table she shared with Linc when a balding man with a horseshoe mustache in sun glasses and carrying an orange backpack walks into the cafe and sits down opposite her.)

(playing in the background

Tina: What took you so long, Les? You're almost an hour late.

Les: Sorry. An auditions went longer than expected.

Tina: Meaning some poor girl is feeling pretty damn sore right about now.

Les: (he smiles, flashing his teeth) All in a day's work. (he pulls out a cigarette, lights it, inhales then exhales a cloud in Tina's face.)

Jerri: (from behind the bar) You can't fuckin' smoke in here! (she marches over to the table, rips the cigarette out of his fingers and throws it Linc's abandoned water glass) You daft fuckin' git! (she walks back to her place behind the bar)

Les: Hey! That was my last fucking cigarette! (looks at Tina) Who does that fuckin' cunt think she is?

Tina: (shrinking him with her eyes) The owner. Look, did you come here to talk business or start trouble?

Les: Business. (he reaches into his backpack, pulls out a folder and sets it on the table in front of her) It's all outlined in there. I think you'll be more than happy with our offer. You could be the next Jenna, babe: she's getting old and wrinkled; guys are ready for some fresh meat.

Tina: I told you: I'm NOT performing again under ANY circumstances. I thought we had an understanding, Leslie.

Les: There's a clause in the contract that leaves room for renegotiation should you change you mind about that, but it's basically a production deal. Have Rafe give it a look; he'll tell you how generous our offer is. We want you Tina, you've got the look; the profile: you can take this company mainstream without ever having to take your clothes off again, if that's what you want--just by putting your name of the product: your brand. And the best part is, if you change your mind about fucking, we can bill it as a comeback and then just watch the money roll in.

Tina: I'm not fucking changing my mind, okay? I just need to make a living--and someone needs to look out for these girls that fuckers like you chew up and spit out.

Les: I'm not fuckin' here to listen to your fucking crisis of conscience: this is a business, Tina. Remember? A business that made you a shit-load of easy money for very little work. Don't bite the hand that feeds, babe. It's not nice.

Tina: (She pushes the folder across the table, toward him) You know what? I think I've made-up my mind. Fuck this! and fuck you, Leslie. Linc was right: this was a Bad Idea. I should've trusted his instincts.

Les: "Linc was right"?? Who? Linc Stark? The Stinkweed asshole that had his people call-up and request 'Tina Blake' "meet" him in I.B., but asked that we keep you out of the loop?

Tina: What the fuck are talking about? How do you know Linc Stark?

Les: He's a long-time client of Arthur Lawrence, over at Spitshine Inc. One of his "people" called and requested you by name but told us not to let you know you were requested by the client. What was that you were saying about 'trust' again?

Tina: Fuck off, Les! (she gathers her things to leave)

Les: Hey! Hey, c'mon Tina. Sit back down.

Tina: Go fuck yourself!

Les: (He grabs her wrist, just as she's about the walk away and puts the folder in her hand) Don't be stupid, Tina: take it. Think it over. Remember that we take care of our own, 'cause the outside world doesn't want the leftovers. They don't want their fantasy fucks anywhere but in a one-night stand or on-screen getting power-fucked and then back under the mattress. (His voice slithers) Remember that, babe. (He lets go of her hand, which she jerks away, still clutching the folder)

(Tina gives him a brutal but wounded look, puts the folder in her purse and walks out)

Les: (calling after her) See you soon!

- Walkara
Do no harm

Sven2

(Butchie throws the door to Room F open and walks out into the courtyard. Ramon and his cousins are hard at work at various renovations. Shaun skates the pool. Palaka stand at the pool's edge, right above the '4', arms folded. John is at his side.)

Butchie: Morning, Ramon! (He hold his hand out)

Ramon: Buenos diaz, Butchie. You surfing today?

Butchie: Maybe later. I dunno. Where's Barry?

Ramon: He called in, said he might not be in today. I think he's having one of his "dark days". Dickstein said he might go over there and try to get him out of bed. I told him to take the Doctor. Barry likes the doctor.

Butchie: Who don't like the fuckin', Doc? ...Well, I'll let ya fuckin' get back to work then, lazy ass. (He curls his mouth into a sarcastic smile) Later, Ramon.

Ramon: Adios, Butchie. (He goes back over to the other workers)

Butchie: (approaching the pool) Hey! Shaunie!

Shaun: (he jumps out of the pool and skates to meet Butchie) Yeah, dad?

Butchie: John and me need to go down to the shop and help your gram out for a minute. You wanna go?

Shaun: (hops off his board and flips it into his hand) I'm waiting for some of the guys to show up. We're gonna head down to the beach.

Butchie: You gonna fuckin' get wet?

Shaun: Umm...we're meeting some...'people' there.

Butchie: 'People', huh? I gotcha, buddy. "People" bein' code for chicks, right?

Shaun: (embarrassed) Anyways...

Butchie: (laughs) Shiiit, pal: you're as red as a pecker head. No reason to get all fuckin' shy around the old man. Back in the day, I was up to my fuckin' implants in pussy, bro. Just try not to break too many fuckin' hearts like me. (He puts his right hand on Shaun's shoulder and grins)

Shaun: (awkward) Whatever, dad. (He turns to walk off, pauses, and turns back around) Hey...dad, can I ask you something?

Butchie: (puts his other hand on Shaun's free shoulder) Anything, bud.

Shaun: How can you tell if a girl likes you?

Butchie: Good fuckin' question! It depends on the chick, I guess. Some come on so strong, it'll turn you off; and some'll treat ya like shit, ingore ya, and argue with everything ya fuckin' say.

Shaun: How'd you know mom liked you?

Butchie: Fuck...I'm not sure she did at first. Some people just grow on ya, I guess.

Shaun: Did you like her at first?

Butchie: Hell yeah! There's a lot to like, sport. Your ma always had a trail of dudes following her around.

Shaun: What'd you do to get her attention?

Buchie: Fuckin' kept bumping into her (makes quoation marks with his fingers) "on accident" until I could think of somethin' to fuckin' say. She made me work for it. Like I said, at the time, I was swimmin' in groupies. I didn't even have to try, so your ma really stood out. You gotta watch out fer that shit, Shaun. Ain't no harm in havin' a little fun, but people'll try to use you; that's why it's so fuckin' important to listen to the people that care about ya; the ones you can fuckin' trust. I bought into my own bullshit, pal. Don't make the same fuckin' mistake as me, okay?

Shaun: I won't, dad. (He hops on his board and skates back to the pool.)

Butchie: (to himself)I know you won't, son. You've gotta good fuckin' head on your shoulders, considerin'... (He yells to Palaka) Hey, Ice Cream Man! Keep an eye on my boy, huh?

Palaka: (yelling back) Roger, Butchie! And, uh, just call me Palaka: my days of slingin' are at an end, now being gainfully employed in the Security business.

Butchie: Whatever, Palaka.

(John walks over)

Butchie: What's up, my man?

John: Butchie hurt my tit.

Butchie: I'm sorry about that, bro. But you gotta learn when to keep your mouth shut.

John: "Where nothing comes up to the top. Everything stays down where it's wounded and comes to a permanent stop."

Butchie: Okayyy...

John: Cissy is ashamed of her flooring. She needs a bonus before Doris stares her down.

Butchie: That's exactly fuckin' right, braugh. You wanna cruise over to the shop with me?

John: I'll confirm it, Trooper.

Butchie: Fuckin' A! Let's take the van. I think Linc was pissed we took the fuckin' Camino home last night since he doesn't have a fuckin' car, so I'll leave it here for him.

(They walk over to Butchie's VW van. Butchie opens the passenger door for John and helps him put his seatbelt on, then walks around to the driver's side and gets in)

John: Tina gives Linc a nut-nudge. Cass is in my eyes. Where's Cass, Butchie?

Butchie: Fuck if I know, John. Last I saw, she was driving off in that fuckin' sweet-ass Porche of hers. (Butchie turns the ignition, and puts the van in reverse)

John: I like Cass, Butchie.

Butchie: What's not to like, John: she's a hot, little, blond. (He puts the car in drive and pulls out of the parkinglot, waving at Shaun and Palaka as he passes the empty pool)

John: Linc has to eat Cass' crow.

Butchie: That doesn't sound good.

John: It's all good, Butchie. Everbody dumps out.

- Walkara

-------------------

(In Barry's bedroom the bed is now neatly made. The living room is empty except for a large collection of sea shells neatly displayed on the shelves above the bar. The gently breaking surf is seen through the large plate glass windows)

John: (riding with Butchie) Barry is staying in bed today.

Butchie: Yeah that's what I heard. I'm sure Ramon's crew don't mind one fuckin' bit that he's gone either.

John: Barry is gone.

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------

(Linc and Jake exit the hotel conference room with smiles on their faces. Behind them, several balding men in various stages of decline and a very uptight-looking woman remain seated.)

Linc: Cass saved your ass. That fuckin' YouTube shit is Huge.

Jake: I was so sure I was fucked.

Linc: (sarcastically) No shit?

(They continue walking to the Hotel exit.)

Jake: They didn't even bat an eye when I told 'em we needed to double the budget.

Linc: Don't get too fuckin' excited about that. We're gonna funnel as much of that into "Clean Water Now" as possible.

Jake: Yeah, yeah--hey! You wanna go get a drink to celebrate?

Linc: Too early. Plus, I've gotta go pick Tina up at the Internet Cafe. I've got her car.

Jake: Where's your car?

Linc: Which one? The Navigator's in the fuckin' shop. Remember? All the others are still in the garage back in Huntington. I'll bring 'em over when I find a place here. The Hotel is fine for now.

Jake: What about the El Camino?

Linc: Butchie took it last night. Since John paid for it, guess he figures it's communal property.

(They reach their cars, parked next to each other)

Jake: Well...I'm gonna go get drunk and laid, dude.

Linc: Right on. I'll call you tomorrow and we'll make sure things are runnin' on schedule--and we should probably run everything by Mitch too.

Jake: (Getting into his car) (sarcastically) That outta be buckets of fun. Later, Linc.

(Linc waves and gets into Tina's car. A smile creeps across his face, realizing that he is completely happy and filled with hope in the moment. He breathes it in, and starts the car, eager to give Tina a kiss.)

(Linc's phone rings; the ring is the beginning of Dylan's "Girl From The North Country".)

Linc (turns the car off) Hey, Cass. I've got good news for you.

Cass: (distant) What?

Linc: Six of the videos you posted on YouTube are already in the most viewed videos of all time. I'm talking millions of hits in just a few days. I guess it's got everyone buzzing about the expo. Anyway, Stinkweed is dying to get you on their payroll--

Cass: --I'll freelance, but I'm not going to be anyone's "employee".

Linc: Which is why I told 'em you only worked on a job-by-job basis. Basically, they wanna pay you to film the expo; you can hand-pick a crew and everything. They asked if maybe we could find an on-camera person for some of the segments, to narrate, interview people, ect. How 'bout that woman I saw you with yesterday?

Cass: (encouraged) Yeah...this could work. I'll call Emma--SHIT! Oh, shit: I'm supposed to be meeting her in like ten minutes. I better get over there.

Linc: Where are you?

Cass: In my hotel room.

Linc: Okay, well...I'll get in touch with you later and we can negotiate the specifics of your contract with Jake.

Cass: Bye. (she hangs up)

(Linc starts the car again and heads to the Internet Cafe)

- Walkara

-------------------

(Dickstein and Dr. Smith stand on Barry's porch)

Dr. Smith: He doesn't seem to be home.

Dickstein: Or he's not answering...I can't imagine where he is.

Dr. Smith: Perhaps he just needs a little break. We all must move at our own pace if we expect to get anywhere.

Dickstein: That's a valid point--but there are pressing issues of great importance, financial and otherwise, that need addressing. His visions are needed.

Dr. Smith: Maybe he followed the stickmen into the spiral.

Dickstein: Pardon me for saying so, but you're speaking nonsense now, Dr. Smith.

Dr. Smith: Not an uncommon turn of events, I suspect, for anyone who has seen Cincinnati.

Dickstein: Ohio?

Dr. Smith: I am speaking of a city of a million hills: curvatures in matter; wrinkles in time; squiggles in space. Not The City of the Seven Hills, home of The Reds.

Dickstein: I see. Though I can't say I entirely understand.

Dr. Smith: Nor I. Maybe that's the point. (turns around) I propose we go back to The Snug Harbor and stand vigil until Barry returns from his dance with the Silver Surfer.

Meyer: Agreed.

(They go back to Meyer's car, get in, and leave)

- Walkara

-------------------

(Freddy wakes up and sits on the edge of his bed for a moment. Looking up he gets up and walks over to the sliding door, he reaches over and pulls the cord to open the vertical blinds, he draws them all the way back and then steps outside. Looking around he watches Ramon as he directs some of his workers through the door of a vacant room. He hears Shaun shout as he flies out of the pool on his skateboard and sees Palaka in the pool. He walks over toward them.)

Palaka: (seeing Freddy enter the pool area) Top of the morning to you Boss! You gotta see this kid boss! He's one of a kind... I'm standin' here amazed!... Never seen anything like this before. Not even on T.V.!

Freddy: Yeah, good morning to the both of you. It's nice to see you, on this fine beautiful day. (to Shaun) nice moves you got there boy... People are gonna be lucky to see what you got to show 'em. They'll know they seen somethin' after watchin' you.

Shaun: Thanks Freddy.

Freddy: You're welcome... You deserve it.

Palaka: Ok.. What have you done with my employer...you teaser?

Freddy: That's funny Palaka.... You wanna go up to that Café and get a cup of coffee?

Palaka: (stares at Freddy and then begins a series of unfinished motions and utterances, stutters) suure boss...That sounds real good... you and me... in a sit down coffee shop...

Freddy: I'll buy you a Danish. (to Shaun) You don't need no baby sitter right?

Shaun: I'm cool

(Palaka hops out of the pool and follows Freddy down the driveway. Freddy stops and lets Palaka catch up and walks beside him as they turn out onto the sidewalk and walk toward the café.)

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------

(Clutching Teddy, Barry pulls his wallet out and hands the man a hundred dollar bill)

Barry: I simply do not see why I should be denied what I have denied myself far too many times. I deserve a good time as much as anyone. I will not stay in bed and cower in fear dreaming about lost love and beatings taken. Today, Mr. Cunningham gets what Mr. Cunningham needs!

Man: Through there.

Barry: Oh, yes, I'm sorry. (he turns and looks at a man standing behind him wearing a leather bikers jacket staring impatiently) No! Actually, I'm not sorry! I'm through being pushed down and shoved around! I am not sorry!

Man: (nodding sarcastically) That's great, we're all glad you're not sorry. But if you don't go inside I'm gonna be the next one pushing you down and shoving you around. Now move it!

Barry: Oh, very well (he walks through the tiny alcove and out into a lushly planted courtyard where a very good looking young man greets him eagerly)

- SpiritontheWater
Do no harm

Sven2

Young Man: Welcome to Sea World, we hope you enjoy your visit with us today! (The young man hands Barry a map of the park)

Barry: (beaming) Oh Teddy, I haven't been here in years. I am so excited! (he opens the map) Oh look, there's a guest appearance by Spider man and the Silver Surfer at two.

(The man in the ticket booth opens the door behind Barry)

Man: You forgot your change mister. (Barry takes the change without looking and stuffs it in his pocket.)

Barry: (Startled out of his trance like amazement) Thank you!... my good sir... your nobility rises in your honesty. I would have never missed it in my present state. (Barry shoves the money back in the hands of the ticket seller) Your reward.

- SpiritontheWater

-------------------

[Dickstein and Dr. Smith arrive back at the hotel. Smith goes to his room and Dickstein goes over to Ramon who is sweeping outside the office.]

Dickstein: No sign of Mr. Cunningham, Ramon.

Ramon: Has the bear gone with him?

Dickstein: It would appear so.

[Dickstein watches sweep for awhile.]

Dickstein: Ramon, I must confess to you that as the day of my mother's arrival approaches, the optimism is leaving my heart and is forming itself into a large ulcer in my stomach.

Ramon: Mylanta is good for an upset stomach.

Dickstein: [Smiles] Oh how I wished there were an over-the-counter solution for this situation.

Ramon: You think that the water is going to come to boil between your mother and your fiancee?

Dickstein: Ramon, the situation could turn into Old Faithful.

[Two trucks drive into the courtyard. Hostetler gets out of one and walks towards Ramon and Dickstein.]

Dickstein: It seems that the new flagpole has arrived.

Ramon: Barry is going to be very upset he wasn't here. He wanted to have a christening for it upon its immediate arrival.

- theshriek

-------------------

Sam: I'm looking for Mr. Cunningham.

Ramon: He's...out of range, at the moment. Can I give him a message?

Sam: Tell him to give me a call when he's ready. We can't very well move forward without him.

Meyer: Understood.

(Sam gets back in his truck and drives off, the other truck follows.)

- Walkara

-------------------

[Cass enters the Internet Café and approaches the counter.]

Cass: [To Jerri] Hello again. Please may I have an espresso this morning?

[Emma comes running in.]

Emma: Sorry I am late. [To Jerri] A double latte please.

Cass: I just got here myself.

[They go and sit down at the table by the window.]

Emma: This morning I looked at the some of the footage Luke took yesterday. He got some real interesting visuals.

Cass: That's great. Guess who called me as I was leaving my hotel room?

Emma: [In a teasing voice] Luke Perry?

Cass: [She rolls her eyes] No, Linc Stark. He said that Stinkweed wants me to film the expo.

Emma: What a wonderful opportunity for you Cass.

Cass: I am not the only one with an opportunity. Linc said that Stinkweed wants an on-camera person for narration and interviews. It would be freelance. I will be meeting with Linc to iron out the other details, but what do you think so far?

Emma: Oh I'm with you. [Pause] Do you think you might need another videographer as well?

Cass: [Hesitating] It would be great to have another set of eyes, but I will know more the kind of staff I will need after I talk again to Linc.

Emma: I cannot wait to start.

- theshriek

-------------------

(Butchie parks in front of the Surf Shop, gets out of the van, walks around and lets John out. Just as he's about to go inside, he spots Tina, across the street at the internet cafe)

Butchie: Hey, John, you go on in and fuckin' give Cissy what she wants, okay? Then you wait for me--I'll be back in a fuckin' minute.

John: Okay, Butchie. Get rid of Tina's unsightly bulge?

Butchie: What? No! I'm just gonna fuckin' talk to her, John. (shakes his head and struts across the street)

(Tina leans against the side of the Internet Cafe, smoking a cigarette. Butchie approaches and leans next to her against the wall; their arms almost touching)

Butchie: Hey.

Tina: (takes a drag) Hey.

Butchie: So...whatcha doin'?

Tina: Nuthin'. (She exhales)

Butchie: When'd you start smokin'?

Tina: I didn't. Not really. I keep a pack in my purse for emergencies.

Butchie: What's the fuckin' emergency?

Tina: There's not one.

Butchie: (confused) What's the fuckin' matter then?

Tina: Don't worry about it.

Butchie: (grins at her, then bumps his shoulder against hers) I think Shaunie's got a fuckin' crush on some chick named Melanie.

Tina: Who's Melanie?

Butchie: Fuck if I know...John just said he wanted to fuckin' bone her.

Tina: What?! He's way too young for that. (she flicks her cigarette to the ground)

Butchie: Shit...I was fourteen when I first got my dick wet. It ain't that fuckin' young.

Tina: Yeah? Look how well that worked out. You need to have a talk with him, Butchie.

Butchie: Already fuckin' did. (smiles with pride) Gave him pointers and everything.

Tina: That's not what I meant--you need to make him understand how serious it is--that there's no rush.

Butchie: How old were you, when you lost your cherry?

Tina: (looks away) Have you seen Linc?

Butchie: Nope. (watching Tina) I thought you two were connected at the fuckin' hip.

Tina: (her eyes well) Fuck him!

Butchie: Fucked ya over already, huh? That was fast.

Tina: I just found out that he called the agency and requested 'Tina Blake'--but he told me that it was a complete coincidence, and pretended not to know who I was. He said he never even watched porn, 'cause then he wouldn't do anything else.

Butchie: That's the Linc I know. I can't fuckin' believe you bought that shit. Every fuckin' guy in America knows who the fuck you are.

Tina: ...I'm such a fucking moron. (Tears run down her face)

Butchie: (uncomfortable with crying women) Oh...hey...ah..c'mere (He puts his arms around her and hugs her, resting his chin on her head) It's okay. It'll be okay. Maybe Linc has a good fuckin' excuse.

Tina: (head pressed against Butchie's Chest) Why would he lie about that? He was probably just using me to get to Shaun.

Butchie: Maybe....but who fuckin' knows? Men lie about stupid shit. Sometimes we just fuckin' wanna avoid getting our balls busted by the ladies. Sometimes we fuckin' lie for no good reason--just to make things easier. But we usually fuckin' feel guilty about it later. (He gives Tina a squeeze, then puts his hands on her shoulders and looks at her) I've seen how Linc looks at ya (He feels a sudden rush of contempt for Linc but shakes it off), and ya can't fuckin' fake that. Just give him a chance to explain before ya get all fuckin' worked up, okay?

Tina: Okay. (She leans into Butchie, one hand in front of her, resting on his chest; she lifts the other and puts in on his cheek, feeling his scruff on her fingers.) Thanks.

(Butchie lets his face melt in her palm, drawing her even closer. They look into each other's eyes and the memories swell. The heat, the passion between them, flickers. Almost kissing, Tina pulls back and Butchie puts his head down and his hands in his pockets, then looks back up, as if absorbing the intensity, containing it. Tina resumes her place, leaning against the wall; she sighs and pulls the folder from her purse, then leafs through it)

Butchie: (trying to break the ice)What's that?

Tina: Nuthin'.

Butchie: (gives her That Look) C'mon.

Tina: Promise you won't freak out

(Butchie nods)

Tina: It's a contract from the Agency.

Butchie: (freaking out) What the fuck?! I thought you were fuckin' "gettin' out of the business"!

Tina: I am. It's a production deal. They wanna make me a name brand, give me producer credits and make films under my banner--and they want me to help recruit 'new talent.'

Butchie: Yeah right! They only thing those vampires want is your fuckin' body.

Tina: Fuck you! God! Just when I thought you might not be the biggest cocksucker on Earth...I should've known you'd feel the same as Linc.

Butchie: Good for fuckin' Linc then! You're flesh is all THEY fuckin' want. You really want a bunch of jerk-offs spitting milk-babies all over ya for the rest of your fuckin' life? Huh? Do you really wanna be the one to lure damaged girls into the wonderful fuckin' world of circle jerks and double penetrations?

Tina: When you put it that way...(she rolls her eyes) But you're such a hypocrite! Don't try to act like you don't watch porn.

Butchie: Sure I do, but I don't fuckin' need it. I like a hot piece of ass and a nice rack as much as the next dude, but I ain't gonna fuckin' pay for it. I don't fuckin' spend my day surfing the goddam interweb, or whatever, for monster shots. I like real women.

Tina: You're still a hypocrite. (She puts the folder back in her purse and slings it around her shoulder, so that it's under her arm, right between she and Butchie) Anyway, I never fucking said I was taking the job, just that I'm thinking it over.

Butchie: Whatever. (He bumps shoulders with her again, and slips something out of her purse at the same time.) I'm just tryin' to fuckin' look out for ya. (He slides something in his back pocket, unnoticed.)

(Linc pulls into the parking lot, and parks in the empty space adjacent to where Tina and Butchie stand. He gets out and walks to them. Tina meets him halfway. Butchie keeps his head down, eavesdropping)

Tina: When the fuck were you gonna tell me you requested me from the agency, Mr. "I never watch porn 'cause that's all I'd ever do."??!!

Linc: What?? (turns pale)

Tina: You heard me! (She shoves him) Why the fuck did you lie to me?!

Linc: (grabs her arm, looking like a deer in the headlights) I'm sorry! I'm so fuckin' sorry, babe! I...I meant to tell ya, but I knew it would fuck shit up. I was just gaining your trust and I didn't wanna lose it--I was in a bad spot: Stinkweed was breathing down my neck, the family was freezing me out, and I thought, you know, that maybe I could make a deal with you. But then I met you and everything changed. You have to believe me, Tina! I'm fucking in love with you. I was gonna come clean, but I kept putting it off--I'm sorry.

Tina: Fuck off! (looks him in the eye) But I believe you. (surprising herself) I just don't think I can trust you. I...I wanna be with you, Linc, but I need a break to figure everything out. (She pushes past him, rips her keys from his hand, and gets in her car)

Linc: (leaning over her in the car)I'm so fuckin' sorry, Tina. Just give me the chance to make it up to you. Please.

Tina: Maybe later...right now, I just want some space, okay? (she starts the car)

Linc:: Okay, okay. I understand. (He put his hand on her shoulder) Can I call you later?

Tina: I don't know...(She pulls out and drives off)

Butchie: (wandering back to Linc) Looks like somebody's in the fuckin' doghouse.

Linc: No shit! Fuck me! I'm so fucked, bro.

Butchie: Yeah, it don't look like you'll be burying the fuckin' bone anytime soon. (He laughs)

Linc: Fuck me: she's pissed.

Butchie: Don't fuckin' sweat it too much, dude. She ain't the type to hold a grudge too fuckin' long. She'll get over it--just don't fuck with her again, else you'll have to fuckin' answer to me. (Butchie folds his arms and gives Linc a stern look for emphasis)

Linc: (smiles at Butchie) Understood.

Butchie: (pulls the rolled-up folder outta his back pocket and offer it to Linc) Here.

Linc: What's this? (He examines it) Holy shit! This is Tina's fuckin' contract! How the hell did you get a hold of this?

Butchie: (beaming with pride) Lifted it right the fuck outta her purse.

Linc: Nice work, my man! (he offers Butchie his hand) I told her that was a bad idea.

Butchie: (taking Linc's hand) Don't fuckin' mention it: we're together on this. I ain't gonna just sit here and let her piss herself away all over again.

(They bump knuckles)

Linc: Glad we're on the same team.

Butchie: Cool...well, I gotta run 'cross the street and get John.

Linc: Mind if I tag along? I gotta talk to your old man anyway.

Butchie: Let's go.

(Butchie swaggers across the street. Linc follows)

- Walkara

-------------------
Do no harm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk