News:

We now have TWO sites!  The original johnfromcincinnati.net  and the New JohnFromCincinnati.net.  Yet there is only one forum so it doesn't matter which site you are on, the forum is the same.  ENJOY!  and "Work here, Cass."

Main Menu

SaveJFC Newsletter

Started by SaveJFC Admin, December 06, 2007, 12:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/signup

When you sign up, we will send you email newsletters with crucial information and updates.  

To read past newsletters go to: http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net/resources.html#newsletters
Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

Hey save... I just tried to go to the sign up link... I don't think the link works... check it out.

SaveJFC Admin

Hummm.... Worked for me.  What happened when you tried to use it?  Did you get any page at all or a 404? or 401 error?
Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

The link on the top page of johnfromcincinnati.net sends me to the petitions page... the link on the thread works fine...

SaveJFC Admin

I can not replicate this problem.  I am going to the homepage http://www.johnfromcincinnati.net

On the top navigation links I am going to: What To Do then clicking the second option Newsletter SignUp.  Is that what you are doing?

I've also tried the link above our music video and that works fine for me also.  I'll need to reproduce the problem in order to fix it.
Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

Some things I know...  

Pre-Order DVD, get Guaranteed lowest price, and Help Support This Website!  

Subscribe to John's Videos!
It's important... HBO is watching.

Signup for Newsletter  

Sign Online Petition
7700+ signatures. Will be sent to HBO at 10,000  

Hey!Nielsen JFC Opinion Poll  

Click Here and tell HBO to put JFC back OnDemand!

Ok.... on the front of the page there is a "clickable link" called signup for newsletter.

It is under the clickable called "subscribe to John's videos", and above the link called "sign online petition"

If i'm being a bother forget about it.
I'm Nutz after all....lol

SaveJFC Admin

OHHH.... THAT link!

I have no idea how that happened.  On the good side... it may have gotten more people to sign the petition ;D

It's fixed now.  Thank for finding that.
Work here, Cass.

Patrick

Hi Trishah,
In response to the newsletter 'Our Long, Strange Trip...'

I would agree to the  WildCoast.org donation, a good cause

HAPPY Labor Day , Long Live John From Cincinnati  :'(

SaveJFC Admin

Thanks, Miles.  So far I've received 4 emails all saying the same thing.  It is a bit sad.  Part of me was hoping we could do an annual ad in The Hollywood Reporter just to stay on the industries radar, or at least Milch's.  I hope he is doing well and that "The last of the ninth" gives him an avenue to continue some of the themes we love from JOHN.

Well, tomorrow is another day...  I look forward to hearing from everyone with their thoughts.

Our Long, Strange Trip...

Hello Dear Friends & Monad-ista's,

The one year anniversary of the beginning and ending of 'John From Cincinnati' has come and gone.   Just a year ago I was in the midst of one of the first organized postcard campaigns launched from TheSnugHarborMotel.com forum.  And the idea of an ad in The Hollywood Reporter or Variety had just started to be discussed on the boards.  We were a routy bunch from all walks of life, full of passion and out-rage and ideas.  We had been inexplicably touched by an odd and wonderful TV series.  We had experienced genius and we wanted more... needed more...

I remember being hesitant to take on the responsibility of becoming "keeper of the fund" for the magazine ads.  However my love for the show and for the community that had sprung up out-weighed my concerns.   In looking back over the year, I learned much and had a lot of fun, as well as trials, along the way.  I wish we could have succeeded in our task.  I wish we knew then what we know now about running such a campaign...

My only regret is that our show is now being used as the poster-child for all the new, ill-fated, poorly conceived shows that come and go without making an impression on the masses.  We know JOHN deserves better.

We know when we can see in our mind the love in Bill's eyes when he talks to Shawnie.

We know when we find ourselves humming 'Johnny Appleseed' even though we haven't watched the show in a while.

We know when we quote from the show in our conversations.

We know when we are comforted by remembering John's words in times of trouble.

We still ask David Milch and Kem Nunn to keep JOHN alive in their hearts and minds.  We know that one day they will find a way to continue the story in some form.    And we will be here ready to hang on every word, empathize with every struggle, rejoice in every characters triumph as if it were our own.

Unless there are any new suggestions, I believe it's time to send the remainder of the The Fund to WildCoast.org as was planned.   Please comment at Our New Endeavor thread on the HBO.com:
http://boards.hbo.com/topic/John-Cincinnati-Member/New-Endeavor/700014373

or the SaveJFC Forum at:

http://forum.johnfromcincinnati.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=general
FYI:  There is now a link to an Excel spreadsheet of The Funds' PayPal account on the home page of johnfromcincinnati.net in the donation box.

As always...
Work her, Cass.

Trishah
SaveJFC Admin
Work here, Cass.

Patrick

Hi Trishah,
Hope you don't mind, I posted just a partial piece of the latest newsletter on JFC bb's.
Thanks for so much effort and the donation is for a great cause

ANGEL, We LOVE YOU and MISS you my dear, please be well
We all think of you and wish you the very best

- patrick ( Myles7)

SaveJFC Admin

Myles, I don't mind at all!  It was great of you to do that.

I was debating if I was going to post the whole thing over there or not, but you beat me to it lol.  

Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk