News:

Visit the main JohnFromCincinnati.net site for archived material and more ;)

Main Menu

Sticker Survey

Started by SaveJFC Admin, December 05, 2007, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaveJFC Admin

Author: SaveJFC
Post subject: Sticker Survey
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2007, 19:26

This thread is for discussion about if we should use of some of the SaveJFC Efforts Fund money to buy and then sell Surfing Monad stickers. An invitation to the survey was sent to people who have donated to The Fund and were given a password so only they could vote. Sticker Survey Link

Results of the survey will be posted here on Tuesday 20 November.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Author: SaveJFC
Post subject: Re: Sticker Survey
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2007, 00:23

I'm keeping track of the early voting and there may have been a bit of confusion about the purpose of the stickers that wasn't made as clear as it should have been. The stickers are not to send to HBO but to plaster in public places to advertise the SaveJFC Effort and to find the lost Monadistas.

The ads were seen by the execs and the industry. The videos and our posting and blogging are found by some of the lost all the time. The Google ad that was contributed got over 400 new people to visit the site. These are all great things which we need to keep doing (IMHO). But what about the people who are not in the industry and who are not online? I hear stories all the time from people wearing a monad t-shirt or a "What would JOHN do?" t-shirt having people come up to them saying they had no idea that there was a movement to save the show. To me stickers are a form of advertising that you only have to pay for once and, if of good quality, will last for literally years...

Okay, is my bias showing lol. Good thing I only get one vote huh. So I just wanted to make it clear what the stickers are for.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Survey Results

• 80% thought that stickers are a good idea.
  • 70% of those thought we should buy 1000 (abt. 10 cents each) instead of 500 (abt. 15 cents each) for B/W stickers.
  • 70% want profits to first put the cost of the stickers back The Fund and the rest be split between The Fund and website upkeep.
Work here, Cass.

SaveJFC Admin

Update on Stickers

As I was designing the stickers I came up with a new design that looks more like the new look of the site.  This design has a blue gradient background and looks much better then the B/W versions.  I was, at first, dismayed to find out how much this one change was going to make to the price (quotes up to $2.50 a sticker).  I almost gave up but then found a printer who can do 500 of them for 25 cents each or $125 including shipping!

I'll let you know when they become available.

Original StickerNew B/W StickerNew Color Sticker

Work here, Cass.

Jimmy Two Nutz

Are the stickers of bumper sticker quality? I guess what I'm asking is "Will they last in the weather???

SaveJFC Admin

Yes.  I worked to get the best quality for the best price.  The printer gave me the following information:

QuoteWe can do these outdoor ovals in a 3.5 x 5.5 oval out of BOPP with a Polystyrene laminate that makes it the best sticker for outdoor use on the market.

500 stickers for $125.00 includes shipping makes the $0.25 cents a piece.
Work here, Cass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk